talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Granit Xhaka Signs for Bayer Leverkusen

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a great player for us. Extremely under appreciated. Could get another couple of years out of him so hope the situation changes.

The reported fee is another example of us being terrible at selling.

I like him because of the way he woke us up after Arsenal were battering us and suddenly we weren’t shit anymore.

I think this is a good thing for Arsenal though. He’s a good passer of the ball, but that’s about it.

• Administrator
On 17/05/2023 at 22:11, 6666 said:

Been a great player for us. Extremely under appreciated. Could get another couple of years out of him so hope the situation changes.

The reported fee is another example of us being terrible at selling.

Do some fans still harbour resentment against him for how he behaved a couple of seasons ago?

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Do some fans still harbour resentment against him for how he behaved a couple of seasons ago?

Fans are fickle. Things can be forgotten about pretty quickly. Especially when he wasn't really in the wrong when he reacted to fans being dickheads. The All Or Nothing series also showed that he's the main leader in the group. Has been great under Arteta from the start, and went up another level this season.

• The title was changed to Granit Xhaka Expected to Join Beyer Leverkusen
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Granit Xhaka Expected to Join Bayer Leverkusen
  • 5 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Granit Xhaka Signs for Bayer Leverkusen
  • The title was changed to Granit Xhaka Completes Transfer to Bayer Leverkusen

Interesting to see how Arteta replaces his influence. Felt he was very good in possession and retention which is an area I have question marks over Rice. Perhaps Jorginho but can't see him being anything more than a squad player. 

Was always an important player for us but took it up another level last season in a new role. An important player in the locker room as well and that'll be a hole that needs filling. Odegaard might've had the armband but Xhaka was still doing most of the leading. Can't believe after having our best league season in ages, we're gonna completely change our central midfield. Massive risk.

Good luck to him in Leverkusen. Hope he does well. €25m isn't the worst fee but not great either. I'd still have rather kept him for another couple of seasons.

Archived