The better place to talk football.

Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Haha you got to laugh. Bury haven't scored in 8 games, lost them all, rock bottom of League One, 1-0 down to Oxford with 9 minutes to go and then score two late goals.

One of them days.

I had a treble of Leicester, Stoke and Oxford. I was absolutely certain Bury would equalise because of the way it's gone for me lately but for them to go one further and win is laughable. I just have absolutely no luck betting anymore. It's beyond belief how incapable of winning I've been for a few months now. Main reason I'm doing it less.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I had a treble of Leicester, Stoke and Oxford. I was absolutely certain Bury would equalise because of the way it's gone for me lately but for them to go one further and win is laughable. I just have absolutely no luck betting anymore. It's beyond belief how incapable of winning I've been for a few months now. Main reason I'm doing it less.

Shithousery at its finest. You'll win when you try less and get hooked back in. And the cycle repeats. 

• Subscriber

This week I'm going to be ultra, ultra negative and I hate myself, but unfortunately it's just too good a price to turn down.

Peterborough to beat Leicester is 5/1.

Before I am blasted, hear these points.

- Leicester are notoriously dreadful at Peterborough. I think we've won there twice ever. It's a real bogey ground for us and I think it's a mix of us getting cocky and Peterborough seeing it as a big game. They like getting one over us (suppose it is a bit of a derby and we're their closest decent sized club). It's definitely their biggest game this season.

- Leicester travel to Everton on Wednesday in what's turning out to be quite a big game in terms of qualifying for Europe. 7th is absolutely our aim in the league and with Everton being out of the cup, having a weekend off, I'd say it's likely Puel focuses on that game primarily and plays a weakened side here - which could prove costly.

- Peterborough score a lot of goals. We actually haven't conceded in five games, but Peterborough clearly have an attacking philosophy at the club and have done years.

- Our record in the early kick off is beyond abysmal and has been for a while. The early kick off is also renowned for fucking bets up.

I just think considering everything I've put there, 5/1 on a Peterborough win is too good. We should win it, but there's plenty to suggest we won't.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

This week I'm going to be ultra, ultra negative and I hate myself, but unfortunately it's just too good a price to turn down.

- Leicester are notoriously dreadful at Peterborough. I think we've won there twice ever. It's a real bogey ground for us and I think it's a mix of us getting cocky and Peterborough seeing it as a big game. They like getting one over us (suppose it is a bit of a derby and we're their closest decent sized club). It's definitely their biggest game this season.

- Leicester travel to Everton on Wednesday in what's turning out to be quite a big game in terms of qualifying for Europe. 7th is absolutely our aim in the league and with Everton being out of the cup, having a weekend off, I'd say it's likely Puel focuses on that game primarily and plays a weakened side here - which could prove costly.

- Peterborough score a lot of goals. We actually haven't conceded in five games, but Peterborough clearly have an attacking philosophy at the club and have done years.

- Our record in the early kick off is beyond abysmal and has been for a while. The early kick off is also renowned for fucking bets up.

I just think considering everything I've put there, 5/1 on a Peterborough win is too good. We should win it, but there's plenty to suggest we won't.

Mortgage on a Leicester win.

• Subscriber
On 24/01/2018 at 23:34, Dan said:

If Puel has done his research he'll see that your third team could beat Everton because they're absolute fucking gash.

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:34, Dan said:

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:05, Lucas said:

Mortgage on a Leicester win.

There you go

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Dan said:

What an absolutely collective shocking weekend we're having.

I'll get the tables up tomorrow night.

Suarez scores and it's an over-due win for me.

Barca taking the piss though now. Annoying.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived