talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Match Chat - 2017/18

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, ScoRoss said:

I'd like to know what the commentators thought he was actually trying to do with his elbow so high. "He's looking at the ball" is hardly an excuse.

Boyota makes another mistake, Rangers can't take advantage. Then Celtic go down the other end and their individual talent shows again.

Celtic's three goals have been absolutely top drawer 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the current score, I'm still fairly confident of a decent result. Rangers' teams of the last few years would have given up in this time of game with this type of result.

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Is that Douglas Ross? xD I thought I recognised him 

Yup.

The centre backs have basically been trying as hard as possible to lose the game and the forwards have conjured up 3 wonder goals. Completely disjointed. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Absolutely no right winning that one. 

I'll take it though.

Not sure about that - Rangers were really poor second half, particularly after the sending off, didn't do enough. 

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not sure about that - Rangers were really poor second half, particularly after the seconding off, didn't do enough. 

In any case it's getting closer and closer that Rangers are going to win one of these games, and this is the worst performance against them yet under Rodgers.

It took 3 brilliant individual goals and Murty doing nothing to exploit the extra man, plus Morelos' howler to get the result. 

• Administrator

Rodgers's team showed 'great character champion mentality'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43363941

Ten-man Celtic "showed their champion mentality" by coming from behind to sink rivals Rangers at Ibrox, says manager Brendan Rodgers.

Odsonne Edouard's second-half strike sealed a gripping 3-2 derby triumph, following Jozo Simunovic's dismissal.

Celtic have climbed nine points clear of Rangers - with a game in hand - at the Scottish Premiership summit.

"You always have to have humility in your approach to the game and respect your opponent," Rodgers said.

"There was a lot of noise before the game, but that's natural - they've been on a good run and at home, thinking they could get the victory.

"But I think the players today showed their quality and that real champion mentality. It's a big step for us to go nine points clear with a game in hand, but we still have a lot of work to do.

"An absolutely brilliant win and a great day for the supporters."

Once again, absolutely no creative chemistry. Against 10 men for most of the match, and all they  can muster is a few threatening-looking long-shots. Then, when Sinclair has an easy chance to square it at the death in a 3-on-2, he takes the shot and blows it.

Abysmal.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Once again, absolutely no creative chemistry. Against 10 men for most of the match, and all they  can muster is a few threatening-looking long-shots. Then, when Sinclair has an easy chance to square it at the death in a 3-on-2, he takes the shot and blows it.

Abysmal.

Were Celtic playing with a back 3 again? Seems Rodgers has taken a bit of a liking to it recently and it seems a bit of a waste of Celtic's player to me.

45 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Were Celtic playing with a back 3 again? Seems Rodgers has taken a bit of a liking to it recently and it seems a bit of a waste of Celtic's player to me.

Another weird hybrid formation. McGregor was kinda left-wing but covering Boyata on the left. Ajer was kinda right of a 3 but with some license to go forward and Forrest sometimes tracking back on his right. 

Tbh I get that we have no real options at full back without Tierney and Lustig but these weird, forced shapes end up cramming in an extra midfielder and centre back at the cost of any real coherence in attack. 

Id much rather just play a back four, a midfield 3 like Ntcham-Brown-McGregor and something like Forrest-Dembele-Sinclair up front with proper attacking full-backs either side. 

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Another weird hybrid formation. McGregor was kinda left-wing but covering Boyata on the left. Ajer was kinda right of a 3 but with some license to go forward and Forrest sometimes tracking back on his right. 

Tbh I get that we have no real options at full back without Tierney and Lustig but these weird, forced shapes end up cramming in an extra midfielder and centre back at the cost of any real coherence in attack. 

Id much rather just play a back four, a midfield 3 like Ntcham-Brown-McGregor and something like Forrest-Dembele-Sinclair up front with proper attacking full-backs either side. 

They could have a right back, but then they loaned Ralston to Dundee United. He may not be at the level required just yet, but I don't see much harm in prioritising the overall shape of the team over just playing the 'best' players.

Forrest is wasted as a wing back, it limits his ability to attack and he isn't as good a defender as an actual full back.

And playing three at the back, and then having Brown sitting in front of them is a compete waste of time in most games that Celtic play.

6 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

They could have a right back, but then they loaned Ralston to Dundee United. He may not be at the level required just yet, but I don't see much harm in prioritising the overall shape of the team over just playing the 'best' players.

Forrest is wasted as a wing back, it limits his ability to attack and he isn't as good a defender as an actual full back.

And playing three at the back, and then having Brown sitting in front of them is a compete waste of time in most games that Celtic play.

The best I can remember the team playing is with Brown playing between two split centre backs and building from there. 

In hindisght Ralston absolutely could be playing right now. No idea what's happened with Gamboa but he's as good as not here. Ajer could play RB but tbh he's needed at CB because for some reason Compper is getting no real chance. The problem is also the lack of cover for Tierney. 

The transfer business has just been a colossal mess. 

• Subscriber

Must be a bit shite having no competition in the league and having it won by Christmas meaning you have to sit through about 20 matches which are pretty much dead rubbers because your under 21s could win half of them.

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Must be a bit shite having no competition in the league and having it won by Christmas meaning you have to sit through about 20 matches which are pretty much dead rubbers because your under 21s could win half of them.

Wrong thread mate.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Inverted said:

Wrong thread mate.

Yeah funny, I'm not having a dig but as a Celtic fan you must get bored of the league being a done deal almost before a ball is kicked each season? If it was me I'd find that fun for about 3 years, then get bored and want someone to challenge.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah funny, I'm not having a dig but as a Celtic fan you must get bored of the league being a done deal almost before a ball is kicked each season? If it was me I'd find that fun for about 3 years, then get bored and want someone to challenge.

I mean, I'm a purist. When I see my team play entertaining football, I enjoy it whether its the start of the season or near the end when the title's practically wrapped-up. Likewise, it annoys the shit out of me when we play crap, even if it only means we drop a couple of points and it doesn't really make any difference to our season. I was fuming when Hearts beat us 4-0, even though I knew that we'd get back on track and hold onto 1st regardless. It even bugged me in the Old Firm last week, because we just won on individual talent and weren't very good overall. So actually, no matter how competitive it is, I'm still invested. I'm certainly not sitting here wishing that Rangers would get their act together and win the title. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wrong thread but I'm not creating a topic for one small thing.

What sort of result is this? xD

Screenshot_20180331-182639.png

gets better mate.

look how many goals they've conceded at the bottom.

s.PNG

26 games. 147 goals conceded :o

• The topic was unpinned

Archived