talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Danny Rose Ready To Leave Spurs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Rose fined.

The 27-year-old has been docked two weeks’ wages — worth a maximum of £130,000-a-week — after giving an interview in which he claimed players are underpaid and demanded big-money signings “you don’t have to Google”.

Ouch.... Time to pass the Cap around Danny!

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Danny Rose fined.

The 27-year-old has been docked two weeks’ wages — worth a maximum of £130,000-a-week — after giving an interview in which he claimed players are underpaid and demanded big-money signings “you don’t have to Google”.

Ouch.... Time to pass the Cap around Danny!

Seriously, I can see Spurs going back to what they were 10 years ago. 

Apparently Rose received a heroes welcome from the other players at training after his outburst. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Seriously, I can see Spurs going back to what they were 10 years ago. 

Apparently Rose received a heroes welcome from the other players at training after his outburst. 

Well he didn't, that was just nonsense from papers that have been waiting to write these headlines for two years.

• Subscriber

Hard one to judge this - on the one hand he was expressing many of the concerns and feelings of a large number of our fanbase, equally concerned about the lack of movement on the signing front and the need to increase the wage bill. On the other, it was massive disrespect to the club, the fans and the manager who have made him who he is today. To go ahead and give such an interview three days before the season kicks off, to unsettle and allow the media to write destabilising headlines about the club is completely out of order. He has been injured for 6 months, and should be concentrating on getting himself fit and firing again, and as he said these things would work themselves out. As it is he's left a huge sour taste in the mouth of the supporters and certainly the club's hierarchy. I have absolutely no problem with him voicing these concerns behind the scenes, but to do it in the manner he did selling it to the paper is extremely unprofessional. He did a similar interview on 5 Live earlier in the summer, which was watered down but certainly laying the foundations for this. He's being advised by Walker's agency and no doubt this was set up for him. I fear this is the beginning of the end for his time at Spurs. Levy won't tolerate it, Pochettino certainly won't tolerate it, and I really can't see things changing for the time being. Ultimately though, he'll get his wish and move back up north on double the money, so in terms of end game it will have been a success for him.

Don't get me wrong by the way, have seen comments elsewhere about him as a player, Danny is an excellent fullback. He's the best in the league for me, and we certainly miss him when he's out, regardless of results. However, the worst part of the interview was the arrogance of it all. Him being a good player before Poch. Sorry Danny but we were hardly fighting off Europe's elite before sending you off to Sunderland on loan. Pochettino has made him the player is today, and this club have nurtured him. He and they deserve a lot more credit than he was prepared to give and on reflection he should be prepared to acknowledge that.

In terms of where we go from here in typical Tottenham fashion, having needed to build a new stadium for at least a decade, it has come at the worst possible time for the club. We have a very talented group of players who were on the edge of achieving something special at the club but may not get a chance to. The move to Wembley instead of playing again at the Lane where we took 53 out of a possible 57 points last season is disappointing, although talk of our demise because of it is very wide of the mark. Also the constraints on spending because the massive funding commitment, when all we need is a few top squad players to really push on is a shame. We have the 6th highest wage bill in the league, stands at about £120 million at last count with a turnover of just over £200 million. Arsenal's is double ours for instance, and that's why we need the stadium to increase revenue and the wage bill etc.

To top it off, he's apologised xD Yeah righto mate, completely slagged the club off, said he wants to move to Man Utd or Man City cos lets face it Liverpool ain't gunna buy him and has apologised to anyone he may have offended. The world of professional footballers is a strange one, they live on Mars sometimes.

Archived