talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 37 Fixtures - 20-25th May, 2023

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that puts Leicester down. 

Between us and Leeds now. Expected a win considering Wolves were on the beach, but good to not lose. Means if Leeds lose tomorrow then they would have to win on the final day, a draw wouldn't be good enough.

• Subscriber

That was a fucking shambles of a performance and a draw still leaves us at the mercy of Leeds beating a hungover West Ham tomorrow but that point could be precious and means we can now afford a few more scenarios to go against us (Leeds getting a point and/or Forest getting a point off Arsenal) without it being out of our hands next weekend.

I’m delighted for Bobby. But for fuck sake, can’t even do our own job nevermind needing others to do us favours. Awful result, and while it’s still mathematically possible, Utd only need one point from two games. It’s done. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m delighted for Bobby. But for fuck sake, can’t even do our own job nevermind needing others to do us favours. Awful result, and while it’s still mathematically possible, Utd only need one point from two games. It’s done. 

It’s shit, but it would have been mental if we snuck CL football this year considering the season we’ve had. The good thing is for United and especially Newcastle they’re having their best seasons in a long time and we’re not that far off from them despite being dreadful for a long stretch of the season.

Fuck me, Everton get some luck don't they.

If it's not Michael Keane scoring 30 yard screamers in the last minute its Mina scoring in the 100th when they look dead and buried and Wolves keeper decides to gift it.

That's a massive point for them because had we got a point tomorrow, it would have been in our hands.

I just hope our bit of luck's round the corner because all we seem to get is peg leg Bamford missing sitters or penalties.

• Subscriber

Calvert-Lewin going off injured was genuinely as bad as getting a red card. If Wolves had anything to play for they'd have gone and scored another goal or two but luckily they didn't.

We've known for ages we probably have to beat Bournemouth on the last day. With massive doubts over Calvert-Lewin, Patterson and Mykolenko, each one the only player we have left in their respective positions, it's not going to be that simple and Dyche will have to find better solutions for the final game. We need McNeil up the pitch for one thing even if it means having to hide behind the sofa watching Holgate try to play at full back.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Fuck me, Everton get some luck don't they.

Yeah, and none of it good xD. Wolves took the lead through a rebound goal in their first attack of the game which we'd controlled to that point and we also lost two players to injury in the first half. We're lucky to a point that we ended up against Wolves today who aren't 100% arsed but that's the nature of the end of the season and Leeds benefit from the same tomorrow.

We also ended up with Bill Kenwright as chairman and Farhad Moshiri owning the club depending on how far we're reaching to keep score here!

Forest are the ones you want to be annoyed at for their luck. xD

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s shit, but it would have been mental if we snuck CL football this year considering the season we’ve had. The good thing is for United and especially Newcastle they’re having their best seasons in a long time and we’re not that far off from them despite being dreadful for a long stretch of the season.

I like to look at it as how far we have come rather than Liverpool falling.   RedmanTV picked up a trend at the back of last season where Liverpool were becoming defensively vulnerable,  it was masked by the fact you were outscoring teams but the issues were there and you had every opportunity to fix those issues.    I don't think Liverpool have regressed that much,  its just Man U, Arsenal and Newcastle getting better and the league being much more competitive with teams like Brentford and Brighton then Villa being able to beat teams at the top. 

You are probably a CB, RB and DM away from being an elite team again.

Statistically your xP is 64 so you have outplayed it meaning you are about where you should be,  Man United have outplayed their xP by 8 points to show how well they have done being able to grind results out. 

14 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I like to look at it as how far we have come rather than Liverpool falling.   RedmanTV picked up a trend at the back of last season where Liverpool were becoming defensively vulnerable,  it was masked by the fact you were outscoring teams but the issues were there and you had every opportunity to fix those issues.    I don't think Liverpool have regressed that much,  its just Man U, Arsenal and Newcastle getting better and the league being much more competitive with teams like Brentford and Brighton then Villa being able to beat teams at the top. 

You are probably a CB, RB and DM away from being an elite team again.

Statistically your xP is 64 so you have outplayed it meaning you are about where you should be,  Man United have outplayed their xP by 8 points to show how well they have done being able to grind results out. 

We’ve been a lot better since adjusting our tactics, so I don’t really care about the xP, we were so shit earlier in the season I was hardly expecting us to get any points.

You and those cunts from Manchester have had good seasons, especially yourselves. But pretty far off from being genuine contenders imo, which is what our expectations were this season before learning we can’t rely on these older players in the same way and needed to shift things around. And if we address the places that need addressing, we don’t need to think about playing catch-up to just get CL - we need to be worried about pushing City again.

It’s made for an interesting season, but I think many teams have underperformed all around the league. That we’ve been so bad yet are still in 5th is shocking to me.

• Subscriber

Arteta is going to lay out the red carpet for Forest to get out of trouble. Moyes is going to do the same tomorrow for Leeds, who are managed by Allardyce. It's all set up for a Richarlison own goal at Leeds on the last day to keep them up whatever we do against Bournemouth. 

If Leicester had employed Frank Lampard and Southampton had brought back Ronald Koeman then we'd genuinely have finished 20th. 

I actually think I hate Forest. The number of times things have just fallen perfectly for them this season is a statistical outrage. On this occasion being the next ones to play Arsenal the week after the title goes up in smoke with the Arsenal captain and player of the season going as far as to set it up for them.

Ramsdale is absolutely shite, always has been. He just gets a free pass because he does shite banter to the away fans and is a media darling.

That's not me sucking off Pickord either, Pope is clear of Ramsdale.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived