The better place to talk football.

Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Shrewsbury to win at home to AFC Wimbledon is 5/6 for some reason. Relying on them and Wigan today.

Screenshot_20180324-132928.thumb.png.76e28f3bba4e3ac1e9db92df9733db4b.png

Feel good about this one. £10 returns £48.10

Shrewsbury leg refunded but still a return of £19.25, the comeback continues.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

And did you? I'm going to say no simply because of the ease in which it came in.

I did. I had my best day in a while. Had £20 on Wigan, Luton and Coventry, then £17 on an in-play which paid out about £40.

On 25/03/2018 at 00:42, Dan said:

I did. I had my best day in a while. Had £20 on Wigan, Luton and Coventry, then £17 on an in-play which paid out about £40.

Nice one. The table will make fot good reading this week with a few winners amongst us.

• Subscriber

Little late but it's an improvement. Week 33.

5abda82c52b2b_Week33-March25.thumb.PNG.f4df90739229cd142040e017ba35daaa.PNG

Liechtenstein ruin what was otherwise a flawless week, as they managed the seemingly impossible feat of losing at home to Andorra.

I mean, I know Liechtenstein are shit, but I see them as a tier above Andorra. I see Liechtenstein, along with Luxembourg, Faroe Islands, Moldova and Malta as the very shit, but a tier above Andorra, San Marino and Gibraltar which I classify as the 24 carat utter shite. For me, that was a surprise result.

@RandoEFC Rando Rando Rando. Every time you win, which isn't often, you'll have to do what you did there and explain how much you actually won. I still haven't bothered to properly research Asian Handicap, and I could be doing myself out of money a bit there because it seems like a hedging bet technique.

@Stan has been on fire lately, he's won just under £90 in the last two weeks, and he's overtaken me in the process.

But @Lucas looks a strong bet to win the whole thing. 10 wins out of 21 and some impressive totals in the process, becoming the first player in the history of this competition on here to end up over £100 in profit. As stated earlier, I had some actual money on those two and they didn't disappoint. Coventry were a ridiculous price. They're having a good season and Grimsby are in complete freefall. 

I have decided there will be 42 weeks of this competition, with the final week ending Sunday 27th May which is the week of the Champions League final.

Then it's the World Cup. I haven't decided a format for this, but I'm open to ideas.

I plan on doing this next season as well.

• Subscriber

Mine for this week. Don't forget the Football League play Friday and Monday, not Saturday!

Shrewsbury to win at Rochdale - 21/10 | I honestly think this looks on the outside, one of the most ridiculously high prices of the season. Shrewsbury are on fire, especially away from home, with Rochdale the complete opposite, especially at home. 23rd against 2nd and you're getting better than 2/1 on it. The only thing I think is that it's just typical of the Football League, if Rochdale do go and win this. I've got a decent amount of money on this for real though.

Birmingham to beat Ipswich - evs | Birmingham have had a torrid season, but Garry Monk seems to have lifted spirits early doors and Ipswich are very likely I think to finish this season weakly, with the confirmation of Mick McCarthy leaving at the end of the season. It could go the other way, but I think Birmingham will probably win this 1-0.

£10 returns £62.

• Subscriber
On 30/03/2018 at 11:19, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20180330-111843.thumb.png.e2a5531005300518e343edfbea89d68d.png

10 returns up to £67.90

And we are back to being cursed. Suttons game abandoned when they were 3-2 up at half time then Sunderland thump Derby 4-1 for their first away win since 2017 :dam:.

So @Dan that one returns £382.50. Cheers.

• Subscriber

One team for me in every sense today. I had an overly ambitious six fold of BTTS that took 25 minutes to have a single goal, and even despite this the inevitable one goal miss still happened, Bristol City the guilty party.

I'll update the table tomorrow night. Think I'm out of the race to win it bar a bit of a miracle.

Got all this for today:

Parma DNB @1.70

FC Nürnberg @1.81

Walsall DNB @1.63

Betis DNB @1.64

DNB double: Granada + Toulouse @1.78

Double: Monaco + Rovers @2.17

Erzurum vs Gaziantep over 2.5 goals @2.07

Cerezo Osaka vs Sagan Tosu over 2.5 goals @1.92

Preußen Münster vs SV Wehen over 2.5 goals @2.03

Bristol Rovers vs Charlton Athletic over 2.5 goals @2.07

Port Vale vs Crawley Town over 2.5 goals @2.38

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Machado said:

So this is a game? I didn't read the OP :$

Thought it was the just a regular betting thread or something. My bad.

There's a Bookmakers thread in the Pub section :)

• Subscriber

Completely forgot about this xD I'll update the tables from Sunday night where there'll be three weeks worth.

Anyhow, this is my ultra cynical bet, my worst yet.

Burnley to beat Leicester by one goal - 3/1

£25 is going on it. I'm absolutely convinced they'll grind us down and beat us late on. We've got two available midfielders, one of them is a youth player, and one of them is Adrien Silva who is still fairly new to the Premier League.

Burnley have that bit more desire I think and they'll finally get one over us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived