talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Good, The Bad & The Surprise (2017/18 Edition)

football forum

On 28/08/2017 at 5:35 PM, bozziovai said:

how come ??  i'm only mirroring what HoneyNUFC has said, coz a surprise won't be a surprise when we know who/what it is.

just like rando said that his surprise is WestHam but look at how Westham is doing right now, very poor.

i'll stand by to what i said, we'll see this coming mid-season to which of the "low" teams will be performing well in the table.

By all means disagree but there was no need to bring Dan's family into it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good

Man City, Man Utd: Both have spent big this Summer and last, Mourinho has history for gearing up for a second season title win and after Guardiolas changes to City's wing backs and goalkeeper in the Summer, they have a full team. I fully expect to see them alongside Chelsea around the 80point mark this season with someone hitting 90.

The bad

Its harsh to say Spurs as they're continually punching above their weight, last season they managed 86 points and I believe only once or twice in the last 10 years or so has a league winner amassed 86 points or less. I can't see them topping that this season, but I don't think they'll be bad. The club I will state is Everton, they spent a hefty amount of money in the Summer on fairly average-good players, I can't see them finishing top 4 which would be punching for them anyway, but can't see a top 6 either.

The surprise

I guess someone like Huddersfield

• Subscriber

On it goes, people mentioning our spending against us and completely ignoring the fact that two thirds of it was recouped through Lukaku.

You don't take a distant 7th placed side and turn it into a top four side with a net spend of £50m or so in this league and in this day and age. That's not "big spending" or "all that investment" territory anymore.

Not aiming that at @Danny in particular but it's the narrative Sky Sports have gone with to make a story in the early stages of the season "big spending Everton in the bottom three after 5 matches" as if losing Lukaku and Barkley from the attack and facing this season's almost certain top three away as well as Spurs at home in the first 5 games just never happened, therefore I feel I have to push back with the actual facts.

1 hour ago, bozziovai said:

what the F is this ???   which part did i make personal comments against Dan ???   Care to enlighten me ??

You have now edited your post, but despite your sneakiness I still seen the original. I think an apology to Dan is in order and then we can sweep it under the carpet and move on.

4 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

You have now edited your post, but despite your sneakiness I still seen the original. I think an apology to Dan is in order and then we can sweep it under the carpet and move on.

what the F are you talking about ???     i didn't edit any of my post ... and i didn't attack anyone here.    i don't even know Dan so why would i attack him nor his family ???   how can i apologize to anyone when i haven't made any wrong doing .........

enough with this accusations ...  show me what "ORIGINAL"  comment  i made against Dan .........

3 hours ago, bozziovai said:

what the F are you talking about ???     i didn't edit any of my post ... and i didn't attack anyone here.    i don't even know Dan so why would i attack him nor his family ???   how can i apologize to anyone when i haven't made any wrong doing .........

enough with this accusations ...  show me what "ORIGINAL"  comment  i made against Dan .........

I can no longer see it as you edited the post buddy. 

Be the bigger man and send Dan a PM apologising. 

no.   why should i apologize to someone i haven't done wrong with.

scroll up.   everything was QUOTED.    Both you and Dan quoted my post, if it's QUOTED no one can edit them.   that's proof that i didn't edit my post.  Stop making false accusations.    It's you who should be a man and stop accusing someone of something they didn't do.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

no.   why should i apologize to someone i haven't done wrong with.

scroll up.   everything was QUOTED.    Both you and Dan quoted my post, if it's QUOTED no one can edit them.   that's proof that i didn't edit my post.  Stop making false accusations.    It's you who should be a man and stop accusing someone of something they didn't do.

he's winding you up xD 

12 hours ago, bozziovai said:

it's only my habit that i get pissed when someone accuses me.    i even almost punched my father before :D  

anyhow, my conscience is clear ... let them accuse me all they want ................

I read through it also and was like what family is he talking about??? move on nothing to do here :banana:

• Administrator
On 28/08/2017 at 5:35 PM, bozziovai said:

how come ??  i'm only mirroring what HoneyNUFC has said, coz a surprise won't be a surprise when we know who/what it is.

just like rando said that his surprise is WestHam but look at how Westham is doing right now, very poor.

i'll stand by to what i said, we'll see this coming mid-season to which of the "low" teams will be performing well in the table.

Dans family are rancid Leicestershire lepers

Justice for @Any O'Brien, I restored the original message. Pretty damning stuff @Dan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:13, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

The good - Salah. 

I reckon him, Mane & Firmino as a front 3 will ruin teams. He especially, will cement his return to the league with a prolific season.

The Bad - Stoke 

Good chance they'll go down. Their biggest signing this window looks to be Martins Indi...which says it all.

The Surprise - Watford

They've signed a very promising manager in Silva. Add to that the good squad they have and the addition of an underrated Gray and I think they will survive comfortably while playing attractive football.

2/3 is pretty good.

• Administrator
On 11/08/2017 at 10:54, Stan said:

The good:

Man City. I think they'll click and Aguero/Jesus will tear shit up with the support of De Bruyne, both Silva's, Gundogan, Sterling and Sane. Their attacking options are ridiculous. Admittedly I don't know much about Ederson but surely better than the liability that is Bravo? Defensively I'm surprised they got rid of Zabaleta but let's be honest who needs defence when you have attack like that xD

The bad:

Similar to Lucas, Stoke. They've had nearly 10 years in this league and although establishing themselves up til now I think their time is up. I don't think they've moved forward over the past couple of seasons and Hughes has become stale there. Consequently the club has too. Losing Arnautovic may hit them hard as I'm not sure how they will reinvest in the squad. He was hot and cold but it says a lot when one of your best players is like that. Shaqiri is now the the little big fish there and Stoke are asking a lot to rely on him. I think they may be relegated this season, if not close to it. 

The surprise:

Again similar to Lucas in the form of a promoted team upsetting the odds but for me, it's Brighton who will survive. I like the way they play and I like Chris Hughton so part of me is hoping he does well anyway. If Knockaert has learnt and grown since he was with us then they've got a fine player on their hands. Maybe he'll be the spark of creativity that Brighton need to stay up. 

could be 1/3 or 3/3

Man City is the guarantee. 

Stoke may survive and Brighton could still get sucked back in, albeit unlikely. 

Regardless, hope Stoke drop. 

• Subscriber
On 8/11/2017 at 01:31, Dan said:

The good - It's a toss up between Man City and Mohamed Salah for me. I think Man City will absolutely piss the division and have it sewn up around Easter time, and while plenty are criticising the fee for Salah I think he'll take the league by storm. He, like De Bruyne (who I also think will have a brilliant year) was criminally under-used by Mourinho and I can see him hitting silly figures this season in Liverpool's system.

The bad - A lot of contenders, but for me, it just has to be West Brom. I think they'll finally get sick of Pulis, they'll have a squad so built on his limited game that no-one serious will want the job and they'll end up with some plodder like Alan Pardew, and I can see it being the kind of season where they end up going on some mid-season "team builder" only to have it overshadowed by a scandal. I see them having a shocker.

The surprise - This is hard, but I think Burnley will surprise people this season even despite the players they've lost. They're tough to beat and that will take them far.

Fucking hell, 3/3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 10/08/2017 at 21:25, Spike said:

The Good

Hide contents

Everton's core steps up to the next level, Barkley plays like shite, and the club continue to overachieve to the point it becomes the norm. Rooney steps it up a notch with something to prove after a few years of decadence.

Image result for everton

The Bad

Hide contents

The Manchurian clubs both falter and splutter. Anything less then winning the League is failure for both of these huge money, big name, and cringey manager teams.Image result for united v city

The Surprise 

Hide contents

I hope all the Facebook fans that support Chelsea fuck off and die after Alvaro 'Fernando Torres' Morata #Cursed9 wins the Golden Boot.

Image result for alvaro morata chelsea

Ouch :o.

On 10/08/2017 at 21:28, Spike said:

Screencap this post.

Rooney will score a dramatic goal against Liverpool. The social media wankery will explode into levels beyond the bicycle kick against City.

Some redemption here though :D.

On 11/08/2017 at 10:54, Stan said:

The good:

Man City. I think they'll click and Aguero/Jesus will tear shit up with the support of De Bruyne, both Silva's, Gundogan, Sterling and Sane. Their attacking options are ridiculous. Admittedly I don't know much about Ederson but surely better than the liability that is Bravo? Defensively I'm surprised they got rid of Zabaleta but let's be honest who needs defence when you have attack like that xD

The bad:

Similar to Lucas, Stoke. They've had nearly 10 years in this league and although establishing themselves up til now I think their time is up. I don't think they've moved forward over the past couple of seasons and Hughes has become stale there. Consequently the club has too. Losing Arnautovic may hit them hard as I'm not sure how they will reinvest in the squad. He was hot and cold but it says a lot when one of your best players is like that. Shaqiri is now the the little big fish there and Stoke are asking a lot to rely on him. I think they may be relegated this season, if not close to it. 

The surprise:

Again similar to Lucas in the form of a promoted team upsetting the odds but for me, it's Brighton who will survive. I like the way they play and I like Chris Hughton so part of me is hoping he does well anyway. If Knockaert has learnt and grown since he was with us then they've got a fine player on their hands. Maybe he'll be the spark of creativity that Brighton need to stay up. 

:congrats:

On 11/08/2017 at 19:38, The Palace Fan said:

The Good - Manchester City's Attacking Options

I didn't want to name a specific player as they will all be under a rotation system enforced by Pep but I presume the two that will get the most playing time - and the two I'm most looking forward too - after Gabriel Jesus and Kevin DeBruyne. Jesus looked to adapt very quickly when fit last season and I can see DeBruyne having his best season and arguably being there most influential player with the role he will have in this team.

The Bad - Antonio Conte

At the end of last season I wanted Chelsea to win the league by a canter again and to do well in Europe just to end this shitty excuse of 'European fixtures' and 'the leagues too competitive' bullshit that the likes of Jose Mourinho keep preaching. However the way he has handled himself this summer has made me U-Turn. Firstly, the Costa text scenario has clearly not gone down well in the dressing room, and has cost Roman a shit load of money on the player. Secondly, he had an excellent array of young players to integrate in to the side to cover the additional players, all of which had been playing and progressing well and not one of them seems to be given a chance. Thirdly, his transfer policy just seems to be weird, getting rid of Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek and spending a fortune on Drinkwater? Bringing in class players like Bakayoko, Morata and Rudiger yet claiming it's not enough? With Romans track record with Managers I'll be very impressed if he keeps his job for another twelve months.

The Surprise - Brighton and Hove Albion

They seem to know what positions they need to strengthen and the type of characters that would be suitable for these position. Given how free flowing as a team they've looked over the last two years and they are led by a manager who has experience at this level I fancy them to survive this season. Which I think will be a surprise to many.

On 26/09/2017 at 04:34, Danny said:

The good

Man City, Man Utd: Both have spent big this Summer and last, Mourinho has history for gearing up for a second season title win and after Guardiolas changes to City's wing backs and goalkeeper in the Summer, they have a full team. I fully expect to see them alongside Chelsea around the 80point mark this season with someone hitting 90.

The bad

Its harsh to say Spurs as they're continually punching above their weight, last season they managed 86 points and I believe only once or twice in the last 10 years or so has a league winner amassed 86 points or less. I can't see them topping that this season, but I don't think they'll be bad. The club I will state is Everton, they spent a hefty amount of money in the Summer on fairly average-good players, I can't see them finishing top 4 which would be punching for them anyway, but can't see a top 6 either.

The surprise

I guess someone like Huddersfield

• The topic was unpinned

Archived