💰 Career transfer spend:

Pochettino – £232m
Klopp – £284m
Conte – £440m
Wenger – £732m
Guardiola – £850m
Mourinho – £1.23 BILLION

Couple of chequebook managers stand out there :coffee:

You could've just added that to the thread about Guardiola being the billion Euro man. :ph34r:

The only thing that stands out there mate is that those that spend most have been most successful in terms of winning trophies which is natural.

But on average the others have maybe performed better on an average ratio compared to what's been spent.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Not at the time, for example Liverpool FC xD:rofl:

The calculations are made over the course of their careers, not just at their current clubs. 

Mourinho is nothing but a chequebook manager, a bus building expert. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The calculations are made over the course of their careers, not just at their current clubs. 

So if Klopp managed Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United he'd do the noble thing and keep signing Southampton players?

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

So if Klopp managed Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United he'd do the noble thing and keep signing Southampton players?

But he hasn't managed those clubs or clubs of those types because he's not interested in those types of projects. He's said numerous times that he's more interested in building teams, signing young players and developing them and to be fair he's done a great job so far in his career at doing just that.

Not all good managers have to be at the richest clubs. 

Anyway, this isn't a thread about just Klopp, it's simply a comparison of what all the top managers in this league have spent throughout their careers. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

But he hasn't managed those clubs or clubs of those types because he's not interested in those types of projects. He's said numerous times that he's more interested in building teams, signing young players and developing them and to be fair he's done a great job so far in his career at doing just that.

xD

25 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Apart from the 'success in failure', it's not as if Mourinho has been at the top a lot longer than the other Managers or anything.

It's almost twice Wenger's in not even half as much time. 

When you consider how boring Mourinho-ball is, I think it's a pretty shocking sum.

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

*trophy winning expert. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Fucking hell are you two brothers xD

It's funny because you said something Klopp said and they're laughing like you're an idiot because you said the best managers don't have to be at the richest clubs. I'd argue we are a rich club though, just not an oil barron plaything & we don't have quite the same glory hunting cash cow fanbase United have (we're close, but they have like 1/3 of China and so many Americans love them).

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's almost twice Wenger's in not even half as much time. 

When you consider how boring Mourinho-ball is, I think it's a pretty shocking sum.

It's been mentioned time after time after time how Wenger was not in a position to spend big on signings when Arsenal moved to a new stadium.

During that time Mourinho has Managed Chelsea whose resources were far superior to anybody else and Real Madrid. Not forgetting he won the Champions League with Inter. He is now in charge of a team that are desperate to show they're the biggest club in the world.

What do people honestly expect him to do? 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's funny because you said something Klopp said and they're laughing like you're an idiot because you said the best managers don't have to be at the richest clubs. I'd argue we are a rich club though, just not an oil barron plaything & we don't have quite the same glory hunting cash cow fanbase United have (we're close, but they have like 1/3 of China and so many Americans love them).

I just knew the minute I hit 'post' that this would become a Klopp bashing/Mourinho wankfest, just because he it's me who posted it xD

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm laughing because if anybody honestly thinks that Jurgen Klopp would have turned down Managing Chelsea in 2004 a year after Roman Abrahmovich took over and Real Madrid a year after they assembled a team with Ronaldo, Kaka and Alonso then yes they are an idiot.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just knew the minute I hit 'post' that this would become a Klopp bashing/Mourinho wankfest, just because he it's me who posted it xD

It's not a Mourinho wankfest or a Klopp wankfest. It's a pointless topic that serves no purpose. Of course Mourinho is going to spend more money than anybody else because of the position he finds himself in.

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

It's not a Mourinho wankfest or a Klopp wankfest. It's a pointless topic that serves no purpose. Of course Mourinho is going to spend more money than anybody else because of the position he finds himself in.

It's not just about the position he finds himself in now, it's a pattern that's emerged. He outspends everyone... consistently. 

And if you find this such a pointless topic, don't post in it :what:

2 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

It's been mentioned time after time after time how Wenger was not in a position to spend big on signings when Arsenal moved to a new stadium.

During that time Mourinho has Managed Chelsea whose resources were far superior to anybody else and Real Madrid. Not forgetting he won the Champions League with Inter. He is now in charge of a team that are desperate to show they're the biggest club in the world.

What do people honestly expect him to do? 

Rich clubs spend money, sure. And he's been successful, no doubt. But he's not entertaining and always seems to leave clubs in a hurry & in a worse state than what you would expect. People talk about him like he's Alex Ferguson or Ancelotti - I think he's a good defensive manager with a track record, but he'll always spend big and leave a club worn out in a few years. Let's see if he can shake that reputation.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Where's Ancelotti and Benítez on that list!

I'd like to know what they've spent because we all know what they've won as coaches.

I think Ancelotti is the best manager around. I'd be interested to see his spending as well.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Or maybe Vicente del Bosque who won 2 Champions Leagues, 1 La Liga, 1 World Cup and 1 European Championship.  How much did he spend?

Spent 0 to win the world cup and Euros! Transfer market wizard lol.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Ancelotti is the best manager around. I'd be interested to see his spending as well.

I've also said this in the past...  He's the best real coach on average although I don't have the stats to prove this.  I'd like to see all the stats put out there because otherwise there's too much missing.

6 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm laughing because if anybody honestly thinks that Jurgen Klopp would have turned down Managing Chelsea in 2004 a year after Roman Abrahmovich took over and Real Madrid a year after they assembled a team with Ronaldo, Kaka and Alonso then yes they are an idiot.

It's not me who said he wouldn't take a job on at a club you mention, it was Klopp himself! He's said numerous times that those types of projects don't interest him. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Spent 0 to win the world cup and Euros! Transfer market wizard lol.

I know...  But he's been very successful and if memory serves me right he didn't spend much as Madrid coach because the Galacticos were already setup when he arrived.  What's for sure is that anything that arrived wasn't signed by him...  But...

Archived