talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Predicted Table

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

They won't. They couldn't have a better first game. It's an unwritten rule that we lose at Arsenal.

You should see our record on the first day of the season. Something like one win in seven if I remember correctly.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Man City.

2. Chelsea.

3. Spurs

4. Liverpool

5. Man united

6. Everton

7. Arsenal

8 Newcastle

9. Leicester

10.  West Brom

11. Stoke 

12.  Watford

13.  West ham

14.  Bournemouth

15. Southampton

16. Crystal Palace.

17.  Swansea

18. Burnley.

19.  Brighton

20. Huddersfield.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

You should see our record on the first day of the season. Something like one win in seven if I remember correctly.

Pit that against our ten straight defeats at Arsenal and something's got to give.

I said the exact same thing in April but this is the best chance we'll have in a while of getting anything. I thought we looked good on Friday and I'm a lot more confident than I was, but Arsenal is the fixture it just never falls for us. Look at that goal last year. Absolutely disgusting.

5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Has anyone improved enough to move ahead of Tottenham though? Man City probably have if everything clicks into place, but that's it. Zero chance of Spurs dropping out of the top 4 for me.

At Wembley I could see them dropping out the top 7. At white hart lane they would have a very good chance of winning the league

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Any O'Brien said:

Not sure why people are predicting us to finish so high. We need a good striker minimum or we will be right in the shit. Mitro and Gayle our only two out and out strikers which isn't acceptable. 

Never over-estimate the bottom of this league. Stoke survive comfortably every year. That tells you all you need to know.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Never over-estimate the bottom of this league. Stoke survive comfortably every year. That tells you all you need to know.

Agree, already said this but any of the bottom 13 could go down and it wouldn't be a shock.

Going to be a decent season I think - can't see any team being cut adrift anyway.

As I was called a pussy in The Championship thread for waiting until September 1st again to do my predictions I thought I'd chuck this on now and maybe edit a couple after deadline day. This is based on what deals I expect to happen:

1, Manchester City - Wenger to bubble wrap them the title with the signing of Sanchez.

2, Tottenham Hotspur - A slow start, out of Europe early, but hit there stride in he last third of the season.

3, Chelsea - Put pressure on City but not enough. Conte to go in the next twelve months.

4, Manchester United - No title challenge as they're relatively successful in Europe and Mourinho keeps using that as an excuse.

5, Arsenal - fans turn, Europa League demands surprise Wenger, but they turn up with ten games to go when it doesn't matter.

6, Liverpool - Klopps not left with the squad he wants. This creates problems and he eventually walks.

7, Everton - They put a lot more pressure on the top six keeping fans happy with Koeman. Season after they really look to push.

8, Southampton- An easy run of fixtures gives Pellegrino the chance to embed his ideas and they spend the whole season without being in any real danger.

9, Bournemouth- Everyone's proud of little old Bournemouth forgetting how much money they've spent.

10, West Ham - another 12 months of managerial uncertainty and pissed off fans.

11, Leicester City - Is Shakespeare really the man the owners want to take the club forward? I guess we will find out when they finished mid table.

12, Watford - Marco Silva to hit the ground running but then fade in the second half of the season giving the owner some an excuse to sack him. 

13, West Brom - lack of signings to piss off Pulis and there season depends on how the owners deal with that.

14, Stoke City - Hughes to go at the end of the season when the board recognize how depressed the fan base is.

15, Crystal Palace - They'll pull there finger out in the second half of the season like they always do.

16, Brighton and Hove Albion - most equipped of the new comers to survive but I can't have them above Palace.

17, Swansea City - Clement to do reasonably well with what he's got.

18, Huddersfield Town - I fancy them to be competitive but not competitive enough.

19, Burnley - They'll be relying on some of the teams above to mess up to avoid being relegated.

20, Newcastle United - lack of investment over the summer, Rafa to walk, back to square one.

Just heard Micky Quinn on the radio predict Liverpool will finish second because he didn't want to look biased and thinks they'll win the league if they sign Van Dijk.

I think it's hit a point now where any pundit associated with Liverpool should be banned as when it comes to them they talk absolute shite. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I'm sure Micky Quinn has predicted Liverpool will win the league 3 or 4 times in the last 6 years.

there's always next season where he can do the same thing again :D 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Toony said:

Agree, already said this but any of the bottom 13 could go down and it wouldn't be a shock.

Going to be a decent season I think - can't see any team being cut adrift anyway.

We turned up for about a third of the season and survived by about ten points. It's amazing some of the dross that stays up.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Just heard Micky Quinn on the radio predict Liverpool will finish second because he didn't want to look biased and thinks they'll win the league if they sign Van Dijk.

I think it's hit a point now where any pundit associated with Liverpool should be banned as when it comes to them they talk absolute shite. 

I heard that and had a little chuckle. Bloke's embarrassing at times.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Vast majority of them are an absolute embarrassment aren't they. Carragher's alright to be fair but the rest of them are just rent-a-quote's who will say what the fans want to hear to boost their popularity. This particular prediction is about the same as Leon Osman coming out and saying Everton will finish 4th and he's only not saying 3rd because we haven't signed Sigurdsson yet. It's not impossible for Liverpool to finish 2nd or 3rd but looking at how this summer's gone there is no balanced logic that says they have a good chance of finishing any higher than they did last season.

On 05/08/2017 at 4:35 PM, RandoEFC said:

Imagine if someone other than the obvious top 7 finishes in the top 7. Seems unthinkable.

Southampton could. It was only 2 seasons ago that neither Liverpool or everton finished in the top 7

It would be good if someone did get into the top 7. It wouldn't be that big a surprise, it's not uncommon for someone to have one hell of a run one year that doesn't usually.

If someone qualified for Europe via the league from the expected bottom 13 that would give us all hope.

On 05/08/2017 at 10:08 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Tottenham

5. Man Utd

6. Everton

7. Arsenal

8. West Ham

9. Crystal Palace

10. Bournemouth

11. Southampton

12. Leicester

13. Newcastle

14. West Brom

15. Watford

16. Huddersfield

17. Stoke City

18. Swansea

19. Brighton

20. Burnley

Editing my prediction to drop Man Utd down to 5th :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Like I said in mine I don't think it's beyond either Everton or Liverpool to have a poor year. Everton have a real lack of pace in their side I think and I'm not convinced by their forwards. If they plan on using Rooney as their main forward I think they could flop.

Liverpool if they sign van Dijk I think will do better than my predicted 6th. Why the hell they've signed no keeper I've no idea. Is Mignolet seriously the best they can get with their money?

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Like I said in mine I don't think it's beyond either Everton or Liverpool to have a poor year. Everton have a real lack of pace in their side I think and I'm not convinced by their forwards. If they plan on using Rooney as their main forward I think they could flop.

Liverpool if they sign van Dijk I think will do better than my predicted 6th. Why the hell they've signed no keeper I've no idea. Is Mignolet seriously the best they can get with their money?

To be fair, Mignolet was quality when he came back into the team last year and, unusually for him, it lasted the whole season. He was much more vocal with the defense and more confident when dealing with crosses, and he's started making easy saves now as well as spectacular ones. I think Klopp has faith that he's turned the corner, although he still sees Karius as the long term solution at that position.

• Subscriber

If we don't sign another striker we will struggle for goals this season. I'd back us to replace over half of Lukaku's goals through the combined efforts of Klaassen, Sandro, Rooney and Sigurdsson if he comes. We still need a 12-15 goal striker though if we want to end up better off.

It is worth noting that after Lukaku, Barkley was our top scorer last season with 5 goals then it was the likes of Valencia, Jagielka and Coleman who each got 3 if I remember correctly. We can afford to have a top scorer who is ten short of Lukaku's total if we get a handful of players making a decent contribution from elsewhere, it's not much to ask to improve from last season in that area as those numbers show. Like I say though, we need that main goal scorer who will comfortably get into double figures because Calvert-Lewin is far from ready to lead the line and Rooney and Sandro are not primarily centre forwards.

As for Liverpool, this month will be telling. Even if they get Van Dijk and Keita, that improvement will be more than offset by losing Coutinho, they have to keep him or it'll be a turbulent year for them, barring the unlikely event that they can find a good replacement for him. 

Archived