talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 37 Fixtures - 20-25th May, 2023

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I feel like Leeds will lose as well. Not even in the blind optimism sense for us but just got a feeling they're going to be weighed down a bit by expectation and bottle it. They strike me as that sort of side.

21 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think that Leeds will win today. They’ve improved game by game, and after a narrow loss and a draw, I think today is the win. 

Yeah I agree, especially given West Ham played Thursday night and Moyes won't want his main players to potentially pick up any niggles due to fatigue given they've got a final in a few weeks.

A draw was the fair result.

It was one of those games yesterday where nothing was really going in our favour. The free kick Fulham had which they scored from felt soft and there was plenty of Fulham players winning free kicks by holding there face when there was minimal hip contact to disrupt our play. Harry Wilson in particular should be embarrassed of himself.

Mitrovic is one of the most frustrating forwards to play against. Off the ball he's vicious with very late hard tackles but on the ball he goes down with the faintest of contact. It's worth saying though that Willian is still a very good player.

As for us, we took our time to get in to the game but plugged away well to get the result. Edouard is a real confidence player as exemplified by his brilliant run and strike for the goal. I was delighted for Joel Ward whose really played his way in to a new contract since Roy Hodgson has returned to the club. He's shown an attacking impetus that we haven't seen from since Pardew was in charge.

Hopefully with some experienced additions we can push on to become a top half side next season. It does feel like an opportunity wasted given the decline we have seen of Leicester and West Ham but credit to Brentford and Fulham for taking advantage. The big difference is they have Toney and Mitrovic whilst we have Mateta/Ayew/Edouard rotating. Someone thats well connected with the club, who i do respect, reckons we were offered Olivier Giroud back in February/March as he wants to move back to London. I just wonder if that was his representatives way of flushing out interest from bigger London clubs given he could still do a bit part job for one of his former clubs or West Ham. 

• Subscriber

Strong team for West Ham at least. Would take a draw from this one to keep it in our hands.

Right now the club's fate is out of its hands though. An unacceptable state of affairs and a reminder that even if we get by and hold on to 17th place, the season has been an absolute disgrace and there should be daily protests outside Goodison Park and Finch Farm all summer until this board is removed root and stem.

Bill Kenwright has done this to Everton. Moshiri has been the owner throughout this seven year death spiral but Kenwright is the one who gave that lunatic the keys to the club because he put his own interests (being able to stay on as chairman) as a non-negotiable over any chance of the club being run in a competent manner. It's that simple.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Fulham players winning free kicks by holding there face when there was minimal hip contact to disrupt our play

They've done this all season. Terrible for it.

This performance from Leeds has been really disappointing. I expected them to continue with the pressure they showed early on, but as soon as they scored they’ve been second best. Unless they pull something from this I think they’ll drop.

Summerville just summed up how useless in front of goal they are. Why didn’t he just get the shot off, instead of pissing about. 

28 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Sterling guard of honour lol B| ..just play the reserves now, got 2 cup final's to rest for

Ortega

Lewis - Ake - Laporte - Gomez

Perrone - Phillip Foden

Mahrez - Alvarez - Palmer

Got most the team news right, just Walker and Akanji play for Perrone and Ake. guess Ake failed a fitness test

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Man City trying to gift Chelsea 11th here. Outrageous.

I did wonder if they would make some changes given they won it yesterday... good chance to rest a few players, knowing the performances we have put in recently it won't make any difference... 

That's Leeds done methinks. This was a great chance to get a result and they've blown it.

Must beat Spurs and hope Everton either lose or pump Spurs by 4 goals and Everton draw (Leeds stay up on goal difference).

Leicester's turn tomorrow, needing a win against Newcastle to stand a chance.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dan said:

I feel like Leeds will lose as well. Not even in the blind optimism sense for us but just got a feeling they're going to be weighed down a bit by expectation and bottle it. They strike me as that sort of side.

Yep. Impressively terrible from Leeds. I remarkably think they're even more done for than us.

It's in our hands now. We won't take advantage though, I'm pretty sure of that.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Leicester's turn tomorrow, needing a win against Newcastle to stand a chance.

Just now, Dan said:

It's in our hands now. We won't take advantage though, I'm pretty sure of that.

Yep, won't happen. Even if it wasn't relegation we were trying to avoid, we are just not doing anything productive or beneficial tomorrow, even though some results have gone our way. 

The same thing has happened for the past 4 or 5 weeks when teams we're battling against have been beaten. We've not taken advantage, not even once.

Tomorrow's game will be done by half-time.

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I did wonder if they would make some changes given they won it yesterday... good chance to rest a few players, knowing the performances we have put in recently it won't make any difference... 

You got a great chance to beat us today with that line up, Pep just said they didn't even bother with the pre game meeting xD they in party mode ha

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I just can't believe it's in our hands. Like honestly, what the fuck are you lot all actually doing? 

Been saying for weeks, should be 5 teams getting relegated this season. Forest may have just about pulled themselves out of that. 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Thankfully, we're far too shit for him to consider us.

Sadly we're not xD

I can see our owners going for him in the Championship. Embarrassing. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived