talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Features Would You Like to See in Football Manager 2024?

Football Manager 2023 was the first time I really noticed a see of change online in regards to how people perceived the game. I know there's an always been an under current of people that have always been dismayed at the quality of the graphics and I don't think it's helped the franchise that Miles is a little bit of an odd ball. But I think people have hit a point where they're getting annoyed at the lack of major changes. So what changes would you like to see made for the new game?

Here's the ones I liked to see...

Newgen Faces - They're absolutely woeful to the point where it's borderline hilarious. Sixteen year old kids looking like a 40 year old man. Several world class players sporting the bushy monobrow. Jimmy McHeggarty being being black with a giant afro. Given we have mods where you can incorpoarate the Fifa regen and 'this person doesn't exist' faces in to the game I don't see why FM can't make a big effort to incorporate something similar.

Director of Football Mode - This should be fairly easy, have a director of football mode where you can hire/fire the manager. I think it will be more popular than the draft mode and online mode.

Set Pieces Need a Revamp - They should incorporate something similar to 'set piece takes' when you can select a preference on who stands where for corners/free kicks. It's a ball ache having to look at set pieces every game because the tallest players in your team change on rotation. Or alternatively introduce 'set piece coaches' who will look at the strength and weaknesses of your opposition and advise you (or do it themselves) on the most appropriate set pieces for each match. Either way the game should acknowledge I don't want my 5 ft 8 DM doing the same thing as my 6 ft 2 DM.

Obviously the big stickler is the match engine, which is understandable as whilst it flows better than 10+ years ago, the actual graphics quality is pretty much the same. However i'd hold off on that for another year. Firstly to give them more time to produce something of a higher quality (i refuse to believe they haven't been working on something in the background) and secondly I don't think they'd improve the quality of regens and match engine in the same year and the regen faces annoy me more.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The graphics don't bother me at all either. The whole concept of the matchday stuff is that you're watching it on a tablet and managing from there anyway so it's unlikely as a manager you'd be given a live feed of a match.

For me, I think it would be interesting to have some sort of AI system for pre-match and post-match interviews so that it's not the same questions and responses. You give a response, AI generates follow up questions based on the match.

• Subscriber

It comes to this thread and I can never think, even though I guarantee there'll be loads of things I think of while I'm actually playing the game.

Newgen faces - never actually done this but I like that Zealand idea where you incorporate real faces of athletes of the same nationality and it just assigns them to the player.

Something else I thought of... in possession and out of possession tactics. When you consider the different roles players like Trent and John Stones have been playing very effectively in the second half of the season based on if there side has the ball or not, I think this is becoming more important.

Football Manager felt like they had a pretty complete game during covid but with the way football has evolved I'm hoping to see more improvements than 'speak to an agent and they'll you what you used to get your scout to do'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 25/05/2023 at 16:20, Dan said:

It comes to this thread and I can never think, even though I guarantee there'll be loads of things I think of while I'm actually playing the game.

Newgen faces - never actually done this but I like that Zealand idea where you incorporate real faces of athletes of the same nationality and it just assigns them to the player.

Had a really random one yesterday but this is more a correction rather than a new feature. I've signed some Israeli youngster, then just so happened to want another Israeli player too about a week later, and one of his demands to join us is "bring player to help settle" - so I have to sign a third Israeli? It should count the fact we already have one.

Archived