talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Match Chat - 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a worrying dip in form recently. Draws against Hibs and Rangers, and ofc the Hearts disaster, all in a short time. The match yesterday was the first time in years that I felt that Rangers could have won it, which at home is unacceptable. A draw at home where we miss chances and they nick a late equaliser is annoying but understandable, but not that kinda draw. 

Hopefully one or two more players arrive in January, Dembele goes for a decent fee, the Brodge settles on Griffiths and Eduoard, and the team finds consistency again. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Boyata should make do like GMS and go for a wee midnight swim in a freezing river somewhere.

Preferably far away from anyone who might find him in time.

I don't think Celtic's other defenders have covered themselves in glory either.

13 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I don't think Celtic's other defenders have covered themselves in glory either.

Doesn’t help that Rodgers’s response to a lack of centre backs is to play 3 centre backs and shoehorn-in Boyata whilst Sinclair, Roberts and Musonda sit on the bench.

I've praised Rodgers a lot last season for making a team that was way above the sum of its parts but today he is being rescued by individual attacking quality.

Rangers looked the more cohesive side on Hogmanay and it's the same today. 

• Subscriber

Great game so far - really disappointing to see Celtic equalise on the stroke of half time although it had definitely been coming. Both teams look poor defensively. Rangers look great going forward, and as Inverted says Celtic have obvious individual talent going forward that can score a goal at any time.

Really hope Rangers can continue second half and push on and get the winner. Scottish football needs it, but more importantly I think Rangers need to. They've made some big strides this season, but until they can clear this hurdle and hopefully allow them to start establishing themselves more then we will continue with the complete Celtic dominance. 

• Subscriber

Harsh sending off that, probably a foul and a yellow but not sure he meant it and it was soft contact. Rangers got to take this chance now 

Edit: Actually watching that back again, it's definitely a red 

I swear to fuck the board could’ve made this team twice as good just by spending a few million on a couple of centre backs as opposed to just signing Compper for £1 mil when he’s clearly not even rated.

Pretty solid red but the lineman screaming red is a Conervative MP so I’m absolutely still going to slate him for being a biased Tory bastard.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Harsh sending off that, probably a foul and a yellow but not sure he meant it and it was soft contact. Rangers got to take this chance now 

Edit: Actually watching that back again, it's definitely a red 

Not sure what game the commentators are watching "barely a foul". It was a clear elbow to the face.

• Subscriber
Just now, Rab said:

Not sure what game the commentators are watching "barely a foul". It was a clear elbow to the face.

Ha yeah - when you watch the replay it's really obvious. Couldn't have a more clear cut red xD

In real time when I was watching looked soft, but they've seen all the replays and still don't seem to grasp it.

Got to take this chance now. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I swear to fuck the board could’ve made this team twice as good just by spending a few million on a couple of centre backs as opposed to just signing Compper for £1 mil when he’s clearly not even rated.

Pretty solid red but the lineman screaming red is a Conervative MP so I’m absolutely still going to slate him for being a biased Tory bastard.

Is that Douglas Ross? xD I thought I recognised him 

4 minutes ago, Rab said:

I'd like to know what the commentators thought he was actually trying to do with his elbow so high. "He's looking at the ball" is hardly an excuse.

Boyota makes another mistake, Rangers can't take advantage. Then Celtic go down the other end and their individual talent shows again.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived