• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 8th August - UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid 2-1 Manchester United

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Real rightfully took what was theirs and tbh United could have done a lot better with their chances in front of goal. I still want someone to tell me what's so special about Paul Pogba because he looks like a waste of space on the pitch and I wonder why Mourinho even plays him. Doesn't know to disrupt play, runs into cul-de-sacs like a homing pigeon and hasn't got the presence of mind to pass to an open team-mate. Then he'll score the occasional goal and all of the sudden the price is right? Weird. Anyways, that RM midfield is quite stellar. If United could have closed down Modric and Isco I think they might have stood a chance but the way they moved the ball it would have been a miracle. 

Going to be a long season for United and maybe they won't find the same attack caliber in the PL but this team doesn't look like it has completely gelled yet and will take some time to unlock doors with teams that are ultra-defensive.

Classic Mourinho: "with a video referee we would've had 1-1 and penalties"

Does this retard not know how reality works? Whether or not a team scores hugely influences the balance and momentum of a game, so you can never just subtract one goal made in the first 25 minutes and say "we would've won if it weren't for that one".

Man Utd don't look to have improved that much with those signings.

There's clearly something missing. The defence is not a fortress, the midfield can't dominate games and the attack has a lot of problems opening up ultra-defensive teams.

They will probably finish in the top 4, in the Premier League, but won't go far in the Champions League.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived