Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 8/22/2017 at 2:28 AM, ...Dan said:

Screenshot_20170822-022745.png

Thinking of putting a decent amount on it for real as well.

I didn't even think of having bets like this. What does everyone think? Should it be allowed? It was more designed as a week to week thing although, really, I don't see why you couldn't have that outstanding.

I may have the bet in real life too. Good odds. They're a class above anyone at the minute.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Dan said:

I didn't even think of having bets like this. What does everyone think? Should it be allowed? It was more designed as a week to week thing although, really, I don't see why you couldn't have that outstanding.

I may have the bet in real life too. Good odds. They're a class above anyone at the minute.

If I had to guess I'd say other Dan thought this was the Bookmakers thread rather than entering the tipping competition.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Double: Man Utd over 1.5 Team Goals (1.40) and Liverpool over 1.5 Team Goals (1.72).

£10 returns £24.10 (Bet365)

the biggest banker you'll ever have!

• Subscriber

Yeah Man Utd to score 2 or more is a banker. We can't defend for shit against the top sides these days, and haven't really been great at it ever since a certain midfielder left.

Anyhow...

Watford v Brighton | 10/11 | I was massively unimpressed by Brighton last week, not just their lack of quality, but outright lack of ambition to get anything from the game, even at 2 down it was a stroll for us. Watford I called to win at Bournemouth and I've mentioned it a few times, but I think Silva will be at a top club within a few years, he seems like someone who can get an average group of players together and coach them into something far greater than the sum of their parts, and I think he'll do that at Watford. Merging those two theories, it's a home win for me.

Brentford v Wolves | 15/8 | I'm not writing off Wolves just because they got the Warnock treatment. They have probably the best squad in the division, testament to that was their victory away at Southampton midweek whilst making a host of changes. Brentford have started badly and I think, while the Championship often likes to upset, it's too good a price to not have a go on.

£10 returns £54.89.

Also notable in my eyes is Liverpool to beat Arsenal at home (8/7) and Ipswich (12/5) to beat Fulham at home.

• Subscriber

Manchester United over 1.5 Team Goals :419_soccer::419_soccer:

Liverpool over 1.5 Team Goals - looking at Arsenal's defence this season, I'm mega confident about this on paper but it would be just like Liverpool to score 0 or 1 goals for two weekend's running when I've backed them over 1.5, and they wonder why nobody likes them :ph34r:.

• Subscriber

I considered backing that for real and ended up having Liverpool win and BTTS, shock horror the one time Liverpool don't give away a stupid goal.

Pair of 0-0 draws for me. Mine went the minute Britos tried to break Knockaert's leg.

• Subscriber

59a448cab0394_Week3-August28.thumb.PNG.50c9f192001072f306da48ff19d8e3ca.PNG

WEEK FOUR RESULTS:

It's gonna be a long season. This was the statistically worst week we've had yet - although it was skewed somewhat by @...Dan having a £25 bet that won't be paid out until May at the earliest. I wasn't sure whether to allow it as it'll undermine the table somewhat as you'll never truly be sure who is actually top, but at the same time these bets are perfectly legal and if it's acting as a bookies, then it should go ahead. I'm happy to leave you lot to decide whether I should allow it though - should I do it as a weekly thing or should there be outstanding bets as well? Should I get rid of this one, then ...Dan will get a bonus bet in this week to account for not being allowed anything in the week just gone.

We'll start from the top, seeing as I like to remind you all that I'm top. Not good from me although I could be regarded unlucky as well given the whole logic was skewed by Britos' red card, and Wolves by all accounts ought to have really won at Brentford.

@Smiley Culture continues to be the king of consistency, this time backing a resounding 4-0 victory away from home. He bags the title of the most wins, and actually single handedly accounts for half of the leagues overall tips won.

Nothing emphasises how slow a start it's been more than @Cannabis being 3rd out of 8 by the virtue of only losing once.

@RandoEFC was this weeks winner with one that looked very sensible to me early doors - although he was nearly cost by Man Utd.

As for the rest, well, @Stan was unlucky again with both of his missing by just a goal (I can't speak for the Dortmund game but Leicester really ought to have scored late on, meaning that would've won), and the less said about @Storts the better, well actually, no, it's Storts so it's hilarious. It's been a calamitous start from him and it can only get better.

It's internationals for week five, and I'm off on holiday on Sunday so I won't be able to update the table until the week after, likely to be the 11th.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

To be honest I thought we could do the one-off £25 bet at any time along with the weekly tenner. I didn't use my tenner bet because nothing tempted me.

The £25 ones were basically bonuses (or double whammys if you lose xD) but that might not be a bad idea actually.

• Administrator

Fine with the £25 bonus thing. It's virtual betting so not actually anyone's money being lost. Don't we get 3 £25 bonuses to use? So @...Dan will just have 1 less to use through the entirety of the season?

• Subscriber
On 8/29/2017 at 9:30 AM, Stan said:

Fine with the £25 bonus thing. It's virtual betting so not actually anyone's money being lost. Don't we get 3 £25 bonuses to use? So @...Dan will just have 1 less to use through the entirety of the season?

The way it was done on Foxestalk was that you got one to use in the season, as in it replaces a £10 bet, I'm happy to go either way to be honest because it's not an entirely serious game and it's the same concept.

• Subscriber

Denmark 4-0 Poland xD

And there was me worrying about getting a screenshot to prove those were actually the odds for Poland to score 2+ goals against Denmark, thought they were too good to be true but turns out I'm just special.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived