• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bucket Lists

football forum

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got one in my head and have already ticked off the following:

See the pyramids, Taj Mahal, colosseum, climb Mt Fuji, skydive over Cairns (didn't see as much as I'd have liked though...), climb parts of the great wall (original)...probably more.

On the list to tick off:

Go to every continent, go to a world cup(planning on Russia next year), check out vegas, snowboard in Canada, see the Christ the dereemer, chichen itza, machu picchu. 

I don't really have a bucket list but at the moment I'm living in Australia which is up there, saving to travel SE Asia, going to live in NZ for a year unless I can get another year in Oz and want to go to Central America. Outside of that there's not much else right now.

I don't really feel that there are any particular sights or countries I'd feel disappointed to not visit, but I do want to do a lot of travelling.

I'd like to live abroad for a while - be that for work, or in retirement. I really want to work on my German to the point where I can have conversations with people in real life, and learn one more language after that. 

• Subscriber

Don't have a bucket list per se, but there are so many things I want to do... From the top of my head:

Go to 24 hours of Le Mans.
Do the distillery tour in Scotland. 
Write a book.
Learn to play guitar.
Create a substantial passive income.
Own a dog.
Have my own small garden.
Brew my own beer.
Buy a Hasselblad camera.
Drive a race car.
Learn to fly a plane.
Visit Cuba.
Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway.
Cruise the entire Mekong river from China to Vietnam.
Taste a scotch that is older than I am (probably should hurry up with this one otherwise it will be too expensive).

Buy a motorbike and ride it across SE Asia. This will probably be the last thing I ever do, so I'm keeping it at the bottom of the list :ph34r:

• 2 years later...
  • Subscriber

Working on adding a few things to my bucket list and ticking a few things off in the next few months.

Also did a list of 20 things to do before 2020 and I'm doing okay on that too! Those ones are more self care ones than getting out and doing things though.

17 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Working on adding a few things to my bucket list and ticking a few things off in the next few months.

Also did a list of 20 things to do before 2020 and I'm doing okay on that too! Those ones are more self care ones than getting out and doing things though.

What’s on that list and what have you done?

• Subscriber

Ticked off some of the more sillier ones lately:

- Sing in a karaoke bar
- Cook for a group of friends

And then I've got some upcoming:

- Visit Anfield (doing the tour)
- Produce a podcast (this is my podcast of me completing the 92 from scratch)

I am massively into making lists, as I feel like they help me stay organized. 

As for a bucket list - I certainly have a few. 

Become debt free (Including hosue)
Visit Portugal, Cuba, Mexico, Austrailia, Hungary, Romania, Turkey, and UAE. 
Live in Europe for a few years (Think this may actually come true in the next couple of years, but we will see)
Go to a Montreal Canadians game. 
Run a marathon in Kenya, with a Kenyan. 
Run the Western States 100 mile race (You have to qualify first)
Run the MOAB 240 mile race
Becoming conversational efficient in French
Donante an entire paycheck to a charity
Go to a football match of: Lyon, PSG, Marseille, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, Newcastle, Eintracht Frankfurt
Write a book
Watch all of the IMBD Top 250 movies of all time
Read the New York List best seller top 100 from 1986 (Year of my birth)

Those are just a few. 

On 04/08/2017 at 09:07, Toinho said:

Got one in my head and have already ticked off the following:

See the pyramids, Taj Mahal, colosseum, climb Mt Fuji, skydive over Cairns (didn't see as much as I'd have liked though...), climb parts of the great wall (original)...probably more.

On the list to tick off:

Go to every continent, go to a world cup(planning on Russia next year), check out vegas, snowboard in Canada, see the Christ the dereemer, chichen itza, machu picchu. 

Oh, still haven’t been to a World Cup...

Outside of travel, which is how I usually see Bucket lists, I would like to become fluent in a language. Japanese would be ideal but I haven’t studied for two years. I Want to be conversational in Spanish and German. 

Learn the keyboard. I have one - just need to get off my arse and learn. 

Another travel one - drive from Perth to Sydney or around Australia. 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Eco said:

Donate an entire paycheck to a charity
Watch all of the IMBD Top 250 movies of all time
Read the New York List best seller top 100 from 1986 (Year of my birth)

These ones piqued my interest. Might add similar ones to my own list!

24 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I spend $100 a month on charity. One of them I haven’t heard from in half a year... contemplating pulling the plug but would feel guilty! 

• Subscriber
On 07/08/2017 at 20:54, nudge said:

Don't have a bucket list per se, but there are so many things I want to do... From the top of my head:

Go to 24 hours of Le Mans.
Do the distillery tour in Scotland. 
Write a book.
Learn to play guitar.
Create a substantial passive income.
Own a dog.
Have my own small garden.
Brew my own beer.
Buy a Hasselblad camera.
Drive a race car.
Learn to fly a plane.
Visit Cuba.
Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway.
Cruise the entire Mekong river from China to Vietnam.
Taste a scotch that is older than I am (probably should hurry up with this one otherwise it will be too expensive).
Buy a motorbike and ride it across SE Asia. This will probably be the last thing I ever do, so I'm keeping it at the bottom of the list :ph34r:

Should be able to scratch the first one off my imaginary list next year. Plan on doing a proper racing summer next year by going to 24h of Le Mans, 24h of Spa, 24h of Nürburgring, and a F1 race. 

Also scratched a few out as I realised I don't have much interest in doing it.

Add to the list:
Learn Chinese (Mandarin) - in progress.

58 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Yeah - my Dad gave me the idea of the NY Times Best Seller from the year of my birth. I think the top selling book that year was Stephen King's 'It', which is no small read. 

The IMBD is because I never watch movies and have been told on numerous occasions to start on that list. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Yeah - my Dad gave me the idea of the NY Times Best Seller from the year of my birth. I think the top selling book that year was Stephen King's 'It', which is no small read. 

The IMBD is because I never watch movies and have been told on numerous occasions to start on that list. 

NY Times Best Seller on my birthday was Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King. Just read the plot and I think I'm going to add it to my list of books. Aimed to read 12 books in 12 months this year and have only managed to complete 3.

21 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

NY Times Best Seller on my birthday was Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King. Just read the plot and I think I'm going to add it to my list of books. Aimed to read 12 books in 12 months this year and have only managed to complete 3.

I track all my books using goodreads.com, if might help as you can track your progress using ISBN's, and set a goal, and it'll tell you how good/poorly you are fairing. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Eco said:

I track all my books using goodreads.com, if might help as you can track your progress using ISBN's, and set a goal, and it'll tell you how good/poorly you are fairing. 

Aye, I've got the Goodreads app. 

20 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Decided today that I want to build a watch from scratch. Buy all the parts online and stick it together. 

Was browsing watches online and just come across an article about it and it sounds a challenge. 

Do you reckon you’ve got time for that? 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Decided today that I want to build a watch from scratch. Buy all the parts online and stick it together. 

Was browsing watches online and just come across an article about it and it sounds a challenge. 

That sounds interesting. How long does it typically take?

Archived