talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riyad Mahrez Joins Al-Ahli

football forum

42 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I didn't realise Mahrez was 32, I thought he was about 29/30 tops.

It's a good move for him. Not easy being in and out of a team all the time, especially not at his age, and he's won enough there.

I actually think City allowing him to go, possibly talk of Walker/Laporte too, Gundogan etc is actually not a bad tactic. You want to keep the squad refreshed and hungry for titles, the moment you stagnate is when the level drops and I think Pep was really concious of that last season.

The wages he's been offered are mental, can't blame the guy the cashing out at his age, probably only had a season left with us anyway, good luck to him

News already out

Riyad Mahrez: Winger completes £30m Al Ahli move from Man City after five years at Etihad Stadium

Riyad Mahrez has ended a five-year spell at Manchester City by joining Saudi Arabian side Al Ahli in a £30m deal

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12924083/riyad-mahrez-winger-completes-30m-al-ahli-move-from-man-city-after-five-years-at-etihad-stadium

• The title was changed to Riyad Mahrez Joins Al-Ahli
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Legend of the PL. One of the best African players PL has had. Shame he's gone Saudi but will never forget the PL seasons he had with us. 

The money on offer at his age was just too good, 750k a week tax free. cant blame him