talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Danny Rose Ready To Leave Spurs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he'll want to leave Spurs either, perfect fit for their system as is Walker.

Rose has really came into his own since Pochettino took over, he never used to be very good until he started playing under him.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If someone offers stupid money and the club accepts the player is also likely to be offered not only a higher salary but a £10m sign on fee. Why wouldn't he go for that. Just because he's got a good thing going?

Would United really pay that sort of Money for Rose? As good as he is. That's my contention

• Subscriber

City want him as well...

But good luck dealing with Levy. England international just signed a new deal really can't see him going anywhere

He's not known as the gaffer's son for nothing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I predicted this would happen to Spurs a while back. 

Levy cant expect to pay his best players a fraction of what similar class players earn elsewhere and expect them to stay. 

Walker and Rose won't be the only ones over the next few years. 

Spurs, Little club mentality.

They have built a wonderful team but arnt paying the players the going rate and for whatever reason, they have not added to that wonderful 12-13 players in this window.

Todays news is No surprise, Walker shown the way and his agent also looks after Rose.

Why hasnt any proper club shown interest in Ali?

It's as if Levy expects his players to love Spurs enough to play for a shitload less than what they'd get elsewhere. It only works to an extent, but you'll end up losing your elite players in most cases.

• Subscriber

I wonder how many of them are looking at their old team mate Walker tripling his money after losing his place in the Spurs team and thinking what the fuck. Kane won't leave and Alli is young enough that he can wait a while for the big money move but if someone like Rose leaves to double his money you have to wonder whether it'll be like the cork has come out of the bottle.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Levy cant expect to pay his best players a fraction of what similar class players earn elsewhere and expect them to stay.

Read somewhere that he gets around 40k, compared to say Lovren and Lingard who gets more than twice of that. I can see why he is pissed, and he has every right to be. And like you added, he won't be the last.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I wonder how many of them are looking at their old team mate Walker tripling his money after losing his place in the Spurs team and thinking what the fuck. Kane won't leave and Alli is young enough that he can wait a while for the big money move but if someone like Rose leaves to double his money you have to wonder whether it'll be like the cork has come out of the bottle.

Rose has the same agent as Kyle Walker so i'm sure that's been in his thought process.

• Subscriber

Poor timing, and bodes quite badly for Spurs I think. With Walker gone and Rose possibly going, at some point it'll occur to the others to possibly move on too.

I do think it's a shame that more clubs don't follow a similar sort of wage structure but what can you do.

Two thoughts on this.

1. Danny Rose has a point. Spurs have really stood still this summer whilst everyone around them has strengthened. Given how lucrative the Champions League is these days and given that Spurs are playing a whole season away from home, they don't want to be missing out on Top 4, let alone seeing their chances of winning the title get further and further away from them. Sometimes it needs someone high profile to say it as it is to scaremonger the club, even if it for your own gain.

2. Danny Rose is a cunt. He's hung us out to dry it when he was just 18, kicking his toys out the pram and showing disrespect at us when we'd brought the lad through our academy and going to Spurs. That one's always left a bitter taste in our moth's so I'm not surprised he would so publically flag out the classic 'come and get me' plea to two clubs he knows have probably contacted his agent.

It maybe poor timing and Rose will get the stick, but you can be sure at least half a dozen players in the Spurs squad will be looking on feeling exactly the same.

You also have to question these players agents who on the whole allowed their players to sign long term contracts in the past 18 months at Spurs when the new TV contract was about to kick in.

Toby Alderweireld is the only one with his head screwed on as he battles with the club over release clauses length of contact n wages.

Archived