Coppa Italia 2017/18 - Champions: Juventus FC

football forum

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrator

round of 16 begins tomorrow. Pordenone are the lowest ranked side and the only 3rd division team left in the competition. Cittadella are the only side from Serie B to make it through to this stage. Everyone else is Serie A. 

Tuesday 12th December
Inter vs Pordenone. 20.00

Wednesday 13th December
Fiorentina vs Sampdoria, 16.30
AC Milan vs Hellas Verona, 19.45

Thursday 14th December
Lazio vs Cittadella, 20.00

Tuesday 19th December
Napoli vs Udinese, 20.00

Wednesday 20th December
Atalanta vs Sassuolo, 14.00
Roma vs Torino, 16.30
Juventus vs Genoa, 19.45

Napoli vs Udinese are today, and if Atalanta win tomorrow, all the 'surprises' will be gone.

Most likely we are going to see a Quarter Finals of

Lazio vs Fiorentina
AC Milan vs Inter Milan
Napoli vs Atalanta
Roma vs Juventus

• Administrator

Wednesday's game will be interesting not just because it's a Milan derby but because of Gattuso. 

Either he gets thrashed and humiliated by his arch rivals or it's a chance to prove some critics wrong (temporarily at least) and get one over them.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If Napoli do the same in the Europa League then there’s no doubt they’re putting all their eggs into one basket by going all out for the Scudetto. Personally I find this to be rather absurd and very risky...

And i doubt they will even win it, i'm confident they're gonna get battered again next time we play.

10 minutes ago, Berserker said:

And i doubt they will even win it, i'm confident they're gonna get battered again next time we play.

RIght now and throughout the season so far in Serie ‘A’ they’ve been the most stable team with the only blip being the home game against Juventus. Every single player went missing that day and it was all more a mental issue than anything Juve offered in my view.

But in saying all this, it’s extremely risky because it’s easier to plan a cup tie as it comes along than to predict league form. It’s rather strange to be honest but knowing the Neapolitans and how much they really want to win that Scudetto more than anything in the world, then and only then do I get the madness.

Sarri probably has all sorts of words being whispered into his ear at the moment and he’s possibly feeling the pressure in terms of really giving the Scudetto a serious shot. This is the best position they've been in in over a generation so it’s natural to be wary from their point of view. Plus Napoli’s depth in quality terms isn’t that good... Their first XI on a good day can give anyone a good game and beat most in their division. There are certain players that can’t be risked and we’ll be seeing rotation for sure in certain games. 

Napoli lost to a good team today as well. Atalanta has been playing really well recently so this isn't as much of a shocker as it would have been 10 years ago.

Still think Napoli is the 3rd most talented team in Italy, and think they will finish in that position.

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Napoli lost to a good team today as well. Atalanta has been playing really well recently so this isn't as much of a shocker as it would have been 10 years ago.

Still think Napoli is the 3rd most talented team in Italy, and think they will finish in that position.

Yeah, Atalanta have indeed had a decent first half to the season and it was never going to be easy and made more difficult when Sarri rested so many players. 

But out of curiousity, who's that second most talented team? Because I assume with the first one you're saying Juve.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, Atalanta have indeed had a decent first half to the season and it was never going to be easy and made more difficult when Sarri rested so many players. 

But out of curiousity, who's that second most talented team? Because I assume with the first one you're saying Juve.

I think on the best days, it's Juve, Inter, and then Napoli, and I think that's how the table will end.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I think on the best days, it's Juve, Inter, and then Napoli, and I think that's how the table will end.

xD

Well Inter have to prove that and they're not doing it. I would say Napoli are quite a way more talented than Inter in terms of players. We'll see come the end. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Wow. Buffon comes out to the middle of Juve's half but misjudges the through ball. Atalanta's forward tries a shot from just outside the centre circle but his shot hits the post and bounces out.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived