talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Predicted Table

5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

To be fair, Mignolet was quality when he came back into the team last year and, unusually for him, it lasted the whole season. He was much more vocal with the defense and more confident when dealing with crosses, and he's started making easy saves now as well as spectacular ones. I think Klopp has faith that he's turned the corner, although he still sees Karius as the long term solution at that position.

Quality is a bit of a stretch, he just wasn't as shit as before. He looked a lot more commanding in the last couple of months of the season but prior to that he was still very much the same as usual on crosses. His fuck up at Hull springs to mind. Still plenty to prove.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man United
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Southampton
9. Leicester City
10. West Ham
11.  Watford
12. Crystal Palace
13. Stoke City
14. Bournemouth
15. West Brom
16. Newcastle
17. Burnley
18. Brighton
19. Swansea
20. Huddersfield

Here's what fivethirtyeight's statistical analysis has come up with: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man United

4. Tottenham

5. Arsenal

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Southampton

9. Leicester

10. Stoke

11. West Ham

12. Burnley

13. Crystal Palace

14. Bournemouth

15. Swansea

16. West Brom

17. Watford

18. Newcastle

19. Brighton

20. Huddersfield

If you follow the link, there are probabilities for relegation, Champions League qualification and winning the league for each team, as well as some other bollocks.

I don't think it's too far off, but I think we'll do better than 6th, and I can't fathom how United's attack is rated as highly as it is after last season. Also think 12th is very optimistic for Burnley, who I fancy to go down.

1. Manchester City

2. Manchester United

3. Chelsea

4. Tottenham 

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Southampton 

9. West Ham United

10. Leicester City

11. Newcastle United

12. Stoke City

13. Crystal Palace

14. Bournemouth 

15. West Brom

16. Swansea City

17. Watford

18. Burnley

19. Brighton

20. Huddersfield 

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator
On 05/08/2017 at 11:15, Cannabis said:

Europa League (5th, 6th & 7th) - Liverpool, Everton & Spurs: 

The chasing pack for me will be Liverpool, Everton and Spurs. The latter I feel are going to really struggle at Wembley which is why I've thrown them in 7th, regardless of the good side they have I think being anonymous in the transfer market is going to bite them on the backside a little, I think with the investment Everton have made there's potential to lock down 6th place with Liverpool just pulling ahead in 5th. 

Great prediction mate :ph34r: 

On 05/08/2017 at 16:21, Kitchen Sales said:

It happens every year and gets bumped in May so people can have a look at how badly they did xD

breaking tradition!

On 06/08/2017 at 16:52, Dan said:

Wonder if Teso will put his money where his mouth is or he'll bottle it like last year. £50 from me to Teso if we go down, £50 from Teso to me if we're top half, anything else quits.

On 06/08/2017 at 16:56, Teso dos Bichos said:

im down bruh, but lets put the money towards the forum (donation for fees) 

confirmation of the bet! Still trying to find where I got in on this @Teso dos Bichos

On 8/5/2017 at 10:01, Bluewolf said:

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Tottenham

4. Liverpool

5. Chelsea

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Crystal Palace

10. Newcastle

11. Southampton

12. West Brom

13. Bournemouth

14. Leicester

15. Watford

16. Brighton

17. Stoke City

18. Swansea

19. Burnley

20. Huddersfield

Well.... not a bad top 6 call there.. Even got Toons right.. Anyone that thinks us Blues are just a bunch of doom and gloom merchants just need to read it and weep... B|

• Subscriber

My best picks:

3. Tottenham Hotspur - Wembley will affect them in my eyes, but they will eventually get used to it (why the fuck do we have to go there last day, fuck sake) and will go on to have another good season. I think if Spurs were at White Hart Lane, even despite their lack of transfer business, they might well have gone all the way - although I'm still unsure they've got the mentality to do it. Still, they're a very good side and I'll be surprised if they're out of the top 4.

4. Manchester United - I think I may be being harsh here but I still think Man Utd could probably do with a quality natural wide man, it's unreal how many times they play forwards on the wing. They will be hard to beat, but I still think they lack a real magician and that will cost them a higher placed finish.

8. Leicester City - Maybe I'm biased, who knows, but I thought last year despite being utterly horrendous for a large part of the season, we were a wrongly disallowed goal away from a 9th placed finish. It hasn't been a great pre-season, although we finished it well and the signing of Iheanacho has been met with a lot of praise. While I'm not expecting anything like two years ago, I think our home form will keep us comfortably save and I can't see us being so useless away either, although Leicester have a very tough opening two months that could set a bad tone for the season - it did last year. I expect Vardy to have a strong year, but there are question marks over the defence, and the primary creator could still leave. There's still a lot that could affect us, really.

18. Stoke City - My surprise pick, but I think Stoke look bang in trouble. I read a good article on them recently that pointed to the discontent amongst their fans. I think it makes a good case for them being relegated. https://www.football365.com/news/stoke-still-waiting-for-sunshine-after-the-rain

As well as having Crystal Palace, Swansea and Huddersfield as the three directly above the drop. Granted that could change, but that looks the most likely. I also called Huddersfield starting well, and faltering later on but still having just about enough to survive.

My worst picks:

1. Chelsea - Their squad is still a little thin, but I think they're far from finished yet in the transfer window and Conte's a fantastic manager. It won't be as one sided as last time out, but I think they will go all the way again.

6. Liverpool - Maybe a surprise but I think they could struggle a bit relative to last year. A tougher schedule with Europe and they play a demanding enough game anyway. Liverpool need to sort out their defence, their tendency to make a mess of the easier games and their appalling injury record, and I'm not convinced a single one of those will happen. They will catch the eye occasionally though, as they do.

9. Southampton - I know little about Southampton going into this season, but they normally get it right with managers so I expect their usual performance, which is not quite good enough for the top 6, but one of the best of the rest.

13. West Bromwich Albion - Another Pulis special. Pretty dreadful to watch but will pick up enough wins to survive, and you can beat they will turn some of the top six over too.

20. Burnley - Lost their key defender, could still lose Gray (although those rumours have died down somewhat) and I'm far from convinced they will sustain their home form from last season - which largely consisted of scraping 1-0s. It's great when it works, but the game against us was a great example, we were the absolute pits and it took a goal that should never have counted for them to get the win. They did well last year, but I think they're probably weaker than last year and they'll have no answers.

Failed to account for Chelsea's two yearly implosion, massively underestimated Klopp and I think they're a genuine title challenger next year, massively over-rated Southampton, massively under-rated Burnley, and totally failed to account for West Brom's abysmal form under Pulis towards the end.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Mad how I tipped Southampton and West Brom for the top half (8th and 9th respectively).

Southampton isn't mad at all. I think the bookies had them to come 8th or 9th. They had Southampton pretty even with us really and not many would've argued. I'm genuinely amazed at how bad they've been. One of the most surprising relegations in a while if they do drop.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Failed to account for Chelsea's two yearly implosion, massively underestimated Klopp and I think they're a genuine title challenger next year, massively over-rated Southampton, massively under-rated Burnley, and totally failed to account for West Brom's abysmal form under Pulis towards the end.

You weren't the only one to be fair. A few of ours, myself included, had us finishing outside the top four. Klopp's worked wonders getting us to a semi final and pretty much having a top four place secured by this stage. First eleven is great but there's no depth in our squad and I thought that would see us struggle a bit this season

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I believe it was the " QPR Fined World-Record £40m For Breaching FFP" thread. You bragged about LCFC couldnt get fined if they didn't drop down.

Teso doesnt lie and smh, Ive been taking it to the dome for 10+ years now and I still got a better memory. B|

xDxD

You complete me 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

All that negative rep for posting this? Really? 

@Blue reported me when I left him a few negative reps and I got a PM off a mod.

Mods can we please look into Blue leaving negative rep for Teso. Please let me know your findings after investigating.

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah, do I need to make a formal complaint mods? I did my part of blocking him and he still cant leave me alone. Also that HK everton cunt , OBSESSED.

To be fair, after calling me a "baby" for complaining what is breaking the rules, it wouldn't surprise me if you do it given how often you contradict yourself :D 

Who writes a formal complaint on an internet forum? Against a person who've you have no affiliation towards or even met personally? Let alone neg rep someone for disagreeing with their opinion?

Bunch of pussies 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Who writes a formal complaint on an internet forum? Against a person who've you have no affiliation towards or even met personally? Let alone neg rep someone for disagreeing with their opinion?

Bunch of pussies 

Marc and Teso apparently

23 hours ago, Storts said:

xDxD

You complete me 

23 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:$

And you complete me! I aint much of a cook but if you bless me with your presence in Alabama, I'll whip up the baddest southern dinner for my nick-nick :$

latest?cb=20140206031205

Archived