talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riyad Mahrez Joins Al-Ahli

football forum

• The title was changed to Riyad Mahrez on Saudi Target List
  • 4 weeks later...

Gundogan, Mahrez, Silva, Cancelo and Walker either gone or leaving is going to be a bit of a hit on city.  I think Arsenal and Liverpool are substantially stronger which may make this season quite interesting.

Liverpool have done smart business signing two young stars for not a whole lot in modern terms while city missed on Bellingham, Rice and Ceicedo.   Game on 6th is new season.

39 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Gundogan, Mahrez, Silva, Cancelo and Walker either gone or leaving is going to be a bit of a hit on city.  I think Arsenal and Liverpool are substantially stronger which may make this season quite interesting.

Liverpool have done smart business signing two young stars for not a whole lot in modern terms while city missed on Bellingham, Rice and Ceicedo.   Game on 6th is new season.

We lost a load last season too with Sterling, Jesus, Zinc etc but im sure we will bring players in and our first 11 without them players still looks strong 

Ederson

Stones              Dias

Akanji                    Rodrigo            Gvardiol

Foden          De Bruyne        Grealish

Alvarez               Haaland

Edited by Happy Blue

7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We lost a load last season too with Sterling, Jesus, Zinc etc but im sure we will bring players in and our first 11 without them players still looks strong 

Ederson

Stones              Dias

Akanji                    Rodrigo            Gvardiol

Foden          De Bruyne        Grealish

Alvarez               Haaland

last season you replaced Jesus and sterling with Haaland and Alvarez.

the board is clearing and you haven't made notable signings, gavardiol is not done as Leipzig want 100m, you also got told no for Botman.   i think you need a left and right back to go with a wide forward minimum.

losing Silva, gundogan and Mahrez is a real kick in the nuts

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

last season you replaced Jesus and sterling with Haaland and Alvarez.

the board is clearing and you haven't made notable signings, gavardiol is not done as Leipzig want 100m, you also got told no for Botman.   i think you need a left and right back to go with a wide forward minimum.

losing Silva, gundogan and Mahrez is a real kick in the nuts

We not playing with FB's so we don't need any,  Gvardiol will get done when he's back from holiday and we will sign more players, we looking at Valverde, De Jong, Kimmich, Mbappe might be available, we will get good replacements so not worried about who we lose tbh

Had his medical, great player for us and Leicester he goes with our thanks. we need a world class winger now but Foden is good on the right, depends if Bernardo stays or goes, PSG low ball offer so far was rejected

Edited by Happy Blue

55 minutes ago, Devil said:

Replaced Gundogan with Kovacic, only lost Mahrez so far haven't they?

How have they gone a bit thin?

Silva, Walker and Cancelo all needing or wanting to go.  

the midfield has no depth and Kovacic is a big step down.  An injury to Foden and th ere is nobody there.

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Silva, Walker and Cancelo all needing or wanting to go.  

the midfield has no depth and Kovacic is a big step down.  An injury to Foden and th ere is nobody there.

Kovavic is a big step up?

He's played for Real Madrid and Chelsea. He's also played in a world cup final.

4 champions league winner medals as well.

But yeah, City huge step up. 

Are you mental

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Kovavic is a big step up?

He's played for Real Madrid and Chelsea. He's also played in a world cup final.

4 champions league winner medals as well.

But yeah, City huge step up. 

Are you mental

We still have Bernardo too at the minute, Pep dont want to sell him. probably just need an extra mid and we should be good

• The title was changed to Riyad Mahrez Joining Al-Ahli

I didn't realise Mahrez was 32, I thought he was about 29/30 tops.

It's a good move for him. Not easy being in and out of a team all the time, especially not at his age, and he's won enough there.

I actually think City allowing him to go, possibly talk of Walker/Laporte too, Gundogan etc is actually not a bad tactic. You want to keep the squad refreshed and hungry for titles, the moment you stagnate is when the level drops and I think Pep was really concious of that last season.

• The title was changed to Riyad Mahrez Joins Al-Ahli