• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PES (and a bit of FIFA...)

football forum

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Start an Ultimate Team. For someone who loves building a team as much as you do I'm surprised you haven't played it. 

I never see you online Chris have you got a new account?

Nah still same account mate. I only really go on it at weekends though, usually in the morning and I can never be arsed at night through the week after work much.

We will have to have a game at some point mate.

Napoli are such a good team to use for career mode, and have a great default formation. The front 3 of Insigne, Mertens, Callejon are tearing everyone to pieces! I bought Javi Martinez to partner Koulibaly at centre back and Isco to play in front of Hamsik and Allan it's easily the most enjoyable career mode I've started to date.

Just a heads up for anyone interested: PES 2017 is £7.99 on the PSN store.

I enjoyed last year's game apart from the one deal breaker which was the goalkeepers - they're borderline spastic and that's why I couldn't justify paying full price for this version. At the very least, though, I figured it's worth a try for £8. Anyone else play it or are we all FIFA disciples?

5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Just a heads up for anyone interested: PES 2017 is £7.99 on the PSN store.

I enjoyed last year's game apart from the one deal breaker which was the goalkeepers - they're borderline spastic and that's why I couldn't justify paying full price for this version. At the very least, though, I figured it's worth a try for £8. Anyone else play it or are we all FIFA disciples?

Some of the keepers are too overpowered on fifa. You can play against someone who is United, have about 2,000 shots and score just 1 goal due to de Gea pulling out save after save, then you will go on and lose 2-1 even though your opponent has only had a couple of chances in comparison xD.

On 15/03/2017 at 7:39 PM, Cicero said:

Easily my favorite player in the game. Closely followed by Martial. 

Halilovic. I love playing with him in career mode and watch him grow into a beast. The only downside to him is that he doesn't have great stamina and isn't able to play 3 full games per week.

Another career mode flaw, big clubs fielding weaker players against smaller clubs. 

In my be a pro series, I took Ipswich town to the premier league in the first season. Now in my second, we are top of the table after 12 games, and when I come up against Chelsea, United, City, and Arsenal all back to back, each club fielded youth players, of which I comfortably beat. 

Why do that? Yes I'm in a small club, but I'm top of the fucking table. Just yet again defeats any enjoyment out of Career mode. 

football forum
29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Another career mode flaw, big clubs fielding weaker players against smaller clubs. 

In my be a pro series, I took Ipswich town to the premier league in the first season. Now in my second, we are top of the table after 12 games, and when I come up against Chelsea, United, City, and Arsenal all back to back, each club fielded youth players, of which I comfortably beat. 

Why do that? Yes I'm in a small club, but I'm top of the fucking table. Just yet again defeats any enjoyment out of Career mode. 

I've not encountered that per se but it always annoys me when I play the kids in the EFL Cup only for the likes of Chelsea or City to play their full first team.

Whenever I try to get into career mode I'm put off by the amount of flaws it has.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I've not encountered that per se but it always annoys me when I play the kids in the EFL Cup only for the likes of Chelsea or City to play their full first team.

Whenever I try to get into career mode I'm put off by the amount of flaws it has.

I've come across that too, they genuinely field their strongest eleven in all cup games.

Take a club from the championship for example and get them promoted. Guarantee you in the next season, regardless of your league position, Chelsea/United/City, etc will field a vastly weakened side. At one point I was 6 points clear with Chelsea in 2nd, when I came up against them, Solanke, Christensen in CM, Omerou, Kane, Loftus-Cheek, were all playing. 

Would you ever see that in real life? Don't think we fielded a weakened side against Leicester last season when they were top of the table. 

Just another flaw Career mode has yet to address, along with the bogus transfers, that takes out any realism from it, something us career mode fans love. 

Don't see myself playing either FIFA or PES for a long time. FIFA has been poor for about 5 years for me, EA's fanatic obsession with Ultimate Team has really killed any interest I've ever had in the game as they've failed to make any meaningful improvements to the game in years in favour of making easy money off microtransactions. In recent years being able to make 6 changes in friendly games and pre-season tournaments in career mode have been part of the marketing campaigns showing just how little innovation there is in the series. 

PES has gotten really good again but I won't be owning it any time soon as Konami don't give a shit about players on PC (recent PC releases have been Xbox 360 ports) and I'm not about to fork out for a console so I can play one game. For those of you playing on PS4 you can get all the licensed kits, badges etc. online and put them on your hard drive. It's a bit of effort but I'd say it's worth it for a better game experience :D

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

The stupid fat cunt wants to get over his hideous obese body and stop being a bellend twat. If he wants more money why not be honest about it and negotiate with Konami instead of being a cunt.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Batard said:

The stupid fat cunt wants to get over his hideous obese body and stop being a bellend twat. If he wants more money why not be honest about it and negotiate with Konami instead of being a cunt.

Im sure Konami would have paid him too. Is it just me or is that sprite looking a bit fat too?

For anyone playing ultimate team get one of the Alejandro Gómez in forms... He's just so... Godly.. his 84 rated first in form can be got for about 20k... Plays like messi but in cam/st position...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 30/04/2017 at 11:08 AM, Cannabis said:

Currently raping the Ultimate Team scene with this squad below. I'm quite pleased to be doing well with it considering it's not the over-spent, pay to win rainbow squads that you usually see. When defending I have seven defenders with Kante and Coutinho dropping back but attack with a solid three as Alli, Gray and Lukaku stay up top. I'd love to have a TOTW/POTM Romelu but he's just too expensive. 

cd340779d5fd89e4f36d4493dec791fd.png

Lukaku / Gray (IF)

Alli (IF)

Coutinho / Kante

Shaw / Bailly / Luiz / Mustafi (IF) / Bellerin

De Gea

Manager: Ronald Koeman

Nice team. Not used that formation for a long time it's different but I like the look of yours. 

Why are Manchester City and Real Madrid shite in career mode? Played a Chelsea career and City never finished inside the top 4 from the 3 seasons I played, and just finished my Bilbao career mode and Real finished 8th. 

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

They're shite on mine too, started the season floating around 7th before clawing back to 3rd. I've just played the El Clasico and was beating them 4-1 with 89 minutes on the clock, two scrappy goals made it more respectable at 4-3 for the final score but overall they were gash. 

Don't know if you have ever seen career mode in NBA 2K, but it is absolutely phenomenal. If FIFA were to emulate that, it would change the whole spectrum of FIFA

Hell, Fifa 09 to this day has the best career mode. 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I keep meaning to pick up 2K, I got back into basketball with NBA Live as it was free and was thinking about making the switch. What makes it so good? 

Unlike the mediocrity that was 'The Journey" in Fifa, you can create your own player in 2K. From a high school prodigy, to college, then the NBA. 

You can make choices that will ultimately determine your career. And the special features that go behind the whole mode is phenomenal. I'd suggest you watch some videos on YouTube on the game as I can't really give it justice by explaining it. 

I only just got a PS4 back in December, and to be honest FIFA 17 on PS4 is pure addiction haha. On the PS3 for the past couple years FIFA was beginning to get really stale, but now it feels so crisp and good, and the animation is amazing too. 

Archived