talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern Sign Raphaël Guerreiro on a free transfer

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only league in the world that the annual second best club often loses players to the big dog. The rate that Bayern gets free transfers of top quality players is far too suspicious.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

The only league in the world that the annual second best club often loses players to the big dog. The rate that Bayern gets free transfers of top quality players is far too suspicious.

I mean the last transfer with Dortmund was them getting Süle on the free from us so thats why I ask. The second sentiment is somewhat true, the Laimer deals been basically done since January but still not announced as a caveat to that.  

This one does feel different though. There was no mention of this at all until the last week or so really. The only mention of Gurrero's situation was that he wasn't coming back to Dortmund which was quite awhile back. I forget but I think they had already lined up a replacement maybe even in January for the summer. 

6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean the last transfer with Dortmund was them getting Süle on the free from us so thats why I ask. The second sentiment is somewhat true, the Laimer deals been basically done since January but still not announced as a caveat to that.  

This one does feel different though. There was no mention of this at all until the last week or so really. The only mention of Gurrero's situation was that he wasn't coming back to Dortmund which was quite awhile back. I forget but I think they had already lined up a replacement maybe even in January for the summer. 

Don’t get me wrong, they are within in their rights to do so but the frequency this happens makes me very suspicious. Of both clubs really

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Don’t get me wrong, they are within in their rights to do so but the frequency this happens makes me very suspicious. Of both clubs really

It's clear Bayern get into the players to run their contracts down in order to avoid a transfer fee. 

How many free transfers have they managed to pull off now.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Is there no real rivalry between Dortmund and Bayern? The players don't seem to view it as a big deal.

Historically none at all. With the rise of Dortmund in the late 2000's early 2010's there was somewhat of a sporting rivalry and the creation of "Der Klassiker" but its a fabrication really and nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Historically none at all. With the rise of Dortmund in the late 2000's early 2010's there was somewhat of a sporting rivalry and the creation of "Der Klassiker" but its a fabrication really and nothing more. 

I think that's the main reason people outside Germany are always annoyed/disappointed/surprised by Dortmund players moving to Bayern. For us, Bayern v. Dortmund is what the Bundesliga's popularity outside Germany was built on.

34 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Is there no real rivalry between Dortmund and Bayern? The players don't seem to view it as a big deal.

Why would there be a real rivalry? The distance between München and Dortmund is 630km, which is over 390 miles, ffs. All this Klassiker talk is a Spanish invention, because they wanted to sell that match similarly to Real Madrid- Barca. Dortmund rivals are, first and foremost, Schalke. Also traditional rivalries of Bayern are 1860 München and Nürnberg, the latter have even more titles to their name than Dortmund.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Only directly competing for trophies, the literal definition of the word. No animosity, maybe.

People think rivalry = hatred for some reason 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Only directly competing for trophies, the literal definition of the word. No animosity, maybe.

People think rivalry = hatred for some reason 

Well, in this sense Bayern's rivalry to Dortmund is the same as that to any other Buli club. That's not worth mentioning, if we're honest.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, in this sense Bayern's rivalry to Dortmund is the same as that to any other Buli club. That's not worth mentioning, if we're honest.

Not at all, Dortmund put the pressure on Bayern literally to the last minute this season.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Not at all, Dortmund put the pressure on Bayern literally to the last minute this season.

Think I formulated misunderstandably: I meant,  it doesn't deserve any emphasis, two teams competing in the same league are rivals of some kind.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Think I formulated misunderstandably: I meant,  it doesn't deserve any emphasis, two teams competing in the same league are rivals of some kind.

Yeah thats kinda why I used the word sporting rivalry. Its not in the traditional sense of the word a rivalry. That sort of thing changes year in year out as well even.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I agree with you fully. I just think  rivalry is a bad word for derby, enemy, or animosity.

• The title was changed to Bayern Sign Raphaël Guerrero on a free transfer
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Didn't Bayern bail Dortmund out of bankruptcy and liquidation? so maybe as part of the terms of repayment they get to use Dortmund as a feeder club

Bankruptcy yes; liquidation no, though.

PS: Neither the club members of BVB, nor the ones of Bayern had accepted such a deal.

• The title was changed to Bayern Sign Raphaël Guerreiro on a free transfer

Archived