• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paris Saint-Germain Discussion

football forum

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

President of UEFA Aleksander Ceferin today; "I know I'm going to have to exclude PSG from European Competition"

UEFA this morning have denied that this is going to happen until the investigation is throughly scrutinised, but they did add that any inkling of the breaching of any rule will be severely punished. 

PSG will sue UEFA in front of the European court and win just like Manchester City did. Bombing their bus, something UEFA is endorsing for more than half a now, is the only option.

It´s all about money, in my opinion. La Liga and Barcelona feel threatened by PSG because they took from them a big asset in the Latin America market, which is largely dominated by the two spanish giants. If they can use their influence in UEFA to exclude PSG from european competitions that would really hurt the qatari project and eliminate, at least for the time being, a rising competitor. In the long-term though, I think Real Madrid and Barcelona, and the other continental leagues and clubs for that matter, are bound to play second fiddle to the english clubs.

United States non-latino, Africa and Asia are already dominated by the Premier League, therefore Latin America and the latino market in USA is vital to La Liga. As long as they keep them, Real and Barça will continue to be able to compete economically with the english clubs. But man, at least here in Latin America, this is chaning fast. Premier League is growing a lot. Like I´ve said, the writting is on the wall, the overall quality of their domestic opponents is the spanish Achilles´s heel.  Spain is not rich enough nor has the global cultural influence of England to have a top 6 and a more balanced league.

5 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

It´s all about money, in my opinion. La Liga and Barcelona feel threatened by PSG because they took from them a big asset in the Latin America market, which is largely dominated by the two spanish giants. If they can use their influence in UEFA to exclude PSG from european competitions that would really hurt the qatari project and eliminate, at least for the time being, a rising competitor. In the long-term though, I think Real Madrid and Barcelona, and the other continental leagues and clubs for that matter, are bound to play second fiddle to the english clubs.

United States non-latino, Africa and Asia are already dominated by the Premier League, therefore Latin America and the latino market in USA is vital to La Liga. As long as they keep them, Real and Barça will continue to be able to compete economically with the english clubs. But man, at least here in Latin America, this is chaning fast. Premier League is growing a lot. Like I´ve said, the writting is on the wall, the overall quality of their domestic opponents is the spanish Achilles´s heel.  Spain is not rich enough nor has the global cultural influence of England to have a top 6 and a more balanced league.

They should've thought about that before they broke the rules.

As for La Liga's wealth... It's growing faster in two years than it has in the ten previous in the continents other than Latin America.

But imagine this... If La Liga suffers from a lack of conpetition in its top division, France lies light years behind on that and appeal... Let alone have the brandnames historically that Spain has.

I'm not going to argue those points because they're off topic and it sounds like people are hurt that PSG tried a fast one. Plus... Curiously (I repeat from further up) Barcelona have had absolutely nothing to do with those that reported PSG. Actually there are two Premier League clubs involved in that and only Real Madrid from Spain. 

laliga-v-300x300.jpg

LaLiga will go as far as the civil courts and the EU with the case on PSG

LFP president Javier Tebas held an interview with French sports daily newspaper L'Équipe here the focus of attention was the ongoing investigation with Paris Saint-Germain (also Manchester City).

This is what he had to say on the points being raised:

"All we're asking for is for PSG to respect the financial fair-play that every club under the umbrella of UEFA has to adhere to.  They haven't done it, I know and everyone working in this industry knows they haven't done it.  The thing is that they've been caught before but this time they've really taken football to town on this one.  Their financial records are accessible to all in working in football, they're accessible in detail and even people not working in the industry can get a pretty accurate breakdown too although in truth the whole picture we have at our disposal shows all you have to see and you almost don't even need a calculator to see how they've literally said "we're going to do what we want because this isn't fair".  They aren't even in the top 10 earners in European football and yet they've been able to spend more than Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona."

"let's take a basic look at the occurrences this summer by comparison on PSG and FC Barcelona.  The finial cycle in European football runs on a three yearly system of regulation and PSG have invested almost €700m on two players because although the Mbappé deal is a loan deal, they are forced to purchase him in the legislated contract handed into the FFF which counts as moneys spent already but even so, enters into the three year cycle all the same.  Barcelona on the other hand had by our informed knowledge €92m to spend before sales this summer and then received €222m which takes the grand total to €314m...  Let's also take into account that the wage contract package enters the expenditure controlled by the UEFA FFP and with the signings of Semedo, Paulinho and Dembélé they weren't able to sign Mbappé who I can inform they were in advanced negotiations with AS Monaco at one point.  But in the end they just weren't able to do it financially without breaking the rules.  They informed us of the possible registration of the player for an amount I am not permitted to disclose and under their figures I warned them that they would be breaching the rules.  Obviously the LFP or the RFEF don't have jurisdiction over clubs and they can do as they please while we can only warn them.  We are not liable, they are and we are only existent to defend the product, its members and administer it.  FC Barcelona make almost three times the amount of money Paris Saint-Germain do, so how have they been able to do this?  Simple, they've done it by using non registered commercial deposits."

"I had a meeting with the PSG president, Nasser Al-Khelaifi 5 months ago when the Neymar saga wasn't even in contemplation and I already told him that we (LFP) would be reporting them.

"We're not on our own because the FIGC (Italian Football Federation) and the Bundesliga are also backing us up.  Clubs I am permitted to name like Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Arsenal are 100% backing us and have even launched their own reports on the side with this investigation.  We asked FC Barcelona to put pressure and at this moment in time they are under a vote of censure and have declined to do so but have promised to use their weight in the near future."

"Like I said before, there are clubs that dwarf PSG on a tremendous scale and they just can't afford to do this and the problem is that if this goes unpunished, it will have to be added to legislation and from there on football will die everywhere because there are brandnames in every single league including the Premier League that would never be able to get commercial backing in the manner that PSG and Manchester City to a slightly lesser extent are doing.  This would and is the unequivocal unbalance we could be about to witness in football if it isn't already bad enough with legislation as it is between the haves and the have nots.  In my league I have fought tooth and nail against the two giants to share out the moneys coming into La Liga from outside entities buying the product and what I got which is a lot better I am not satisfied with and more fighting will continue to be done."

"I know UEFA will punish PSG, but if they're not punished accordingly to what they've done and also the fact they are repeat offenders, then I will take this to the CAS or even the EU."

17 hours ago, El_Loco said:

We all know this "top 6" in England is some fake marketing slogan though as those 6 teams aren't title challengers at all(how are Liverpool and Arsenal up there with Europe's best clubs? What a laugh), it's just a marketing tool for gullible people to buy into.

Until I actually see something impressive from these 6 teams, then I refuse to buy into the nonsense that it's a great league full of great teams and beyond everything else, as it's currently not and hasn't been for ages now. It's just a marketing slogan.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

We all know this "top 6" in England is some fake marketing slogan though as those 6 teams aren't title challengers at all(how are Liverpool and Arsenal up there with Europe's best clubs? What a laugh), it's just a marketing tool for gullible people to buy into.

Until I actually see something impressive from these 6 teams, then I refuse to buy into the nonsense that it's a great league full of great teams and beyond everything else, as it's currently not and hasn't been for ages now. It's just a marketing slogan.

We've all debated this on so many different threads from the other forum to this one...  It just keeps on popping up and even though it's largely off topic and loosely related to this in terms of a small part of the reason the LFP have reported clubs that are financially doped, it can be touched upon.

You're right that the Premier League is a very well marketed product and other countries are playing catch-up (doing well I might add too), but football fans from other continents won't care that a large part of the Premier League is a beautifully packaged product that has been sold extremely well.  They have their own football first and foremost and then as do other countries, they then buy into other leagues for the consumption of these football aficionados so as to make sure the media platform has enough of a stocking filler to constitute paying a subscription fee.  They won't give a damn that it's not all that or that in reality it's more or less the same as the other top leagues in Europe.  The clubs in the Premier League (the usual suspects) have been turned into massive brandnames in the time the league has been modelled productively and the rest that yo-yo ups and downs are used as part of the fascination also in that it's "all so competitive".

I was born and bred in England, gone to English football matches since I was a child in the late 70s.  I know this league as well as any other football fan from my generation.  But at the same time I have been brought up in a family that emigrated from a country that also has a rich football tradition in which I have also learned a lot about that league as much as the one "I was born into"...  Add the "football aficionado" part in my curiosity in learning as much about other football in other parts and I know what I really have in with the Premier League.  But as I said at the start of this post, this is only important for those that care about these things and look at it all from a different perspective.  @El_Loco is correct in stating that from a Latin American point of view they will buy into the best marketed product as they have no affiliation to any other apart from their own, so if the Premier League is being made more appealing to them over there, then that's the way it is... It's market forces.  I don't have the growth numbers at hand so I can't comment on that but I can comment on the new La Liga structure that was implemented two years ago and which enters the new scheme from next year...  La Liga is the fastest growing league in the world at the moment and has done tremendous work in areas where they weren't as big like Asia and Africa (North Africa has always been dominated by Spanish football).  This is why a Japanese company spent so much money to take over the Arab sponsorship of FC Barcelona...  There are other clubs in La Liga that have massive investment from Asia and especially Japan and Singapore...  There are even clubs in Spain's second division bringing in more money than has even been seen in that division from Asia.

But the argument basis was one of an underlying pain at the fact PSG were being stepped on and slowed down without caring if they'd broken the rules...  That IS DEFINITELY a latin trait.  "It doesn't matter if there's something really dodgy going on as long as those I want to win, do it"...  So if you read El Loco's post with the small print in the big print, it's all about some sort of strange strike at Spain and even Spanish history in other threads (which I find bemusing).  That's fine though, I really don't mind about that because too many in life need to wash their bloodied hands of things others done...  That's not my problem, it isn't Spain's problem!  It's the problem and only an issue for those that feel it is that way.

The truth in the matter of it all is only one...  It's about the future on how business will be done in the acquisition of players and how the marketing side to this can then be used to grow the brandname of said clubs.  Because PSG isn't Ligue1 and they are on their own!  It's only about PSG at this stage but it could be about other big clubs in the future, but only a few and then there really will be an unbreakable gap between the haves and have nots in football (in terms of clubs).  Only those with massive appeal will benefit.

Like I said to El Loco...  Don't go crazy on who's accusing!  Go crazy and bang your fist on the table on those that may have committed the crime!  It's their own fault.

"La avaricia rompe el saco"

I know what Ricardinho was saying mate and he was absolutely correct, and while it's way off topic as you say, I was just making a point(and Riccydinho himself would agree) that this 6 challengers nonsense here in England is all just some slogan to sell a product and people who buy into it are gullible.

As for PSG, they are absolutely taking the piss out of football but many people seem to accept this nonsense now.

As for PSG, they are absolutely taking the piss out of football but many people seem to accept this nonsense now.

They accept it because they're not one of the elite clubs.  They accept it mate because they aren't one of the ones that usually win and to some modem of understanding (I don't understand it because they are an utter embarrassment and my words have been loud for years on them) they are seen as "someone ELSE" that can win it other than the usual suspects.

All of that without the demagoguery that's been thrown around in some posts on this thread.

I know what Ricardinho was saying mate and he was absolutely correct, and while it's way off topic as you say, I was just making a point(and Riccydinho himself would agree) that this 6 challengers nonsense here in England is all just some slogan to sell a product and people who buy into it are gullible.

Yeah mate...  The curious thing is that most of those that see the Premier League for what it has become tend to be people in their mid 30s and above.  There are others, but they are few and far between because even younger fans here have bought into the product which is understandable with the way the media shove it into your brain cells.  This is a great league and I also don't buy into the the point that some make that it isn't all that because of how cyclical the English top division is in Europe.  When the English teams are bad, they're bad in their cycles and practically don't compete where as others even when they're down they're there or there abouts.  But it's a great league and I was brought up on it...  But it was a great league before it even became the Premier League which is something that many either don't know or have forgotten.

But, and it's a big but!  The other massive leagues in Europe have nothing to worry about like the doom and gloom Ricardinho has been trying to throw in some posts for whatever reason.  It's IMPOSSIBLE for the big leagues to die because they have their own weapons and they're also entering the equilibrium that is the Premier League.  What we have here is a syndrome belonging to "the sign of the times" and those that for whatever anterior motives they hold, they want to buy into it.  I don't want to go too much into that although I will jab every now and then because it's humorous.  PSG are a scumbag football club in every way they do business...  They're real scum now, but they've been scum for many many years now.  It will be curious to see how Ligue1 battle out the promotion of PSG because it benefits them although they know it's dross.  There is so little to sell there apart for those either living within its borders in support or the niche following it has in other lands for whatever reason.

With all that money they spend, it's just a matter of time until they dominate everywhere. They bought Neymar who wasn't even needed as they have another 5 players for that position (Draxler, Di Maria, Ben Arfa, Moura, Mbappe...) if they continue like this they will just gather all the greatest footballers there are and no other team will be able to keep up with them. like I said, it's just a matter of time until they win... everything.

@SirBalon I´m not defending PSG. My point is that spanish football authorities are pushing hard against PSG and this in my opinion is not exactly about ethics and the rule of law. This is pure economics and a long-term vision of the threat a club like PSG can be to their business, a subject I find fascinating. I´m trying to understand and debate the future of the game. I know I´m mixing the subjects and going off-topic, but this is what I find interesting in this PSG case. Also, I´m not trying to make a dig at Spain, a country to which´s culture is much closer to home to me than most european countries being a latin american myself.  Who 30 years ago would´ve thought that it would become pratically impossible to a club like Ajax to win the Champions League? The Premier League more than doubled the revenue of La Liga last season. Eventually, will this difference be too much to the spanish giants to continue being the most powerful clubs in Europe? 

Honestly, when I see the structure of some spanish stadiums, the demographics and the per capita income of medium and smaller spanish towns, I question myself how can they face the powerhouse english football has become in the long-term future. 

Something´s got to give. I see many scenarios, the two I find most probable are the one where we see the Champions League get more teams and dates, and the big clubs becoming even more powerful, or another where Premier League outgrows the rest of continental football. 

Keep in mind that Brazil and Argentina domestic were once very powerful and I´ve experienced the decline, and that I´m usually very pessimistic in all my views. Perhaps I´m totally wrong. 

I don´t think that the continental leagues will die, but I think Premier League could outgrown them all and the economic difference at some point will be felt on the pitch. 

Changing the subject to South America, I´m very worried about our local football. The people that run football clubs here take the massives fanbases they have for granted and they don´t seem to realize the danger, because man a lot of brazilian kids only care about european football, this will hit our clubs hard in the next 10, 20 years. In that sense. It´s worrisome. 

@The Rebel CRS I get what you´re saying, Chris. But doesn´t the fact a brazilian knows and uses the term "top 6" tell a lot about the mediatic power of Premier League? It doesn´t matter if Manchester City hasn´t been successful in continental competitions so far, the exposure they get can´t be compared to that of Sevilla, for example, despite their recent european success. 

La Liga is considering to host season games in China and in the United States, in my opinion an extreme countermove to the dominance english football has in those markets. They´re only willing to take it that far because they acknowledge the gap is already really big. More and more the foreign markets are important to european football and England is ahead everyone in that sense.

img_megarcia_20170915-101146_imagenes_md

Operation EXODUS

Paris Saint-Germain are running scared since they emptied a good wad of Qatari change into the European transfer market this summer.  During the end of the summer transfer window they tried to sell both Julian Draxler and Ángel di María at optimum prices...  The problem is that everyone knew what they'd done and nobody was in for falling for their desperation.  They've got UEFA on their backs and they have been told that they have two seasons to clean up their act or the following summer they'll be ousted from European competition for a considerable amount of time.

All of this means that in the winter transfer window we could see various PSG players leave their ranks like those mentioned above and also Lucas, Javier Pastore and Kevin Trapp.  They're apparently looking to recoup somewhere in the region of €180m so as to end quits and not spend another penny in two years.  The problem is that their wages have also gone through the roof and this could mean selling one of their insignia players which is left to be seen which.  Everything counts and what the Arabs didn't count on is that at this precise moment having all the money the world has its limits under the rules.

It's outrageous that players like Draxler and Di Maria stay on the bench in some games... even provoking I could say. This extravagant super market of players in Pari might cause them some trouble... if they buy and sell players like merchandise the team will have no chemistry and no teamwork.

This Pari might end up like Real Madrid of 2009 when they had bought Ronaldo - Kaka - Benzema but they were playing shitty football with no teamwork. It was just a soulless team that had just sold some super fine players like Robben, Sneijder and Higuain just to bring new merchandise and sell more new jerseys.

I'm so curious to see how the season will go for them. I know they will dominate in France because there is no competition there but in Champion League I would like to see them playing against Barcelona - a team with soul and teamwork and players who play together since they were kids. Messi and his friends might teach Pari (and Neymar) a lesson 1f609.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 11:38 AM, bozziovai said:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/nme-will-rock-football-neymar-mbappe-edinson-the-best/1l9sbmugtywql1utvgkp74o7t6

just an example of a whole lot of bullocks from the press.    How can this trio be of importance when they're playing in the french league.   No offense to any french here, but Ligue 1 isn't considered to be in the top 4 in europe.    And that win against Barcelona on the first leg of the UCL quarters last year was clearly a fluke.     But only time will tell whether this money-team will perform well in the UCL.

Mate, do you really think that 4-0 drubbing of Barca was a fluke? That was a comprehensively thorough beat down of the highest order.

That would mean that the 2013 Bayern 4-0 and 3-0 Champions League wins over Barca, the Juventus 3-0 this year, etc. etc. were flukes too?

Let's give credit where credit is due: PSG would win Ligue 1 in their sleep. Emery's challenge is to keep his superstars focused on Ligue 1, whilst giving their all in the CL.

FC Barcelona was never ever known for defensive prowess (it can be said that defensive frailties are endemic to Barca's very way of playing, such is the emphasis on passing and pressing), but the defensive shortcomings have become more pronounced in recent seasons, due to the over-reliance on Messi.

Barca were seconds away from being knocked out in last season's CL by PSG (Unai Emery got his tactics all wrong in the 2nd leg, should take attacked from the get-go like in Paris: a lone goal early in the proceedings really would have knocked us out that juncture in the game). Here's a stat for those that love stats: in the past 12 seasons (probably beyond then too, can't be arsed to look it up now) that Barca don't win the CL, whomever knocks them out have progressed to the Champions League Final, at the very least. Barca's like: "Wanna get to the CL Final? Gotta get thru us!!"

That would suggest that PSG would have played Real Madrid in last season's Final.

I fully expect the new and improved iteration of PSG (with Dani Alves, Mbappe and Neymar) to make the CL semis this season, at the very least. They're genuine challengers for the Champions League this season: don't let the much bandied about mantra of the "inferiority of the French league" fool you. Neymar and his Brazilian counterparts are honing and perfecting their cohesiveness, chemistry and preparations for the 2018 World Cup whilst in PSG gear. Don't think for one second that they won't make the most of it.

Oh, and back to the topic at hand? Remains to be seen whether this will affect their campaign. If I were a betting man, I'd say no, not with the retinue of lawyers Al-Khelaifi has on retainer.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/futbol-internacional/psg-president-al-khelaifi-investigated-for-corruption-6349037

16 hours ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Mate, do you really think that 4-0 drubbing of Barca was a fluke? That was a comprehensively thorough beat down of the highest order.

That would mean that the 2013 Bayern 4-0 and 3-0 Champions League wins over Barca, the Juventus 3-0 this year, etc. etc. were flukes too?

Let's give credit where credit is due: PSG would win Ligue 1 in their sleep. Emery's challenge is to keep his superstars focused on Ligue 1, whilst giving their all in the CL.

FC Barcelona was never ever known for defensive prowess (it can be said that defensive frailties are endemic to Barca's very way of playing, such is the emphasis on passing and pressing), but the defensive shortcomings have become more pronounced in recent seasons, due to the over-reliance on Messi.

Barca were seconds away from being knocked out in last season's CL by PSG (Unai Emery got his tactics all wrong in the 2nd leg, should take attacked from the get-go like in Paris: a lone goal early in the proceedings really would have knocked us out that juncture in the game). Here's a stat for those that love stats: in the past 12 seasons (probably beyond then too, can't be arsed to look it up now) that Barca don't win the CL, whomever knocks them out have progressed to the Champions League Final, at the very least. Barca's like: "Wanna get to the CL Final? Gotta get thru us!!"

That would suggest that PSG would have played Real Madrid in last season's Final.

I fully expect the new and improved iteration of PSG (with Dani Alves, Mbappe and Neymar) to make the CL semis this season, at the very least. They're genuine challengers for the Champions League this season: don't let the much bandied about mantra of the "inferiority of the French league" fool you. Neymar and his Brazilian counterparts are honing and perfecting their cohesiveness, chemistry and preparations for the 2018 World Cup whilst in PSG gear. Don't think for one second that they won't make the most of it.

Oh, and back to the topic at hand? Remains to be seen whether this will affect their campaign. If I were a betting man, I'd say no, not with the retinue of lawyers Al-Khelaifi has on retainer.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/futbol-internacional/psg-president-al-khelaifi-investigated-for-corruption-6349037

Fine-tuning their play with each other whilst at PSG in preparation for the 2018 World Cup. I think only the 2006 World Cup winning squad of Italy has as many instrumental players from one team (Juventus). Then again, Juventus has always supplied loads of players to the Italian national team.

Bodes well for Brasil??

The 2018 World Cup Final will hopefully and probably feature any combination of Brasil, Germany and Argentina. France the dark horse.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 0:37 PM, Cannabis said:

Neymar won't achieve his full potential, there's no way you can move to a second tier league like Ligue 1 and still expect to be on par with the Messi's and Ronaldo's of this world. It's lined his pockets just fine but he's sold his soul to the devil.

Worked for Cristiano. Also nice Jamie Redknap-esque post. Twat.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Edinson Cavani Admits to Neymar Problems

Archived