• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Threads

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

We had that at TFF, I personally prefer the combined threads we use here at the moment so you don't get Swansea v West Brom threads with no posts.

Yeah like I say there's the chance of that but if you want to post about a particular match and you have to trawl through posts about games you aren't interested in it can be annoying too.

Pros and cons for both, just think it'd be worth a go.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

toony, stan does the threads. knowing how power-hungry he is, it doesnt make a bit of difference what we think. 

literally obsessed. 

• Administrator
On 03/08/2017 at 7:47 PM, Toony said:

Yeah like I say there's the chance of that but if you want to post about a particular match and you have to trawl through posts about games you aren't interested in it can be annoying too.

Pros and cons for both, just think it'd be worth a go.

in relation to the actual point, it has been discussed by all the power-hungry staff.

As Rando alluded to, it was annoying seeing dead and inactive threads with no posts which is why decision was taken on TFF and when TF365 started to have consolidated match threads.

• Subscriber

Please keep it as one individual match day topic - hate individual match topics, much rather go into a general discussion, far more likely to post than in individual topics 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Think the group thread was more active, the less interesting games had very little content. The bigger games derbies could be separate but a group one should work well for the moment.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Please keep it as one individual match day topic - hate individual match topics, much rather go into a general discussion, far more likely to post than in individual topics 

can you 2 stop being so power-hungry please xD ?

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's Storts' time of the month again, love these.

That's how it should be for me too, I'm not going to go into a Brighton vs. Stoke thread but if I'm in the general one and see people talking about it I'm likely to get involved.

Big games such as the Merseyside Derby and the Liverpool/United clashes could potentially have their own space.

Wait what? You've just agreed with me, don't see any reason for change. General match day thread much better 

• 3 months later...
On 05/08/2017 at 0:11 AM, Kitchen Sales said:

Personally I've always been in favour of the televised games having their own thread. 

Sorry to bump an old topic but I think this is a good idea, maybe not every live game but the big ones? 1-2 a weekend?

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sorry to bump an old topic but I think this is a good idea, maybe not every live game but the big ones? 1-2 a weekend?

what's the big game? 

I might want Leicester vs Burnley as a thread but it's nowhere near a big game. How selective would we be - only top 6? only derbies?

Since we've gone to one thread I've been a fan of it as opposed to how it was on TFF with individual match threads. 

• Administrator

It was my suggestion to go for the combined thread; as much because it used to be a fucking bind for whoever was creating all the threads and you’d get 4 posts. Granted, maybe It could be split between the Saturday and the Sunday by relevance of game. We could have a separate thread for derbies but then I think all we are doing is over complicating something that clearly - unless I’m wrong - already works.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

what's the big game? 

I might want Leicester vs Burnley as a thread but it's nowhere near a big game. How selective would we be - only top 6? only derbies?

Since we've gone to one thread I've been a fan of it as opposed to how it was on TFF with individual match threads. 

We've all been watching football long enough to know no one cares about Leicester vs Burnley that much. Just if there's a big game that weekend, that way you can keep the single topic and then just have one or two extra topics creating extra discussion. If it doesn't work then leave it

Archived