• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things you don't like about Football

football forum

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The fact it's becoming less about sport and more about being a soap opera.

The fact local fans are seen as secondary to people in different continents who have zero affinity with the club they claim to support.

Forced entertainment. See deliberately controversial referees. Can be tied in with the soap opera comment.

People who can't tell the difference between quality and entertainment.

Bandwagon hopping idiots who think they know everything about certain situations when they're largely clueless.

The acceptance of cheating within the game. The fact it's so easy to clamp out yet we choose not to, why? See the soap opera comment.

Excessive ticket prices charged by clubs who don't need it and the fans who astonishingly defend it.

Lower league snobbery. "Look at me I'm a more passionate fan than you because I follow Doncaster Rovers"

The monopoly of the Premier League and Champions League, to the point that the cups are seen as an inconvenience rather than potential silverware and the Europa League is seen as a passage into the Champions League rather than a valuable trophy.

That DT Arsenal twat, absolutely ashamed to share his initials.

Clappers.

The England national team set up. A set up chosen on profile and reputation rather than quality or form.

People who believe in this "you're in your natural position" bollocks. We've had plenty of that in the past year. Could you imagine if everyone took that mentality? Yet the same people probably moan about the same teams being at the top every year. The belief that only certain clubs are allowed to be ambitious.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

This is only okay in hockey mainly because it is indoors and you can blast a siren with a song really fucking loud.

This

The fact that it's so much a business, the joke of a league MLS turned down 2 billion to build an actual infrastructure because they refuse to have a promotion relegation setup....

The fact that hypocritically the large clubs pander to foreign fans more than their own locals.

3 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

This

The fact that it's so much a business, the joke of a league MLS turned down 2 billion to build an actual infrastructure because they refuse to have a promotion relegation setup....

The fact that hypocritically the large clubs pander to foreign fans more than their own locals.

To be honest, the franchising system of America protects the players and clubs really well. It's incredibly impressive how well controlled the NHL is. The only league that has terrible parity is the NBA.

Shock this thread was started by Smiley. The one thing more pessimistic than the warning label on a fag packet.

Im quite optimistic about how exciting this season will be, how the PSG money will influence football, how open the 'EFL' is, even how Brexit will pan out. The only thing I'm pessimistic about is Dutch Managers trying to play three at the back.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

To be honest, the franchising system of America protects the players and clubs really well. It's incredibly impressive how well controlled the NHL is. The only league that has terrible parity is the NBA.

That's because you give these players who are already the highest payed players in any sport around the world so much power which is a joke, but heaven forbid you tell them to just do their job WHICH IS FUCKING PLAYING A GOD DAMN SPORT FOR A LIVING MAKING MILLIONS they call it racist and against the hard working man. League is a joke as well.

Playing ping pong with points on a league table. Takes the drama out of the race. For example, Peru and Chile being threatened to have their points taken away after being given them back because Bolivia played an ineligible player. Not only should you not take away the points after being given them back, but also not months after being returned. To put it in more simple terms, taken points away then going on a case for weeks or months about whether they should return them or not. Happens in the Peruvian league a lot.

People who think qualifying for the World Cup makes those teams better than ones who didn't.

People who use stats to judge players over judgement.

People who get annoyed at the word "soccer". I don't use the word, but I live in Peru. I don't need to. Its just a case of people in England hating American words.

VAR. I think you all know my opinion on the matter.

The leniency in foreign rules. In some ways, I like them so I can sign foreigners in Football Manager, but in terms of entertainment I much prefer there to be a limit for foreigners. Due to money these days, not too strict. In Europe, there are players from other nations that are high profile and have no connection to the club. Its a reason I like players like Iniesta, Harry Kane, Xavi, Riquelme etc. I'm not talking about academy players mind, just domestic players who know the tradition of football in the country, the style, the rivalries of the country. A lot of European derbies have kept their soul in the stands but not on the pitch.

I know everybody is gonna hate me for saying this but here it goes.

I (only a little) don't like the fact that club football is the pinnacle of the sport rather then international football in general(not talking about the World Cup). I would have loved to see a league of each continent and the top teams from each region making it to the world cup.

This is because i don't and probabbly never will know what does it feel like to have your own hometown football team and watching them play week in week out, sense of belonging to the club,pride in your city and all that. But i do know what does it feels like seeing your national team play so this explains my views.

Inconsistent applying of the  laws by Ref's ~ I accept they are human, but their standard does not seem to improve to me.

The different standards of refereeing between CL and PL ~ I believe every other league benefits from the CL being played under their cotton wool rules.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

I know everybody is gonna hate me for saying this but here it goes.

I (only a little) don't like the fact that club football is the pinnacle of the sport rather then international football in general(not talking about the World Cup). I would have loved to see a league of each continent and the top teams from each region making it to the world cup.

This is because i don't and probabbly never will know what does it feel like to have your own hometown football team and watching them play week in week out, sense of belonging to the club,pride in your city and all that. But i do know what does it feels like seeing your national team play so this explains my views.

I can sympathise with that to a degree to be honest.

Archived