talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Quiz 13 - Stadiums

football forum

• Subscriber

Please make sure you have read the Guidelines and FAQ before taking part in the Quiz League - this will only take you two minutes.

Quiz League Round 13 - Stadiums

How much do you know about the homes of some of the biggest clubs across Europe and the world? Time to find out - ten questions on stadiums. Have fun and good luck!

Click Here to take the quiz!

Access Code: YEGJM

Round 13 Deadline: Monday 14 August 15:30 (UK Time)

Remember! Do not give away answers in this thread until they have been revealed after the deadline.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Started difficultly and got easier - couple of guesses in there but very confident. Like it though, mixed bag. One of the questions is sort of wrong though I thought?

Same here, should've got a 3 or 4 at the very least.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Storts said:

Started difficultly and got easier - couple of guesses in there but very confident. Like it though, mixed bag. One of the questions is sort of wrong though I thought?

Which one?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, just Google'd it (after the quiz of course) to find that I've got that question wrong. The quiz is wrong though, as it's called something different now due to sponsorship reasons. 

No excuse for getting it wrong :P I knew what it was called then and now #geekin

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Hide contents

I'm actually really pissed off. I went ''A play there, B play there, C play there - must be D then!''. 

I actually know where all of them play so if I'd just taken a second longer I'd have got it right xD.

xD Yeah that's what I thought - schoolboy

• Subscriber

Quiz 13 Answers

1) Which of the following stadia holds the most people at capacity?

A – Camp Nou. Barcelona’s famous home has an official capacity of 99,354, placing it ahead of Wembley (90,000), Dortmund’s Signal Iduna Park (81,360) and the Stade de France (81,338). 94% answered correctly.

2) Which stadium has officially the highest seating capacity in the world?

D – Rungrado May Day Stadium, Pyongyang. The North Korean national team’s home holds a staggering 114,000 fans. The other options were Club América’s Estadio Azteca (87,000), Kaizer Chiefs’ FNB Stadium (94,736) and Persija Jakarta’s Gelora Bung Karno Main Stadium (88,083). 53% answered correctly.

3) Which Premier League club plays their home games at Dean Court?

A – AFC Bournemouth. Dean Court, more commonly known as the Vitality Stadium, is the home of the South Coast club and has a capacity of just 11,464 – the lowest in the Premier League. 65% answered correctly.

4) The Hillsborough Stadium, site of a tragic accident in 1989 that killed 96 people, is the home ground of which English football club?

D – Sheffield Wednesday. Hillsborough Stadium holds 39,732 fans, and has had an expansion approved by Sheffield City Council to increase the capacity to 44,825 with the aim of holding World Cup matches in future. The stadium hosted games at the 1966 World Cup, including West Germany’s 4-0 quarter final win over Uruguay, and Euro 1996. 71% answered correctly.

5) Which Spanish club currently plays at the Mestalla Stadium, and began construction on the Nou Mestalla in 2007?

C – Valencia. The 49,500 capacity Estadio Mestalla was one of the stadiums used for the 1982 World Cup. The Nou Mestalla is due to have a capacity of 61,500, but, due to financial reasons, hasn’t been worked on since the concrete structure of the stadium was completed in February 2009. Some experts say that the stadium will now have to be demolished as it is too late to complete the work. 94% answered correctly.

6) Where do Eibar play their home games?

B – Ipurua. The Ipurua Municipal Stadium, which holds 7,083, hosts Eibar’s home games. The Iberostar Stadium in Palma is where Mallorca play their home games, Málaga play at La Rosaleda and Estadio Mendizorrotza is the home of Alavés. 35% answered correctly.

7) Which German club plays their home games at the Mercedes-Benz Arena?

D – VfB Stuttgart. Stuttgart’s stadium was opened in 1933 with the original name Adolf-Hitler-Kampfbahn. In 1945, it was renamed Century Stadium, then Neckarstadion in 1949, Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion in 1993 and finally Mercedes-Benz Arena in 2008. 76% answered correctly.

8) Which club shared the Allianz Arena with FC Bayern Munchen until the end of last season?

D – TSV 1860 Munchen. Since the Allianz Arena was opened in 2005 ready for the World Cup, Bayern Munich and 1860 Munich have shared the stadium. 1860 Munich have been unable to meet the capacity requirements for the Allianz Arena, though, and return to play their home games at Sechzgerstadion this season. 88% answered correctly.

9) The Stadio Olimpico is shared between two Serie A sides, Roma and who else?

C – Lazio. The Stadio Olimpico in Rome is the second largest football stadium in Italy, after the San Siro, which is also shared by AC Milan and Internazionale. Stadium sharing is a common approach in Italy, with Chievo and Verona sharing the Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi, and Genao and Sampdoria both playing their home games at Stadio Luigi Ferraris, among others. 100% answered correctly.

10) Stade Vélodrome is the biggest stadium in France after the Stade de France itself. Which French club plays their home games here?

B – Marseille. Stade Vélodrome holds 67,394 fans, more than Lyon’s Parc Olympique Lyonnais (59,186), Monaco’s Stade-Louis II (18,523) and PSG’s Parc des Princes (48,583). 94% answered correctly.

Results

5992d35f8e120_Quiz13Results.thumb.png.d8f1b9f0433942cd7c8a85bdc8c97ec0.png

The highest scoring round yet, which means things will definitely have to get trickier again! Well done to @Cure, @Dan, @Saturdays Are For The Boys and @Storts for getting 10 out of 10. Next quiz with a slightly different format will be up in an hour or so.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Are you sure about my score? I think I got Valencia and Sheffield Wednesday correct, unless I mis-clicked the answers.

Yours came up weird - it said you had two our of ten but I checked your answers and there was a couple wrong, a few skipped and the last four correct. I thought you'd just skipped the ones that had no answer next to them - I don't know what's gone wrong there. :$

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Yours came up weird - it said you had two our of ten but I checked your answers and there was a couple wrong, a few skipped and the last four correct. I thought you'd just skipped the ones that had no answer next to them - I don't know what's gone wrong there. :$

Ok cheers, I had some internet issues last week, so probably my connection just screwed it up...

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Quiz 13 Answers

A – Camp Nou. Barcelona’s famous home has an official capacity of 99,354, placing it ahead of Wembley (90,000), Dortmund’s Signal Iduna Park (81,360) and the Stade de France (81,338). 94% answered correctly.

D – Rungrado May Day Stadium, Pyongyang. The North Korean national team’s home holds a staggering 114,000 fans. The other options were Club América’s Estadio Azteca (87,000), Kaizer Chiefs’ FNB Stadium (94,736) and Persija Jakarta’s Gelora Bung Karno Main Stadium (88,083). 53% answered correctly.

A – AFC Bournemouth. Dean Court, more commonly known as the Vitality Stadium, is the home of the South Coast club and has a capacity of just 11,464 – the lowest in the Premier League. 65% answered correctly.

4) The Hillsborough Stadium, site of a tragic accident in 1989 that killed 96 people, is the home ground of which English football club?

D – Sheffield Wednesday. Hillsborough Stadium holds 39,732 fans, and has had an expansion approved by Sheffield City Council to increase the capacity to 44,825 with the aim of holding World Cup matches in future. The stadium hosted games at the 1966 World Cup, including West Germany’s 4-0 quarter final win over Uruguay, and Euro 1996. 71% answered correctly.

5) Which Spanish club currently plays at the Mestalla Stadium, and began construction on the Nou Mestalla in 2007?

C – Valencia. The 49,500 capacity Estadio Mestalla was one of the stadiums used for the 1982 World Cup. The Nou Mestalla is due to have a capacity of 61,500, but, due to financial reasons, hasn’t been worked on since the concrete structure of the stadium was completed in February 2009. Some experts say that the stadium will now have to be demolished as it is too late to complete the work. 94% answered correctly.

B – Ipurua. The Ipurua Municipal Stadium, which holds 7,083, hosts Eibar’s home games. The Iberostar Stadium in Palma is where Mallorca play their home games, Málaga play at La Rosaleda and Estadio Mendizorrotza is the home of Alavés. 35% answered correctly.

D – VfB Stuttgart. Stuttgart’s stadium was opened in 1933 with the original name Adolf-Hitler-Kampfbahn. In 1945, it was renamed Century Stadium, then Neckarstadion in 1949, Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion in 1993 and finally Mercedes-Benz Arena in 2008. 76% answered correctly.

8) Which club shared the Allianz Arena with FC Bayern Munchen until the end of last season?

D – TSV 1860 Munchen. Since the Allianz Arena was opened in 2005 ready for the World Cup, Bayern Munich and 1860 Munich have shared the stadium. 1860 Munich have been unable to meet the capacity requirements for the Allianz Arena, though, and return to play their home games at Sechzgerstadion this season. 88% answered correctly.

C – Lazio. The Stadio Olimpico in Rome is the second largest football stadium in Italy, after the San Siro, which is also shared by AC Milan and Internazionale. Stadium sharing is a common approach in Italy, with Chievo and Verona sharing the Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi, and Genao and Sampdoria both playing their home games at Stadio Luigi Ferraris, among others. 100% answered correctly.

10) Stade Vélodrome is the biggest stadium in France after the Stade de France itself. Which French club plays their home games here?

B – Marseille. Stade Vélodrome holds 67,394 fans, more than Lyon’s Parc Olympique Lyonnais (59,186), Monaco’s Stade-Louis II (18,523) and PSG’s Parc des Princes (48,583). 94% answered correctly.

Results

The highest scoring round yet, which means things will definitely have to get trickier again! Well done to @Cure, @Dan, @Saturdays Are For The Boys and @Storts for getting 10 out of 10. Next quiz with a slightly different format will be up in an hour or so.

You've already gave me more emotional support on my actions in life than my own father!

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Quiz 13 Answers

Results

A couple of those were guesses, the Eibar one threw me and then with the maximum capacities I was stuck between the Azteca and the May Day in Pyongyang... I thought the Azteca sat around 110,000 unless it's been reduced recently but I'm glad I didn't go for it now.

Archived