• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui & Wolves Part Ways

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Big hit for Wolves as they were improving under him.

He'll easily get another job in this league if he wants it or if the opportunity arises. Wonder which manager will go in to them if he does leave though. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Broken record indeed, but he hasn’t half been shafted. No way would he have taken the job knowing they were going to lose so many key players and no money is being spent. Where the fuck has the Neves money gone? Is he getting none of that? 

Neves really has been their star player the last few years. I'm not sure Wolves could replace him particularly easily.

The club has spent lots in recent transfer windows. Dawson was already in to replace Coady. They spent lots on the likes of Cunha, Kalajdzic, Sarabia, Nunes & more besides. And Doherty is back on a free.

But always a very worrying sign when a side that just finished bottom half is apparently looking to tread water. They really are hoping a few of the names above start to perform like real team leaders.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

• Subscriber

Thought they look like they're already in for a difficult season. They could easily have been in the mix last season but got the new manager bounce at the right time. If the manager walks in protest you're looking at a potential crisis club.

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui & Wolves Part Ways
  • Subscriber

Been listening to a bit about this. It's all a bit Leicester of a year ago - though I think I'd have a bit more sympathy with Lopetegui as I don't think he was as big an orchestrator in the fact they have nothing to spend as much as Rodgers was for us (he bought a load of crap via his mate scout then threw his toys out claiming he hadn't been backed). It's probably better for Wolves that they part ways now, rather than 27 games in like we did.

They haven't kicked on in the slightest as a club. If they step up this year I think they're now quite firmly in bowl circling territory ala Southampton and will fall through the trap door in the next 2/3 years.