Jump to content
talkfootball365

Paris Saint-Germain Discussion


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

There are rumours coming from French sports portals that Adrien Rabiot has refused a fourth attempt by PSG in regards of a contract renewal.  As we know, Rabiot's contract ends at the conclusion of this current campaign and from January he can legally negotiate openly with other football clubs.

It is being suggested that one week since the third attempt by the club to come to an agreement with the player that Paris Saint-Germain have gone up €2m per season from the previous offer and now stands at €9.6m per season, an offer that has again been turned down by Adrien Rabiot and his agent (his sister) Veronique.

It is also being rumoured that Rabiot would start listening to his current club where he was formed (a rarity with PSG) if the offer begins on a €10m base so as to start negotiating... There's a lot of push-me-pull-you on this one and the power lies at the hand of the player for sure.  Another sure thing is that Europe's biggest clubs are monitoring the situation very closely indeed.

Right now the saving grace for PSG is that Rabiot seems to have a very good relationship with the current coach, Thomas Tuchel who is acting as intermediary between the board and the player/agent due to the bad feeling between board and player who won't talk to the club's heirachy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In all honesty, everything PSG is about and stands for would definitely seem like Mourinho's spiritual home.  Surprised he hasn't gone there before as he can boost his honours count artificially in the domestic scene and then use billion pound players to defend their way to Champions League glory and become eternal... He definitely wouldn't let us forget it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Adrien Rabiot: PSG midfielder's decision to leave backed by Fifpro

2 hours ago | European Football

French midfielder Adrien Rabiot has received support from the global union of professional footballers (Fifpro) as he tries to "buy his freedom" from PSG.

Rabiot's contract is due to expire in the summer and the 23-year-old's agent says he is "determined to leave".

He was left out of Tuesday's win over Orleans, with PSG reportedly planning to sideline him "indefinitely".

His agent and mother Veronique Rabiot told radio station RTL the situation had "totally deteriorated".

In a statement, Fifpro said Rabiot "has the right not to sign" a new deal.

Rabiot has reportedly been told by PSG's sporting director Antero Henrique that he will not play for the club again until he signs a new deal, and   RTL says the French champions will allow him to leave the Parc des Princes in the summer.

Fifpro added: "Is football about winning matches or making profits? Jean-Marc Bosman fought for this right and Fifpro defend it."

Former Belgian player Bosman fought alongside the union in the 1990s for the free movement of European players in the European Union.

Rabiot had been linked with a move to Barcelona last summer, something his mother confirmed she was aware of, while Liverpool are also reportedly interested in the midfielder, who has won six caps for France.

"We're not allowed to talk to any club until 1 January and I will not discuss with any club before 1 January," she told the French radio station.

"During the transfer window of summer, I had told Mr. Henrique that I wanted Adrien on the transfer list and he wanted to leave.

"The club did not want to sell Adrien. There was a proposal from Barcelona during the transfer window - the club refused. The club has the full right to refuse, but we can not say he was not aware.

"The situation was the same four years ago. When Adrien was 19, he did not resist and signed an extension. Now he is 23. What he is doing now is buying his freedom.

"It is firm and definitive. It is impossible to go back."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46635372

Edited by CaaC - John
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
Quote

Contract rebel Rabiot ruled out of contention at PSG amid Barcelona & Chelsea talk

Jon Fisher - 14:28 18/01/2019

The France international midfielder, who continues to run his deal down towards free agency, will not be considered for duty by Thomas Tuchel

Thomas Tuchel has confirmed Adrien Rabiot is not available for selection due to his contract stand-off at Paris Saint-Germain.

Rabiot has refused to sign a new deal at the Parc des Princes and, as it stands, will leave on a free transfer at the end of the season.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi is reportedly furious at the stance taken by the France midfielder and ordered he train with the reserves, ruling him out of contention for the first-team squad.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/contract-rebel-rabiot-ruled-out-of-contention-at-psg-amid/1viqgchlfzkit17mgmor6pkur8

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

Neymar To Miss Manchester United Tie After Being Ruled Out With Injury For 10 Weeks

Updated: 30 January 2019 18:12 IST

Neymar would be out for 10 weeks with a metatarsal injury.

Agence France-Presse

Neymar will miss both legs of Paris Saint-Germain's upcoming Champions League last-16 tie against Manchester United after the French club confirmed on Wednesday that the world's most expensive player would be out for 10 weeks with a metatarsal injury. However, Neymar will not undergo an operation, with PSG saying the Brazilian had instead agreed on "a conservative treatment" that could see him return in time for the Champions League quarter-finals in April should they qualify.

"After detailed analysis by specialists, a consensus was reached of a conservative treatment of Neymar's injury to the fifth right metatarsal," the French champions said. "Informed of this recommendation, Paris Saint-Germain's Brazilian international striker agreed with this protocol. As a result, Neymar is expected to return to the field within 10 weeks."

https://sports.ndtv.com/football/neymar-to-miss-manchester-united-tie-after-being-ruled-with-injury-out-for-10-weeks-1985698

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

1847400459_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.e0cd9231dca0bd50b653bfef9042418f.png

Neymar: Paris St-Germain forward's three-game European ban upheld

Neymar's three-match European ban has been upheld after Uefa rejected an appeal by his club Paris St-Germain.

The PSG forward, 27, was charged with insulting match officials after their Champions League exit at home to Manchester United on 6 March.

Neymar described as "a disgrace" the award of a decisive 94th-minute United penalty in their last-16 second leg match.

He also wrote in an Instagram post that the penalty "doesn't exist".

Neymar will now miss half of next season's Champions League group stage.

The forward was injured with a broken metatarsal and missed both legs of the European knockout tie - which United won as a result of the penalty converted by Marcus Rashford.

Referee Damir Skomina reviewed footage of a Diogo Dalot shot striking the hand of PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe before awarding the visitors the injury-time spot-kick, having initially given a corner.

The penalty ensured a 3-1 win in Paris for United, who went through to the Champions League quarter-finals on away goals after the tie ended 3-3 on aggregate.

Neymar wrote: "It's a disgrace. Four guys who know nothing about football watch a slow-motion replay in front of the television.

"What can he do with his hand while his back is turned?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48692854

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

A feel like a lot of people don't like him, but he's such a character and a guy you love having on your team. 

Congrats to him on reaching 40...that's an insane number once you think about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Xavi Simons leaves Barcelona to go to PSG.

@SirBalon

 

Was just reading it now. It’s a long story to be honest from what I’ve been reading and it’s sad that Barça have lost him. Barcelona don’t offer professional contracts until you’re 16 and now it was his turn. They offered him €200k a season for his first professional year but he wanted to go straight into the ‘B’ team and not what he was offered which was the junior cadets.

Unfortunately for Xavi Simons, three other players in his category outshone him last season and there are only three places open every new season for the ‘B’ team. He lost out and got really upset.

There’s more to the story but those are the basics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Unfortunately for Xavi Simons, three other players in his category outshone him last season and there are only three places open every new season for the ‘B’ team. He lost out and got really upset.

 

I find that pretty stupid and restrictive. What if there's 3 more that are good enough for the B team?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

I find that pretty stupid and restrictive. What if there's 3 more that are good enough for the B team?

Three are moved to the full team which leaves three places available to the ‘B’ team. Unless the LFP and RFEF change the rules on squad sizes, then it’s out of the club’s hands. Unless you’re suggesting they should demote a ‘B’ team player to promote a cadet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Three are moved to the full team which leaves three places available to the ‘B’ team. Unless the LFP and RFEF change the rules on squad sizes, then it’s out of the club’s hands. Unless you’re suggesting they should demote a ‘B’ team player to promote a cadet.

Oh I see, didn't realise it was an LFP/RFEF ruling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Oh I see, didn't realise it was an LFP/RFEF ruling.

Indeed mate. Like I said in my initial post, there is more to the story and another part was that he was told that he would almost definitely get into the ‘B’ team anyway because there are always ‘B’ team players that are poached or sold every summer but he was hurt by not being part of the promoted players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.694da4747ff03325896c9111185a2c8a.png

Neymar rape case dropped over a lack of evidence

Police investigating rape allegations against Brazilian football player Neymar say they have closed the case.

The São Paulo attorney general's office said the case was suspended due to a lack of evidence but will be sent to prosecutors for a final decision.

The investigation was opened after Brazilian model Najila Trindade alleged the footballer attacked her in a hotel in Paris, France, in May.

Neymar has denied the accusations, saying he is being extorted.

A spokesman for Neymar told AFP that he was not able to comment on the police decision.

The case has gripped Brazil, where it has dominated newspaper headlines.

MORE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...