Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
24 minutes ago, Storts said:

Surely this can't count Dan? Doubles only...bending the rules a bit 

Been allowed before when one line has been like 'x amount of corners in Game A and Game B' and then done another line...? 

Up to Dan. Happy to void that if he wants and do another one tomorrow. 

• Subscriber

Obviously I've lowered the Huddersfield price by having them or draw and they've gone and thumped them.

And yeah sorry Stan, that's barred.

Actually why am I saying sorry xD look at the results.

• Subscriber

5990dbaa656b5_Week2-August14.thumb.PNG.07027f56904e04af446bad84269a67df.PNG

Week two is up.

Deary fucking me.

I am the only winner this week, and given my odds were decent I have shot to the top of the table. If I had gone for Huddersfield to win, which was my initial plan rather than Huddersfield or draw, which was 4/1, I would have profited £95 this weekend and would've had the whole league in profit, but it wasn't to be. Another weekend of shit in real life for me, but on this I'm laughing. Standard.

@Smiley Culture looked like a safe bet with Tranmere, but they blew it in a surprise 0-1 loss.

Despite his lack of faith in Craig Shakespeare, @Cannabis had a feeling Leicester were going to surprise everyone and win at Arsenal on the opening day - and he wasn't too far off either. He got to witness first hand what being a Leicester fan away at Arsenal is like, as we suffered our 11th straight defeat there and our 3rd late loss on the trot. Sickener all round.

@Stan's cheeky effort that was turned away actually saw him have the second best week in the whole league.

It's a slow start for both @Toony & @...Dan also, as both have pretty shoddy opening efforts.

It was also losses for @RandoEFC & @Storts, Rando's fully deserved after making it so complicated, Storts again quite unlucky.

It's been a shocking effort so far with just 2 wins out of 17 tips. A tough to predict season so far? You bet.

• Subscriber

Leicester v Brighton | 8/11 | Leicester have generally put the so called lesser sides to bed at home and despite it being Brighton's first ever away game in the Premier League, I don't think it'll be any different here. I thought we showed a lot more in our game last week than they did.

Huddersfield v Newcastle | 6/4 | Huddersfield have a real feel good factor about them these days and, while Newcastle have come up with them, I don't think you can really say the same for them. They're missing players and have a manager who continues to publicly criticise their lack of business. I see Huddersfield winning this and I wouldn't be surprised if it's comfortable. I called Huddersfield to start this year well.

£10 returns £43.18.

9 hours ago, Storts said:

Ha love the confidence 

Started poorly yet again, I'm not sure Kevin Watson is any good and I was reading the other day that for the Kings Lynn game in midweek, one of the chairmen (the one who was managing Stortford last season) was down in the dugout, raising questions of how much authority Watson has. It seems a mess there but it is early days I suppose. 

• Subscriber

599b860429c98_Week3-August21.thumb.PNG.8642425d8d97bf18376f777b994d5904.PNG

I don't want to be smug but it's quite hard not to be looking at that table xD

2 winners this time, but once again outdone by losers. Not a single movement in the table this week, although @RandoEFC and @Stan can both consider themselves massively unlucky on this occasion. Both would've been in profit overall should a goal more have gone their way.

@Toony was rightfully punished for his obscene shout that Leicester were going to drop points at home to a team managed by Chris Hughton. He was quite unlucky on the other though.

It's always satisfying seeing myself top and @Storts bottom. He had a bit of a howler this time out as both of his teams were beaten 1-0.

@Smiley Culture is playing the slow and steady game, but while the profit is minimal, it is profit nontheless.

@Happy Blue was given the benefit of the doubt by not having his shout entered as it wasn't very clear what he was going for, a double? Singles? Seeing as it lost, I'll let him off being included. Welcome to join in though.

I'm going to have to find a new trick next week, Huddersfield are basically printing me money.

In the least surprising revelation of the weekend, I lost every bet I had this weekend just gone. The most gut-wrenching of all being a treble of Huddersfield (2.90), Roma (2.45) and Bilbao (1.50) was let down by the latter at home to Getafe.

It's the League Cup and European football this midweek, and another week of domestic action at the weekend with all of the major leagues underway now, so plenty of choice.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived