The better place to talk football.

Things you don't like about Football

football forum

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 8:57 AM, SirBalon said:

Social media fans... This is a part of football now and it's what I dislike most about football at this moment in time. 

If you're reading the Facebook comments on photos of memes, then no wonder why you think this. Just don't read them.

If you're talking about social media in general, we can post whatever we want on there. There is no reason you should get worked up about that.

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

If you're reading the Facebook comments on photos of memes, then no wonder why you think this. Just don't read them.

If you're talking about social media in general, we can post whatever we want on there. There is no reason you should get worked up about that.

I'm not getting worked up about it... "it's my opinion" xD:P

It's full of imbeciles!

I don't read them...  I have comments either posted to me or they end up making news because of stupidity.  But the main ones aren't even those that make it out of the social media platform itself.  The problem is that it's full of fanboys.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I'm not getting worked up about it... "it's my opinion" xD:P

It's full of imbeciles!

I don't read them...  I have comments either posted to me or they end up making news because of stupidity.  But the main ones aren't even those that make it out of the social media platform itself.  The problem is that it's full of fanboys.

How many people are on Facebook exactly? Or Twitter? Is everyone on there imbeciles or "fanboys"?

I see a big difference between reading Facebook comments on popular footy pages and the statuses made by my friends... it could be because I study journalism and most know their stuff but my first point stands.

As for the first sentence... ah so you don't like it? And yes, me estoy haciendo el pendejo a proposito. You clearly do get worked up by it. I live by football but even I don't care for those comments. Especially if they are not aimed at me, there's no reason you should feel annoyed by it. If those comments are aimed at you, then you are a big hypocrite for what you do on here.

You can have your opinion, but it just makes me think even more that you take football opinions on the contrary to yours too seriously. 

Football governing bodies are full of shady, budget politician cunts.

Football pundits are mostly desperate cunts that need to be over dramatic over everything to stay relevant and stay on TV.

Football fans are mostly moronic, gullible, overly touchy, self entitled cunts with no sense of perspective in life.

Football press is just full of journalists with no integrity, misrepresenting anything that happens for clicks and views or just straight up lying for clicks and views. Cunts.

Footballers pretending that they're victims when they have to honour contracts they've signed are stupid cunts.

Jose Mourinho is a boring cunt. Football memes are unfunny and cringeworthy cunt shit. Stan Kroenke is a cunt. Barcelona are a club of cringeworthy cunts. Cunts that think cup competitions are all about the "romance" and "magic" of upsets are lame cunts. Referees are blind cunts. 

Football. The beautiful game.

51 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Football in general now is becoming the most overrated thing around in todays world,  the old days were so much better. 

That depends on what you follow. I got bored of Europe and decided to completely focus on my own nations football, I love it. 

I follow a lot of people on Twitter who do it too. One who follows Carribean football and another who writes about footy in the philippines.

51 minutes ago, Azeem98 said:

Old days always seem to be better

They were, the champions league or (European Cup) was far more competitive plus you only had league winners.  Football might not have been the same quality but the overall feeling is, the fans were not getting mugged off. 

What's happened to football is a generational and technology change. 

Obviously the money came in around the 1990's and they started to see changes in European law for foreign rules to become more lenient. These 2 things hugely changed the game, as before South America had world class club sides with all the domestic talent they produced and didn't lose at age 17. 

Some of the feel for the fans has gone away, especially for the older generation who no longer feel a connection with many players at the club, and the same could be said for the player at the club. However, this is not the case all the time. Look at Harry Kane at Tottenham, Barcelona's generation earlier this decade. Saying that its killing football isn't the right way to go around it in my opinion. For me, the only thing that is killing football is when the financial rules aren't enforced. 

I've gotten bored of European football, I much prefer South American because it still holds a somewhat traditional style. Some have preferences, like yourself VanPanna but I think Azeem was spot on that we all think the old days were better. Its a common mentality in a human. Nostalgia always beats us.

This generation is different and football will change again in the future, but as long as the game is there I will enjoy it. There's more to talk about than just winners. I actually tweeted something this morning and it reminds me of this. I said that a lot of people complain about modern music, but I'd be willing to bet in 10-20 years people will be calling them "classics" just like many of the songs people didn't like in the 90's because of the change of music that was seen since the 80's but love now. Same logic applies here.

The quality of games in years gone by may not be as high as you'd get today but the entertainment is still there and ultimately, I'd rather be entertained than watch a game of high quality but low entertainment. 

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate quality, the Champions League Final in Cardiff in June that I went to is easily the highest quality Football I've ever had the privilege of seeing live but sometimes (more often than not, these days) I do just fancy watching a game that is higher in entertainment than quality.

5 hours ago, VanPanna said:

They were, the champions league or (European Cup) was far more competitive plus you only had league winners.  Football might not have been the same quality but the overall feeling is, the fans were not getting mugged off. 

I honestly don't see the appeal of this. There are some top teams across Europe who didn't win their league last year and the Champions League would be much weaker without them in it.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

I honestly don't see the appeal of this. There are some top teams across Europe who didn't win their league last year and the Champions League would be much weaker without them in it.

That's what the tv companies feed us because they want all the brandnames in it so as to sell it big time.

You should only deserve to be in it if you win your national championship for me. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's what the tv companies feed us because they want all the brandnames in it so as to sell it big time.

You should only deserve to be in it if you win your national championship for me. 

It's also the truth mate. In fact, the reason it's better for the TV companies to have those teams in the Champions League is because it makes it more competitive and entertaining.

17 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

conte, i despise that cunt. especially during that press conference were he laughed like a maniac. 

For me Conte is pure football passion from a coach directed in the best manner unlike some others that invent conspiracy theories and coax everyone into thinking the world is against them when it isn't going so well. 

53 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

his laughing like a maniac is pure football passion xD the purest football passion from a coach retired from coaching back in 2013, but your comment doesnt surprise me cause you rate pep ahead of the greatest coach. 

as for conte.... so far he is 0-2 vs fucking arsene (finals) he still has a long way to go before he can even be in the same conversation as the best current coach (check his final record, it says it all) 

Actually it's not Pep for me at all although he actually provided a form of playing the game compared to others.  For me it's Johan Cruyff and I have a multitude of reasons for this.  Helenio Herrera although I don't agree with what he invented is above Pep and the one you love.

Archived