• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joao Moutinho in Talks With Al Ittihad

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

What is odd about all of this is they are building a rather good veterans team. Which then leads me to believe that other clubs are just waiting to build their player-base too. Going to be one to watch when the bidding madness starts.

On 12/06/2023 at 03:50, Mel81x said:

What is odd about all of this is they are building a rather good veterans team. Which then leads me to believe that other clubs are just waiting to build their player-base too. Going to be one to watch when the bidding madness starts.

They are getting the figure heads in place before going all out for the other players.

They are 100% look to take on the Premier league in the long run.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devil said:

They are getting the figure heads in place before going all out for the other players.

They are 100% look to take on the Premier league in the long run.

I don't think they are looking at it as going after a league. What's happened is quite systematic. First, they watched the Qataris try in French League because well no one was going to bat an eyelid there and by try I mean push the envelope on pricing. Then they very sharply turned to the place with the most cash influx which was the PL. Now they are setting up a zonal area to offboard players and use them, like they did with Man City in America, and they're going to start making money off it. The oil will only last so long so this really is probably the long-term plan. It's easy investment with high returns if you go after marquee players and get your fingers into very well known clubs as cash injects.

Players want to stay relevant for as long as possible and the only way to entice those players is with money because let's face it, the Saudi league isn't exactly the most competitive in nature. They are getting media attention now and tbf to them it's quite a smart business plan. 

Archived