talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fabio Carvalho - Liverpool to RB Leipzig Loan

Jurgen Klopp:

"There's a possibility maybe Fabio Carvalho will go on loan. This might not have been the best year in his career but it might be his most important. No body has impressed me more than him. His work ethic will give him a fantastic career. His reactions in a row, I've never seen before. Unbelievable. 

"Apart from that, there's no plans of you go there, you go there. We want to keep them, if we can give them the opportunity to play because they have the quality. The next generation after that we have to see.

"Connor Bradley, I got the feeling he grew. Luke Chambers coming back. Other boys coming back. Tyler Morton. The pre-season will start and then we'll make these kind of decisions."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/05/2023 at 15:47, Lucas said:

Would 100% love us to take him in the Championship. Play him in the 10 role and let him run wild.

I think if we're loaning him out, we probably want him to go to a club that won't play him as a #10 because our system doesn't really use a traditional 10. I think that's been part of why he's gotten less time than he would have liked on the pitch this season. Although I think considering how 3/4ths of our season was a trainwreck... I'm not sure how much time on the pitch he could have really expected beyond what he got. It's a tough thing to throw a kid into a side struggling at the basics and expecting him to shine.

Not that I think he's a bad player, far from it - he's shown flashes of brilliance that demonstrate the huge potential he has. But he's easily muscled off the ball and his natural role doesn't really exist in the system we play - a bit like Harvey Elliott tbh, but Elliott's done more adapting to our system (but he's had more time to learn that system, as well).

Loan or selling with a buy-back option seems best for all parties. He wants game time and he needs it to develop and fulfill his potential. We clearly think he's a talent worth developing and keeping, so I think a loan's more ideal for us - it gives us more control over his development.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think if we're loaning him out, we probably want him to go to a club that won't play him as a #10 because our system doesn't really use a traditional 10. I think that's been part of why he's gotten less time than he would have liked on the pitch this season. Although I think considering how 3/4ths of our season was a trainwreck... I'm not sure how much time on the pitch he could have really expected beyond what he got. It's a tough thing to throw a kid into a side struggling at the basics and expecting him to shine.

Not that I think he's a bad player, far from it - he's shown flashes of brilliance that demonstrate the huge potential he has. But he's easily muscled off the ball and his natural role doesn't really exist in the system we play - a bit like Harvey Elliott tbh, but Elliott's done more adapting to our system (but he's had more time to learn that system, as well).

Loan or selling with a buy-back option seems best for all parties. He wants game time and he needs it to develop and fulfill his potential. We clearly think he's a talent worth developing and keeping, so I think a loan's more ideal for us - it gives us more control over his development.

Well in hindsight to be totally honest, if clubs like Leipzig are coming in for him, we've absolutely no chance on that one.

I should imagine Liverpool's preference would be a loan at Premier League level or the equivalent in Europe.

I massively rate him but as you said, I don't think he's going to fit into your side's shape, you certainly aren't going to maximise his potentiao that way unless he adapts his game.

Would be a class signing for a team like De Zerbi's Brighton tbh playing centrally in the three positions behind the striker or either side.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good move for him. They wanted to buy to start with so we can assume he is going to get a decent amount of minutes. They have European football, so it’ll be. Good test rather than sending him to some relegation threatened side.