• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Reveal 13-Person Panel To Assess Diving

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, robosys said:

And yet, Neymar and Suarez are allowed to go on doing what they do :|

Different league. I would like to see it uniformly applied as a FIFA rule, but strangely a lot of other countries football culture don't frown on diving like Brits do. Italians and South Americans (generally) think it's smart to con the referee - wouldn't be surprised if Spain is similar. I'm sure Sir Balon can verify for us.

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Different league. I would like to see it uniformly applied as a FIFA rule, but strangely a lot of other countries football culture don't frown on diving like Brits do. Italians and South Americans (generally) think it's smart to con the referee - wouldn't be surprised if Spain is similar. I'm sure Sir Balon can verify for us.

Where is Captain? :D

• Administrator

13-person panel chosen to review diving decisions...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40831719

BBC Sport pundits Danny Murphy and Trevor Sinclair are among the 13 former players, managers and officials who will review alleged dives in English football during 2017-18.

Former England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis is the only woman included in the Football Association pool.

A three-person panel - chosen from the 13 - will review footage each Monday to look for cases of simulation.

Players unanimously found guilty will be banned under new rules.

This will only occur in cases where the offending player's team has been awarded a penalty or if an opponent has been sent-off where the act of "deception" led to the dismissal.

The FA says it will act "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived".

Each week's panel, who will also consider cases of feigning injury, will consist of one former player, one former manager and one former match official.

Who is in the 13-person pool?

Former players/managers:

• Nigel Adkins - former Southampton and Reading boss
  • Rachel Brown-Finnis - former England goalkeeper and BBC Radio 5 live pundit
  • Terry Butcher - former England and Ipswich defender
  • Lee Dixon - former Arsenal and England full-back
  • Alex McLeish - former Aberdeen defender and ex-Scotland manager
  • Danny Murphy - former Liverpool and England midfielder
  • Chris Powell - former Charlton and Huddersfield boss
  • Trevor Sinclair - former West Ham United and England winger

Former match officials:

• Keren Barratt
  • Steve Dunn
  • Mike Mullarkey
  • Alan Wiley
  • Eddie Wolstenhome

Former Premier League referee Howard Webb has backed the introduction of retrospective bans for simulation.

Speaking in December, Burnley manager Sean Dyche said he thought diving would be eradicated from football "in six months" if retrospective bans were enforced.

• The title was changed to FA Reveal 13-Person Panel To Assess Diving
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I'm just glad Michael Owen isn't on there

gonna miss out on pearls like 'there was no contact there but I don't think he's dived' 

20 hours ago, Cannabis said:

It'll be a 13 person panel but let's not forget that a few of them will be from an ''ethnic minority'' or from a ''culturally diverse background'' in order to make it fantastically PC for the snowflakes out there. 

Ironically, Chris Powell is one of the best names on that list. 

28 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Is it going to be based on a majority vote or everybody has to rule in favour?

I agree on the punditry thing. Danny Murphy is on the radio so much you'd figure out what he's voted every day.

The three person panel has to vote unanimously for a ban to be given.

• Subscriber

What an odd number that 13. That just affords zero discord between the judges because its an odd number not an even one. Should have been 12 and then watch them properly debate whether something is a player offense.

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What an odd number that 13. That just affords zero discord between the judges because its an odd number not an even one. Should have been 12 and then watch them properly debate whether something is a player offense.

It's only 3 that will decide from the pool of 13 people each week.

Archived