• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
53 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Half time upsets so far...

Accrington beating Preston 

Portsmouth winning away at Cardiff

Wimbledon beating Brentford 

Preston just scored in stoppage time to make it 2-2. Accrington then went up the other end to make it 3-2 xD 

Barnsley being held at home to Morecambe 3-3.

• Subscriber

Trying to pick out interesting results from tonight but there aren't many.

Accrington Stanley 3-2 Preston

A dramatic finish here saw Jordan Hugill equalise for Preston in the 90th minute, his second of the game, only for Billy Kee to score in stoppage time and send Accrington through this local derby.

Wigan 2-1 Blackpool

Another all North West clash between two recent Premier League clubs saw Wigan come out on top.

Barnsley 4-3 Morecambe

Ryan Hedges scores a late winner to decide this seven goal thriller.

Tomorrow looks more interesting with Aston Villa, Bolton, Leeds and Sheffield United among those in action.

• Administrator

Villa went ahead after a keeper error. They immediately conceded a penalty to Colchester, which Mandron missed.

Then Villa went 2-0 up through a Kent own goal. Adomah was offside though before the cross was put in.

Conditions making for an interesting game. Chris Samba is a total liability in Villa's defence.

Samuel Saiz scored a hat trick on his debut tonight against Port Vale.

We had to wait a long time to seal that transfer and tonight we now found out why. The lad looks very sharp. Finishing was top drawer...

He started in Real Madrid's youth teams and seems to have played mainly for Spanish B teams. We signed him from Huesca where he supposedly did well last year.

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS Have you guys ever heard of him? Thoroughly impressed tonight...

wire-1107023-1502315114-171_634x356.thumb.jpg.76ed69238fa176ab314a83e2e972f315.jpg

• Subscriber

Strange lack of upsets so far.

Draw should already be made. What the fuck they're thinking putting Bury v Sunderland on Thursday I've no idea. Piss around with both teams fixtures lists, for that?

No winners. That's football overkill.

Five potential new grounds for me in round two. Newport, Rochdale, Barnet, Bristol Rovers and Grimsby, although Grimsby aren't through and I've no idea what they'll do as regards to seeding as Grimsby would be unseeded and Derby seeded.

We can actually draw Forest. Surely we won't xD

• Subscriber

Why are the televised games Wednesday and Thursday rather than Tuesday and Wednesday? Strange.

Watched tonight's game, had Villa over 1.5 goals and enjoyed the end to end nature of the first half, second half meh. Also had a double on Leeds and Darlington to win which came off and bet on Sheffield United to come back and win when they fell behind at decent odds. Successful evening so happy with a lack of upsets.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Samuel Saiz scored a hat trick on his debut tonight against Port Vale.

We had to wait a long time to seal that transfer and tonight we now found out why. The lad looks very sharp. Finishing was top drawer...

He started in Real Madrid's youth teams and seems to have played mainly for Spanish B teams. We signed him from Huesca where he supposedly did well last year.

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS Have you guys ever heard of him? Thoroughly impressed tonight...

wire-1107023-1502315114-171_634x356.thumb.jpg.76ed69238fa176ab314a83e2e972f315.jpg

Yeah, I've heard of him because I follow Lugo's fortunes in Spain's second division...  I heard more about him in his Atlético Madrid 'B' stint and remember he was part of the first team squad for a while but never played.  He could end up being a coup for you guys as at times what players need is a complete change of scenery.

I won't lie, I have genuinely have never heard of the guy unfortunately(well I have now, but hadn't previous to him signing for Leeds), mainly because he's never played in the first division and hasn't even played much in the second division, which I haven't been taking much notice of itself in the past season or 2. I will have to keep an eye out for him though now.

If it's not la liga or the segunda division then I generally won't know too much about them unless they are young promising players or play for Barcelona B.

One thing I will say is that various players who are in their mid 20s from Spain have come out of nowhere from the lower leagues to succeed for a period at a higher level in recent years, so you could be seeing another example here.

Good win for us on Tuesday at Coventry. We needed it to kick start our season after our opening day loss to Southend. Pleased that Samuel has got off the mark for us, and goals coming from midfield in Evans and Smallwood. Hoping for a decent draw in the next round! A home tie to a PL club would be nice, but please not the dingles....

2 hours ago, roversgirl said:

Good win for us on Tuesday at Coventry. We needed it to kick start our season after our opening day loss to Southend. Pleased that Samuel has got off the mark for us, and goals coming from midfield in Evans and Smallwood. Hoping for a decent draw in the next round! A home tie to a PL club would be nice, but please not the dingles....

xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived