talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Biggest Spending Managers

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I've also said this in the past...  He's the best real coach on average although I don't have the stats to prove this.  I'd like to see all the stats put out there because otherwise there's too much missing.

It's the Premiere League section mate. Ancelotti isn't a Premiere League Manager. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's the Premiere League section mate. Ancelotti isn't a Premiere League Manager. 

Also another thing mate...  If it's only about the Premier League...  I hope it's only moneys spent while coaching in the Premier League for each coach.

Just now, SirBalon said:

He was though.

What about Rafa Benítez?

To be fair it wasn't me that put these stats together, it was something a just came across. I'm assuming it was done to show each managers spending that have ended up at the top clubs in the Premiere League. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Also another thing mate...  If it's only about the Premier League...  I hope it's only moneys spent while coaching in the Premier League for each coach.

Jesus Christ Balon, don't take it so seriously xD

47 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

But he hasn't managed those clubs or clubs of those types because he's not interested in those types of projects. He's said numerous times that he's more interested in building teams, signing young players and developing them and to be fair he's done a great job so far in his career at doing just that.

Not all good managers have to be at the richest clubs. 

Anyway, this isn't a thread about just Klopp, it's simply a comparison of what all the top managers in this league have spent throughout their careers. 

What did I just read? do you have a quote or something from Klopp showing when he said that? He should stick to managing a division 2 team in football manager if those are really his aspirations, nobody remembers the team builder or whatever that means, only those that win the biggest of trophies with their philosophy and Van Gaal, Crryuff etc did that but I am yet to see anything from Klopp bar the bundesliga he won few years back :coffee:

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rich clubs spend money, sure. And he's been successful, no doubt. But he's not entertaining and always seems to leave clubs in a hurry & in a worse state than what you would expect. People talk about him like he's Alex Ferguson or Ancelotti - I think he's a good defensive manager with a track record, but he'll always spend big and leave a club worn out in a few years. Let's see if he can shake that reputation.

But But he can change can't he?

12 minutes ago, robosys said:

What did I just read? do you have a quote or something from Klopp showing when he said that? He should stick to managing a division 2 team in football manager if those are really his aspirations, nobody remembers the team builder or whatever that means, only those that win the biggest of trophies with their philosophy and Van Gaal, Crryuff etc did that but I am yet to see anything from Klopp bar the bundesliga he won few years back :coffee:

2 Bundesliga titles back to back when up against Bayern, plus a German Cup and a Champions League Final and a Champions League Semi-Final then a Europa Final. 

Im not saying he's the best manager in the world but personally, I wouldn't swap him for any other manager out there, he suits us perfectly.

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

Funny read this thread.

Just imagine Jose total if Claudio Ranieri hadnt built most of the Chelsea squad before Jose turned up in 2004.

Apparently it's not his fault, it's because it's the situation he keeps finding himself in :what:

26 minutes ago, robosys said:

But But he can change can't he?

Of course he can. If he has a stable long term tenure at a club, that would be a big boost to his reputation. And if he could play attractive football with the ridiculously expensive squads he assembles, that would be an even bigger one.

People talk about Mourinho as though he's as good as Ancelloti or Alex Ferguson, but I don't think he comes close to Ancelotti and is miles and miles and miles away from Ferguson.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

2 Bundesliga titles back to back when up against Bayern, plus a German Cup and a Champions League Final and a Champions League Semi-Final then a Europa Final. 

Im not saying he's the best manager in the world but personally, I wouldn't swap him for any other manager out there, he suits us perfectly.

Damn, judging by your logic, Wenger is the best coach to have ever grazed the world of football... finals don't cut it, nobody cares if you've been to multiple finals, that's just getting half way and I can guarantee you if he does nothing with Liverpool this coming season then all the awesome style of  play andgh pressing football will get him kicked out.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Of course he can. If he has a stable long term tenure at a club, that would be a big boost to his reputation. And if he could play attractive football with the ridiculously expensive squads he assembles, that would be an even bigger one.

People talk about Mourinho as though he's as good as Ancelloti or Alex Ferguson, but I don't think he comes close to Ancelotti and is miles and miles and miles away from Ferguson.

Sorry mate but Ancelotti is only better than Mou when it comes to man management, I would say they are pretty on par when it comes to getting the job done as a coach.... Mou played beautiful one touch football at Real Madrid but nobody remembers that and was a tactical Master class at Inter times without number so yeah, both on par.

14 minutes ago, robosys said:

Damn, judging by your logic, Wenger is the best coach to have ever grazed the world of football... finals don't cut it, nobody cares if you've been to multiple finals, that's just getting half way and I can guarantee you if he does nothing with Liverpool this coming season then all the awesome style of  play andgh pressing football will get him kicked out.

Don't talk wet. Jesus. 

After what Mou has spent (again) I'd expect the United fans to be wanting rid if he (again) resorts to lumping high balls into the box in 90% of games whilst firmly planting a bus, hoping for a set-piece win against the top sides. 

And let's not forget his meltdowns! He'll no doubt claim the world is against him and mooch around like a spoilt brat when a decision goes against his club. 

5 minutes ago, robosys said:

Sorry mate but Ancelotti is only better than Mou when it comes to man management, I would say they are pretty on par when it comes to getting the job done as a coach.... Mou played beautiful one touch football at Real Madrid but nobody remembers that and was a tactical Master class at Inter times without number so yeah, both on par.

I didn't like watching his Inter. I can't deny he's a great tactician. He's a good tactician. He's a great manager. There's no denying that. And I agree Real Madrid was his best looking football - although I think that was forced on him by his employers tbh.

Fair enough on your opinion with Ancelotti. I personally think Ancelotti is the best manager around today. He's a great tactician and plays attractive football. And he's pretty much done it wherever he goes. And his tenure with AC Milan was not just successful - but notably long for a manager in the Serie A.

I'm sorry, how is Ancelotti a great tactician? Ancelotti is so vastly over rated as a manger.  

Yes he has a great CV and yes he is known for getting the best out of his players, but he has a continuing habit of not being able to adapt as well as cope to the changes of the evolving game. When teams he comes up against understand his tactics, he fails to counteract, which has been evident in every country he's managed. 

Only has one league title in his tenure at Milan whilst managing a group of legendary players,  failed to find a solution or plan B in his second stint at Chelsea when teams found out how to neutralise our attack, lost the french league to Montpellier with an incredibly expensive PSG side, and yet again had a massive failure second season at Real when teams found out his tactics and neautrilised the attack. 

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Exactly!!!! Mou's tactics are masterclass. Completely shutdown Chelsea at OT(while Zlatan rested) . putting herrera on hazard and completely making him irrelevant and chelsea had 5 shots and only one on target. The man needed time and this year will be the year. 

Purple nose used to wipe the floor with title contenders and now you're happy with Mou 'shutting down' Chelsea xD

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm sorry, how is Ancelotti a great tactician? Ancelotti is so vastly over rated as a manger.  

Yes he has a great CV and yes he is known for getting the best out of his players, but he has a continuing habit of not being able to adapt as well as cope to the changes of the evolving game. When teams he comes up against understand his tactics, he fails to counteract, which has been evident in every country he's managed. 

Only has one league title in his tenure at Milan whilst managing a group of legendary players,  failed to find a solution or plan B in his second stint at Chelsea when teams found out how to neutralise our attack, lost the french league to Montpellier with an incredibly expensive PSG side, and yet again had a massive failure second season at Real when teams found out his tactics and neautrilised the attack. 

Tbh I thought his Xmas tree at Milan was fucking brilliant. He also had Chelsea set up well and playing good football. I concede he wasn't as good domestically with Milan as he was in Europe, but he also had a pretty fucking impressive Juventus competing with him. He's done well and played good football in all the top European leagues (and France) though - I don't think you can do that without being a decent tactician. Mourinho is probably the best defensive tactician around, but I don't find that as impressive & that's just my opinion. Whenever Rafa sent us out in a defensive setup it was never as impressive to me as when he set us up to tear sides apart, so in my mind it's easier and safer to go into matches with top quality players in a unit that's primarily playing to nullify the other side's attack. I value tacticians that balance defensive organisation with a potential attack & I think Ancelotti has consistently done that in his career.

Honestly though I think your current manager may be the best tactician around. I'm seriously impressed with Conte, not just from his time at Chelsea (but wow, what a first season!) - I think he could go on to be the best manager of this era. Pep and Mourinho impress me much less, and there's no denying they're both incredibly good managers.

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Purple nose used to wipe the floor with title contenders and now you're happy with Mou 'shutting down' Chelsea xD

I hated Ferguson, still do tbh, but I also begrudgingly respect the fuck out of him. You could make the argument he's the best manager of all time and he's certainly in the pantheon of the greatest managers. He made United what they are now, and he was consistently good for decades.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hated Ferguson, still do tbh, but I also begrudgingly respect the fuck out of him. You could make the argument he's the best manager of all time and he's certainly in the pantheon of the greatest managers. He made United what they are now, and he was consistently good for decades.

Agreed. I do always wonder though (and I don't mean this to cause a big debate), where he would have ended up had United sacked him after his 5th year at United when their fans were baying for his blood?

Funny how things work out!

First of all let me make it clear...  I massively respect Alex Ferguson and what he done will forever live in football folklore.  He is definitely in any list of top coaches in history anywhere although for me not the best for many reasons which doesn't demote anything he achieved at all.

But... It's short!  In the amount of time he was in charge of Manchester United he only won two European Cups (Champions Leagues).  That's the competition that marks the greatest clubs in history apart from the rest and that why for me Man Utd don't even have the right to dispute Liverpool FC as the greatest English club in history.  Man Utd are an above average side in European football history while Liverpool are one of the legends.  So whatever they've lost in terms of domestic honours won by comparison, Liverpool make up for it 10 fold on European and world weight.

Another thing is if we go into marketing status...  This is a whole different subject!

Finally...  That's my only IF and BUT on Ferguson's reign.  He should've made Man Utd a European great and at no point were they ever this.

Archived