talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Mount Joins Manchester United

• The title was changed to Mason Mount - Man United Plan £55m Bid
  • Administrator
26 minutes ago, Rick said:

If we get Alexis Mac Allister, then there’s no point bringing in Mount. 

Yeah doesn't make sense. At least not for that value. You'll be getting the far better player too. 

15 minutes ago, Rick said:

They are very similar cm’s though, we need a Rice or Caicedo type. 

Depends if TAA inverted becomes a permanent thing. You'll have MacAllister and Mount playing between the lines. 

I would love to know what Chelsea are offering him on the wage front because it does not seem enough for him if these contract talks have still not been resolved?? It would be bizarre for him to leave us and not get at least the amount he wants at another club but if the rumours are true he is looking for parity with the likes of Sterling who is getting roughly £350K a week I couldn't see anybody else agreeing those terms with him?? 

What's he on about £80-90K a week currently? certainly worth doubling that for him and maybe throwing in some extra to bring him around the £200K mark. When you consider that Reece James is on around £250K a week you can see why he is pushing for a lot more than he is currently on but I suppose it depends on how much more he wants?? 

I hope he is not being unrealistic about it... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I hope he is not being unrealistic about it... 

I think he is. 

No disrespect to United, but if that is his preference I can't help but feel its money motivated. Liverpool is tailored for him. 

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think he is. 

No disrespect to United, but if that is his preference I can't help but feel its money motivated. Liverpool is tailored for him. 

Haha!

Honestly the disrespect is absolutely insane towards United. We're on the verge of qualifying for the Champions league, we've just broken our trophy drought and were a side slowly going in the right direction.

And guess what else.......

Drum roll

We are Manchester United. Players want to play for Manchester United because we are the biggest club in England. 

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Devil said:

One of those players you just can't get excited about. Is a big enough upgrade on what we have already?

I'm not sure he is at that price.

11 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

An upgrade on what we have, but we need to be in for better players than Mount.  Plus 55 million is way too much.

Agreed. It's very expensive, but I guess Chelsea have an element of power here given how much Mount's stock has risen under them.

£55m is big. But I guess it also depends on just how much money Man Utd have to spend. In relative terms, £55m is small-fry if they're planning on spending upwards of £150-200m.

Surely got to mean the end of Fred or Mctominey.

I've been critical of Mount over the last few years so he'd going to have to win me over. I just think he's not a huge improvement on what we have.

• The title was changed to Mason Mount Agrees Terms With Manchester United
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm a little surprised because I reckon Pochettino would have developed him in to a real tidy player. Maybe he's just had enough of the Boehly circus.

I'd respect that if he wasn't poor himself the past 18 months. Again, he is eerily going down a similar route as Oscar in terms of stagnation. 

Really curious to see how ten Hag utilises him. His best football came as an inside forward. 

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think so as well! 

Sure he had a down season but he is young still and an academy graduate. Chelsea have a long history of letting players go too early, Rice, Abraham, de Bruyne, Lukaku, Salah. It’s so embarrassing if they had any sort of patience they could easily field a starting XI just from recent academy graduates in the last five years. They had a bit of a golden generation just not happen.

• The title was changed to Mason Mount Joining Manchester United
  • The title was changed to Mason Mount Joins Manchester United