Crystal Palace vs Nottm Forest
Everton vs Bournemouth (Live on Sky)
Leeds vs Tottenham (Live on BT Sport)
Leicester vs West Ham (Live on Sky)
Man Utd vs Fulham
Southampton vs Liverpool

image.png

Champions League/Europa League (to be updated after tonight):
- If Man Utd draw/win today they confirm a top 4 place, but also prevent Liverpool from getting Champions League. Even if Chelsea, win, they'll have another chance on Sunday to secure top 4.
- Liverpool have to beat Southampton & hope Man Utd lose both games in order to get top 4

Europa Conference League:
- Aston Villa just have to match Tottenham & Brentford results to secure a place in the Europa Conference League
- Tottenham have to draw and hope Villa lose & Brentford don't win to get to 7th
- Brentford have to win and hope Villa & Spurs draw/lose to get to 7th. 

To survive:
Everton - win keeps them safe. Or a draw and Leicester/Leeds both not winning
Leicester - win and an Everton draw/loss
Leeds - win by 3+ goals and Everton drawing & Leicester drawing/losing, or win and Everton & Leicester both lose. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 25/05/2023 at 19:03, RandoEFC said:

Bookies have us as like 2/5 or 1/2 odds on to win. I think they haven't seen that Calvert-Lewin is all but ruled out of the game as well as Patterson leaving us with no right-backs.

I find the pricing mental. I'd be all over you to drop points if I didn't have such a horse in the race. But then to be honest they've done exactly the same with us. I think it's quite likely all three of us blow it - likelier than all three winning anyway.

• Subscriber

We really should get it done tomorrow but just in case we don't, I'm going to warn any Liverpool lot who think it's funny to see Everton go down that you'll need to give it at least 48 hours or so to start taking the piss if you expect there to be any chance of it being taken in good sport.

I don't want any of this "well the Blueshites in my WhatsApp group laughed when we lost the Champions League final so it's fair game". Relegation is not the same as losing one of the 20-odd cup finals you've seen your team contest in your lifetime. This defence is akin to taking the piss out of your mate because his dog died and defending it by saying "well you laughed at me last weekend when I blew that £20 on the slot machine down the pub".

Just getting in there not to stifle healthy banter but in an attempt to keep things civil xD.

• Administrator

@RandoEFC how nervous are you? 

I've been thinking today how I'll feel tomorrow and I can't comprehend how big it is for the club. Both of our clubs. Gonna be a nervous wreck tomorrow. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

@RandoEFC how nervous are you? 

I've been thinking today how I'll feel tomorrow and I can't comprehend how big it is for the club. Both of our clubs. Gonna be a nervous wreck tomorrow. 

Nervous isn't how I'd describe it. I don't know if it's because I feel just about confident enough that we *should* get over the line or whether I've just accepted that if we manage to get relegated from the position we're in ahead of tomorrow then frankly we deserve it.

I also think it'll feel like there's more at stake for Leicester. This relegation battle feels more like a one-off for you, just like it did for us last season. You can probably convince yourself that if you get out of it, there's a decent chance you'll at least be safely mid table next season. For me, there's not as much relief to be had from survival because Everton have proved that they don't learn their lessons and we will just have to go through it again next season more likely than not. Just a theory of course.

• Subscriber

I'm not all that nervous because the pressure is sort of off us, we have in my head, already kind of fucked it.

If we go ahead and Everton behind though, then my god I'm going to be an absolute wreck. I was bad enough at that play-off final earlier.

I do think Coventry losing has made this 'slightly' better. It shouldn't matter that much but the idea that they could go from League Two while we were in the Champions League to passing us in just six years. I mean this season has been depressing enough but that would've added insult to injury. At least the absolute worst of all time scenario is off the table. Absolutely pathetic that I'm reduced to that, but that's where we are.

I really do think there's a good chance all three teams flunk it. There's a reason we're all down there with such abysmal records. I mean Everton if they were to lose this game but survive would actually break the Premier League record for the worst points tally of a survivor, the existing record is 34.

It's been a truly horrible, miserable season throughout. We may get lucky tomorrow. But even if we do, we need substantial changes at this club. This has been one of the most spectacular squanders in years. People would've laughed at the idea we could go down in the summer.

We need to do something we never do and score early to really put Everton under pressure. The problem with this strategy however is we are currently on the Premier League record for longest run of games gone 0-1 down at home in in a row - with 12. The fact we could survive despite this is remarkable in itself.

Leed's result is irrelevant to us. That's the only situation between the three teams where this is the case. I don't know if this counts for anything. Probably not. I suppose the only thing that benefits us is that we know that only a win will be enough. While Everton could potentially be put into a scenario where a draw saves them and a loss doesn't - they'll potentially be presented with dilemmas during the game that we simply won't.

I have no faith in this team. I had mentally clocked out after the Fulham game and just wanted it over. Now we're somehow only two non-implausible results from actually doing it. But in my head I still fully expect us to go down.

What will be will be. See you all on the other side.

• Subscriber

There will be more interest in who stays up and who goes down in these set of fixtures, all I will say is that United's match against Fulham, blunderbuss Maguire will get a game and more than likely play a blinder and the headlines will read that he has been reborn. :coffee:

United 3-0 Fulham.

8 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

There will be more interest in who stays up and who goes down in these set of fixtures, all I will say is that United's match against Fulham, blunderbuss Maguire will get a game and more than likely play a blinder and the headlines will read that he has been reborn. :coffee:

United 3-0 Fulham.

I doubt it, he has no motivation but his nest egg at man United.   nobody will come close to the 20m man United owe him, a 31 year old with no upside and getting slower.   the only way you get rid of him is on a free fee and pay the other club part or all of his remaining 2 years, that is the only way he goes.  It's not a bad idea either to free up a roster cancer.   

West Ham may be willing to work a deal like that to take the player off your roster for compensation in the form of being able to pay him what he wants.  Harry Maguire is in the cat bird seat, either you terminate his contract early in which case he is owed 2 years plus 50% of his buyout making it around 25m or pay another team to take him off your payroll.

Howe's final presser he says the team over achieved and will need to do the same next season to repeat.   man United and Liverpool are going to spunk astronomical money to improve, Arsenal will be up their and so fill City.   Spuds and chel$ea are unknowns

• Administrator

On the way home yesterday I saw a numberplate 

LC21 FML. 

To me, that's saying we'll win, but fuck my life so will Everton. 

But if an Everton fan sees that, maybe they see we win and it's fuck their lives. 

Ah I can't cope with these meaningless omens. 

I can't see anything other than an Everton win unfortunately. Bournemouth are safe and have nothing to play for, and while we can say the same for West Ham, Bournemouth are simply not as strong as West Ham.

Not sure which of the three to watch really. Probably will be Everton.

Some time ago when Newcastle got taken over I made a light hearted post about how outrageous it was they had such riches and would steal one of our regular top 4 slots and fuck me if we don't find ourselves dumped out on our arse and replaced by them at the first time of asking... xD

Pleased for Newcastle fans though.. must be great to be on such a high after watching such crap under Ashley for so long.. 

25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Some time ago when Newcastle got taken over I made a light hearted post about how outrageous it was they had such riches and would steal one of our regular top 4 slots and fuck me if we don't find ourselves dumped out on our arse and replaced by them at the first time of asking... xD

Pleased for Newcastle fans though.. must be great to be on such a high after watching such crap under Ashley for so long.. 

It's not money that did it, it is you lot making signings like this :ph34r:

Whoever stays up out of Everton and Leicester, I will feel a tad envious of today because in truth, neither deserve it as much as us, but one club is going to get away with trouble big time.

In a weird way, if Everton do fuck it at home and Leicester stay up, it'll actually piss me off more because in retrospect, we could easily have just got a point last week at West Ham and then won today and survived. So many chances to escape looking back and we failed everytime.

I got this feeling it's going to be a slog for Everton with no Calvert-Lewin and I feel Leicester will come out the traps early. The pressure at Goodison if its 0-0 HT and Leicester are 2-0 up will be big. I just wonder if Bournemouth score once that its going to be tough for Everton to get two.

We aren't really in the equation. Not one person has tipped us which says it all and to be totally frank, we accepted it last week. In some ways it will feel easier to take if Spurs beat us today.

To be totally frank, I think we'll leave so many glaring spaces anyway going for it that Spurs will exploit it anyway.

Son, Kane and Kulusevski to run riot.

Leeds 2-3 Spurs

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devil said:

They are giving it the big one on Sky like there is a relegation battle. Its well over, the three sat a the bottom are down.

They have to build it up somehow xD

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Devil said:

They are giving it the big one on Sky like there is a relegation battle. Its well over, the three sat a the bottom are down.

I don't see how Leeds can really get out of it today. Basically need us to lose and Leicester not to win and beat Spurs, an unlikely combination even if those are individually inconceivable.

Leicester could possibly sneak out. All they need to do is win and hope that we don't. Admittedly they can't take a win for granted because they're not great themselves and West Ham look like they've put a strong team out. Certainly not that unlikely that Everton will fail to win.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

On the way home yesterday I saw a numberplate 

LC21 FML. 

To me, that's saying we'll win, but fuck my life so will Everton. 

But if an Everton fan sees that, maybe they see we win and it's fuck their lives. 

Ah I can't cope with these meaningless omens. 

I saw a number plate MUFC 07 WP,  it was a few days after Liverpool beat them 7-0

• Subscriber

Dyche has brought Coady back in to a back three and Gray up front. Iwobi and McNeil in the wing back areas. I don't know what else he could have done really with all of our actual full backs injured and Calvert-Lewin.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived