talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Declan Rice Signs for Arsenal

• Subscriber

Arsenal's been the main team sniffing around by most accounts but apparently we've emerged as a possibility. I brushed it aside originally as I figured theres no chance we'd pay the asking price but this new's is something. Plettenberg has been pretty on the money for us. Tbh hes the perfect kind of player for what we need in midfield, would free up Kimmich to play more as an 8. We'll see how this moves along as we stlll need a striker as well. Kolo Muani seems to be the top rumour but thats still early.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On one hand, it'd be interesting to see him go to a different league. Not something that high value English players do very often. Either because the money's in the Premier League or because they don't like the idea of settling into a new country. But I'd still prefer Bayern to stay away from this deal. Unless it looks like we're losing out to a rival Premier League club.

18 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I still doubt this falls our way given everything 6666 says as well. But why do you say that out of curiosity?

I feel like Bayern is always a year or two late on the transfers, they spend huge on players they could have bought two years earlier, or they get players they don’t need. Of course they pull of great transfers like Kimmich, Lewandowski, Gnabry, Goretzka, but they also have questionable transfers like Sane, Hernandez, de Ligt, Mane, Upamecano, Pavard, Roca, Sule, Tolisso, Nianzou, Sabitzer, good players don’t get me wrong but it makes me wonder if they are the ‘right transfers’. I kinda feel they overbuy and have a rotating door of players, a lot of the time I think to myself ‘why are they buying him?’.

Why buy Rice when they have Kimmich? An 80,000,000 rotation is silly

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I feel like Bayern is always a year or two late on the transfers, they spend huge on players they could have bought two years earlier, or they get players they don’t need. Of course they pull of great transfers like Kimmich, Lewandowski, Gnabry, Goretzka, but they also have questionable transfers like Sane, Hernandez, de Ligt, Mane, Upamecano, Pavard, Roca, Sule, Tolisso, Nianzou, Sabitzer, good players don’t get me wrong but it makes me wonder if they are the ‘right transfers’. I kinda feel they overbuy and have a rotating door of players, a lot of the time I think to myself ‘why are they buying him?’.

Why buy Rice when they have Kimmich? An 80,000,000 rotation is silly

The idea of this one being that Kimmich isnt really a 6, Rice would be a starter. Bumping Kimmich into a double pivot with more freedom or playing as an 8 which hes more or less been doing anyways to the detriment of our defence. We can debate the rest of the transfers and we're kind of 50/50 on alot of the transfer you listed, Id even throw Gravenberch into that list as well. The odd part is even the players that didnt clearly have a role or playing time we mostly made a profit off of. Ill defend the De Ligt transfer to the moon as hes been our best CB this season by a god damn mile and one of the only bright spots on this season as a whole. Hernandez just cant stay healthy, I do hope he extends as I want to see him on as a starter pairing with De Ligt. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

The idea of this one being that Kimmich isnt really a 6, Rice would be a starter. Bumping Kimmich into a double pivot with more freedom or playing as an 8 which hes more or less been doing anyways to the detriment of our defence. We can debate the rest of the transfers and we're kind of 50/50 on alot of the transfer you listed, Id even throw Gravenberch into that list as well. The odd part is even the players that didnt clearly have a role or playing time we mostly made a profit off of. Ill defend the De Ligt transfer to the moon as hes been our best CB this season by a god damn mile and one of the only bright spots on this season as a whole. Hernandez just cant stay healthy, I do hope he extends as I want to see him on as a starter pairing with De Ligt. 

This is exactly what I mean, Bayern has spent half a billion on defenders and they need to spend another 100,000,000 on a midfielder to help the defence!

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Spike said:

This is exactly what I mean, Bayern has spent half a billion on defenders and they need to spend another 100,000,000 on a midfielder to help the defence!

It is kinda funny that seems to be the area we've constantly spent on. Balance seems to be hard to put together for some reason and short lived when it has been found.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Pretty simple choice if you’re Rice surely? Join Arsenal and you may win the league, join Bayern and you will win the Bundesliga and possibly the Champions League too.

But can a Deano learn German? 

• Subscriber

Couple English pundits have chimed in they dont see him leaving England either etc. Still probably most likely this doesnt happen, Plettenberg's been tier 1 for us for a little here bit though so gives me some optimism maybe. Either way it sounds like Rice wont make a decision until that final match.

• Subscriber
On 09/06/2023 at 16:48, Cicero said:

Bayern now linked with Amrabat. 

Couldn’t afford rice now settling for cous cous. 

I mean I kinda doubted that he would leave London the entire time but we'll see its not over yet. Id still love it happen but it is a ridiculous price and thats a large part of the reason English talent stays in England. Id also be perfectly fine with Amrabat anyways but hes also been extensively linked with Barca it seems. Idk where we go if neither pans out, it definitely seems like where hot after a 6. 

• The title was changed to Declan Rice Signs for Arsenal

Archived