The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely enjoyed the third season and found it better than the second at times. So many interesting characters this time,  though I personally loved Pacho and Jorge. 

Next season should be fun too considering the Mexican cartels are extremely brutal. 

On a side note,  here's the interview with real life Jorge.  Quite an interesting read. 

https://ew.com/tv/2017/09/03/narcos-jorge-salcedo-interview/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

mid-way through the third season and have actually been watching for a few months but didn't want to enter this thread for fear of seeing a spoiler xD 

One of the best programmes around right now. Probably preaching to the converted but the drama and the way the intricacies of how a cartel can rise and fall is portrayed is brilliant.

Thought the third season was a tad slow compared to the way the first 2 series progressed and it got to episode 3 or 4 where North Valley are introduced and the turn of the tide between the Rodriguez brothers really intensifies the series and ranks it up in excitement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Subscriber

Loved Narcos. I've already seen countless documentaries on Escobar and then the Cali Cartel so i enjoyed all 3 series. Much preferred 1 and 2 though.

Season 4 is due to come out soon isn't it, set in Mexico?

Did anyone hear about the Location scout for the show who was shot dead in his car?

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Cicero said:

International Break got you down? No worries, season 4 begins this Friday. 

Let the binge commence. 

Thanks for the heads up. I forgot it´d come out this Friday. 

The fact it´s in Mexico probably will appeal to a wider audience in the United States. And that´s good, I hope they keep doing lots of seasons.

Diego Luna and Michael Peña are great choices. I think it will be good.

Finished watching it. Loved it, despite it being the weakest of all seasons. There could be several reasons for it, like no strong characters like Escobar, or Agent Pena or how third season had Pacho and Jorge; plus we are used to how these stories go - a nobody dreams, dares and becomes huge, has few close calls before everything unravels; or maybe because we already know what happened to Kiki (they talked about him in the first season and his story is well known). Still it was a good watch. Don't really know how they will make it entertaining in the next season. By the end, everything felt same-same. 

As for the actors, I thought Michael Pena did a good job with Kiki, even though it was more about the cartel. I have never really thought highly of Diego Luna. I don't think he is a bad actor, but he just doesn't have that impact. Even in Rogue One he was overshadowed by others. From the side actors I thought the guy playing Don Neto and Alyssa Diaz(in the latter episodes), who plays Kiki's wife, were brilliant. Special mention to Tessa La, for simply being a cutie. 

Unless they do something new and dramatic in the next season, I can totally see people getting bored of what seems like a fixed formula rehashed with newer characters. 

On 20/11/2018 at 12:58, IgnisExcubitor said:

Finished watching it. Loved it, despite it being the weakest of all seasons. There could be several reasons for it, like no strong characters like Escobar, or Agent Pena or how third season had Pacho and Jorge; plus we are used to how these stories go - a nobody dreams, dares and becomes huge, has few close calls before everything unravels; or maybe because we already know what happened to Kiki (they talked about him in the first season and his story is well known). Still it was a good watch. Don't really know how they will make it entertaining in the next season. By the end, everything felt same-same. 

As for the actors, I thought Michael Pena did a good job with Kiki, even though it was more about the cartel. I have never really thought highly of Diego Luna. I don't think he is a bad actor, but he just doesn't have that impact. Even in Rogue One he was overshadowed by others. From the side actors I thought the guy playing Don Neto and Alyssa Diaz(in the latter episodes), who plays Kiki's wife, were brilliant. Special mention to Tessa La, for simply being a cutie. 

Unless they do something new and dramatic in the next season, I can totally see people getting bored of what seems like a fixed formula rehashed with newer characters. 

Tend to agree with that.. He had the look but I don't think he had the screen presence required.

Having said that it was still a really good watch.. 

Archived