Naby Keita - Werder Bremen

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Sure it can, Liverpool want to imrpove.

I obviously meant our financial capabilities of signing a player with his wage requirements... xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What a crazy day it's been. 

"Pfffft, as if!" 

to 

"Hmmmm, really?"

to

"Okay, wow" 

xD

I honestly couldn't believe we'd actually pull it off xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

He signed a 1,5 Mio € per year contract, whereas at Liverpool he earned over 7 Mio. apparently. 

Yep, and if that's true, he won't even be the highest earning player in the club. Hopefully, he stays healthy, but either way, this is a massive transfer coup for us. Apparently orchestrated by our new squad planner, Johannes Jahns, who worked with Keita at Salzburg.

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, and if that's true, he won't even be the highest earning player in the club. Hopefully, he stays healthy, but either way, this is a massive transfer coup for us. Apparently orchestrated by our new squad planner, Johannes Jahns, who worked with Keita at Salzburg.

Oh don’t worry, it’s Sod’s Law that he plays every minute possible for you lot after stealing a wage here. 

Nobody in Europe is daft enough to pay him those sort of wages he was on with us. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Oh don’t worry, it’s Sod’s Law that he plays every minute possible for you lot after stealing a wage here. 

Nobody in Europe is daft enough to pay him those sort of wages he was on with us. 

Oh I'm not worried; the intensity in the Bundesliga is much lower and we're not in European competitions either, so with a little bit of luck, he should be alright. And even if it doesn't really work out and he spends a lot of time injured, there's not much risk anyway - it's a free transfer with normal wages, after all. The massive boost it gives for everyone in the club for being able to sign a player of his stature and market value is already worth it. 

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

He was rarely injured at Salzburg and Leizpig, so it makes sense that he wanted to return to a country with proper healthcare. :ph34r:

If you go to page 2... I'm not sure which shitty energy drink clubs he's at at the years there's a red bull logo next to the injury but... I'm not sure it's fair to say he was rarely injured. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-keita/verletzungen/spieler/302215

I think at some point all the torn muscles/muscle strains he received really took their toll on his body and he's become a lot more injury prone with time.

This is a guy who got injured in the warmup for his first ever pre-season match with us, so I fully blame Germany for his injury-proneness tbh.

Archived