talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz - Leaves Chelsea for Arsenal

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Wonder what they see in him to want to replace someone like Benzema with him.

From a goalscoring perspective, not sure.

But Ancelotti did say he wants someone that can drop in and link play so maybe they see the potential in him.

Let's be honest, Chelsea's record of strikers doesn't ever make them a bad player, they are just a bad player when playing for Chelsea.

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Surely they should be chucking everything they can at Kane? 

Don’t think he wants to leave the Premier League until he’s broken the goalscoring record, I imagine they probably already know that

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

From a goalscoring perspective, not sure.

But Ancelotti did say he wants someone that can drop in and link play so maybe they see the potential in him.

Let's be honest, Chelsea's record of strikers doesn't ever make them a bad player, they are just a bad player when playing for Chelsea.

They want a versatile forward so who ever in the attack gets injured, Havertz will replace them. 

Now confirmed the package to bring Kai Havertz to Real Madrid will be much cheaper. Talks about a total deal of around €50-60m + bonus payments as Chelsea has to sell players. (via @Plettigoal / @SkySportDE)

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Don’t think he wants to leave the Premier League until he’s broken the goalscoring record, I imagine they probably already know that

I don't see why that would be more important to him than getting a genuine shot at going to a club that's expected to contend and that can probably get him some silverware before he retires. The record is a nice personal achievement... but unless Real Madrid or Barca end up signing the freak from Man City, I don't think he'll be hanging onto that record for very long.

I think it's hard for any striker if Real Madrid come calling asking you to be the Benzema replacement... to say no to that. If he wants to stay in England to break that record and have as good of a chance at winning titles as he would at Real Madrid... he's basically got one option: Man City (and then he's got a better chance of winning titles)... but City don't need him at all.

Havertz being linked with Madrid is pretty funny though. Don't see why or how they would need/want him.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

So true... We seem to go through these phases where we either take someone with a good record and turn them into donkey's or we get someone like Drogba who can bang them in for fun... We must surely be on the 'good striker that does the business' part of our cycle now... 

Dom Fifield was of the opinion last month they'd be after Roberto Firmino on a free transfer, so it may be that they're targeting two forwards who can link others in to play as opposed to putting the weight and expectation of replacing Benzema on one player.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Dom Fifield was of the opinion last month they'd be after Roberto Firmino on a free transfer, so it may be that they're targeting two forwards who can link others in to play as opposed to putting the weight and expectation of replacing Benzema on one player.

I would be very sad if Firmino ended up playing for that pack of cunts

I don’t like Real Madrid but it is the one club you can’t fault someone for playing for. AND their team just keeps getting more likeable with these last players leaving.

The theory seems to be that he might be brought in to play the position Xhaka did last season. On the left of a midfield three, making late runs into the box. Not sure if the defensive side of his game is developed enough to play that role so that'd be a risk.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

The theory seems to be that he might be brought in to play the position Xhaka did last season. On the left of a midfield three, making late runs into the box. Not sure if the defensive side of his game is developed enough to play that role so that'd be a risk.

I assumed that would've been Rice.

Havertz as a CM seems like tactical suicide. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't understand why they think he's worth that much tbh.

The idea of Kai Havertz is much more appealing than the reality. Think Arsenal will learn to realise that soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

The idea of Kai Havertz is much more appealing than the reality. Think Arsenal will learn to realise that soon enough. 

Just seems like a textbook case of falling upwards. I don't think he's done anything in the last 3 years that demonstrates he's worth that much. And I know the problem with Chelsea isn't so much that the players aren't talented, but the systems haven't been great. But he just seems like a player that's been given a chance all over the pitch to demonstrate where their best position is... and I have no idea what his best position is at all.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But he just seems like a player that's been given a chance all over the pitch to demonstrate where their best position is... and I have no idea what his best position is at all.

This.

Yeah there's a case for Werner as he was never really given a proper chance in his strongest position, but Havertz has been utilised by 3 different managers and was given the most patience by management out of any attacker since he's been here. He's the same player that arrived in 2020. 

He's living off his CL final goal, and It's funny because I was talking to another Chelsea fan and we were in both agreement that had Ederson not come out of his goal, we both unanimously believed Havertz would miss that one on one in the Champions League final. 

• The title was changed to Kai Havertz - Could Leave Chelsea for Arsenal
  • The title was changed to Kai Havertz - Leaves Chelsea for Arsenal

Archived