• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

State of Emergency in Charlottesville

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Panflute said:

I don't think I've gone down that alley either, but putting words in my mouth seems to be a popular pastime on this forum.

I honestly don't understand how I can be placed under the umbrella of anything remotely close to 'poor white man narrative'. Is that a schlepy manner of saying 'alt-right'? I am a literal antithesis to one of the main tenants of the alt-right;  that western-civilisation is mutually exclusive to people of European ethnicity. I'm a bloody race-traitor to them! The alt-right cannot accept that my wife of Filipino heritage could actually be American culturally! But that doesn't matter, even if I say I'm not, because some people will believe what they will. Identity politics FFS 

If anything I'm closest to Libertarian and that can come off as callous to some. My beliefs concerning property rights and laissez-faire aren't kosher to some.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I honestly don't understand how I can be placed under the umbrella of anything remotely close to 'poor white man narrative'. Is that a schlepy manner of saying 'alt-right'? I am a literal antithesis to one of the main tenants of the alt-right;  that western-civilisation is mutually exclusive to people of European ethnicity. I'm a bloody race-traitor to them! The alt-right cannot accept that my wife of Filipino heritage could actually be American culturally! But that doesn't matter, even if I say I'm not, because some people will believe what they will.

If anything I'm closest to Libertarian and that can come off as callous to some. My beliefs concerning property rights and laissez-faire aren't kosher to some.

I never push victimhood narratives because that's the rhetoric of losers and Barcelona fans (redundant, I know).

You don't strike me as remotely right-wing, whatever that term still means.

17 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's the way it will go in the west pretty much, the browning of the states/ west will not be peaceful.

It's like that Bernie supporter a month or two back that shot a republican at a baseball game. The left & right have become intolerant of one another and automatically attribute the characteristics of the far fringe elements to the main.  The polarised view presented by both sides just exacerbates the problem and we'll see more of this. 

You're correct, racist opinions being publically aired and forced on people will exacerbate the problem they have created when people who aren't racists or bigots react to backwards thinking. The problem is not people being wound up by that level of hatred, the problem is the acceptance of it.

There is no way the President of of the United States would react in the same way if this was an Islamic extremist march, absolutely not. There would be no "both sides" about it.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The Klan probably about 500 cousin fucking pyromaniacs in bedsheets running around the south, how they keep getting brought up is staggering. They're literally a more retarded freemasonry movement in today's day & age. God you're hysterical, what's happened is obviously horrific but it's just the latest in a long line of political intolerance in the states that's gone back 12 months. The fact you are so hysterical about this is blatantly because it's right on left, your hypocrisy and utter failure to acknowledge that this is because both groups are cunts makes me howl. The fucking Klan 😂😂😂 it's 2017 

Well we've seen the Klan, neo Nazis and other white nationalist groups cause a big enough problem that a state declared a state of emergency and is telling these Nazis to fuck off.

Then you've got you and others trying to play it off like it's some kind of retaliation to BLM. And I'm sure you and others who are trying to minimise it know better than a governor. Or HR McMaster, who declared it domestic terrorism despite his boss's similar like to you with no real condemnation of Nazis.

It's skirting the real issue of the general radicalisation, with a concerning amount of neo-Nazi shit getting more "mainstream". But it seems there's tacit support of this shit if it backs a particular ideology. 

52 minutes ago, Spike said:

That isn't my opinion. TAD was obviously referring to you when he made the comment and I was curious to whom else he would shoehorn as a right-winger. A funny observation though, you state it is a stigma to be right-wing on here and TAD claims that this forum is right-wing.

I think it is a stigma to be right wing in general nowadays,, it's why you have a shy tory factor in the UK election now which can be worth a few points come election day.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well we've seen the Klan, neo Nazis and other white nationalist groups cause a big enough problem that a state declared a state of emergency and is telling these Nazis to fuck off.

Then you've got you and others trying to play it off like it's some kind of retaliation to BLM. And I'm sure you and others who are trying to minimise it know better than a governor. Or HR McMaster, who declared it domestic terrorism despite his boss's similar like to you with no real condemnation of Nazis.

It's skirting the real issue of the general radicalisation, with a concerning amount of neo-Nazi shit getting more "mainstream". But it seems there's tacit support of this shit if it backs a particular ideology. 

There you go again with the Klan, in all the pictures i've seen they're not one cunt dressed up like a demented wizard. It is some kind of retaliation to Antifa & BLM, have you not seen the constant attacks? there's currently a protest in seattle that is turning ugly with the Antifa types being aggressive towards police and displaying signs saying "kill Nazi's" etc. It's inevitable that when these two groups get together and start protesting and getting violent that it will escalate.

I'll mention it again, what's your thoughts on James Hodgkinson last month? You're so rabid with this it's hilarious, i've not not condemned the far right loon that's done this yet your like a dog with a bone because it's right on left but you have amnesia when it comes to just basically admitting what is painfully obvious to see. Both sides are behaving like cunts, the media's narrative isn't helping nor is the default attitude to labeling anybody that doesn't share my opinion as a bigot and the polarization is now resulting into violence from both sides which is escalating. It's all the right though if the left just keep on as they are nothing bads going to happen.  xD

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

American politics is certainly more partisan and less civil than in recent times, but I think it´s important to put the rise of the far right in perspective. 

Yes, it´s on the rise, but those radical groups are still marginal and compose a very small number of people. KKK, for example, on its peak had millions of members, today they don´t reach 5000, and a good fraction of them are FBI agents and informants. That nazi demonstration was attended by 1500 people, If I´m not wrong. It was scary and shocking, yes, but it´s still a very small number. 2017 USA is not Weimar Germany nor 1936 Spain. 

The answer to political violence must not be more political violence but the defense of State and the rule of law. In that sense, the lack of a stronger condenmnation by Trump is really bad. He, as the President of the United States, should state clearly that political violence shall not be tolerated. His tweet was really generic and the far right probably read it as a refusal of the acts of leftists groups, not of theirs.

There's been a cultural element of this in the South that never really went away. 

The landowning class in the South used the ignorance and racism of the poor white majoirty in the South to try and found a slave empire in the Americas. 

They proceeded to cause the deadliest war in American history (mad considering the population was probably 1/6th what it was in 1941) and despite the totality of the Union victory, the North shied away from the task of properly rooting out Conferadacism. Instead of hanging every last member of the Confederate leadership for treason, Lincoln and his followers worried too much about stoking the Southerners' temper. 

His humanity was repaid with a bullet in the back of the head, and the White Southerners were allowed to construct their own legends about their history. Their delusions about their cause, about "state's rights" and about some mythical time when they enjoyed their "way of life" in peace, are still a massive issue today. 

If the North had put its foot down and made it clear that - be it a monster like Nathan Bedford Forest or a personally decent man like Robert Lee - they were all traitors fighting for an inhumane, poisonous cause, we wouldn't be stuck bickering over statues of these men and giving Nazis symbols to rally around. 

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think it is a stigma to be right wing in general nowadays,, it's why you have a shy tory factor in the UK election now which can be worth a few points come election day.

There you go again with the Klan, in all the pictures i've seen they're not one cunt dressed up like a demented wizard. It is some kind of retaliation to Antifa & BLM, have you not seen the constant attacks? there's currently a protest in seattle that is turning ugly with the Antifa types being aggressive towards police and displaying signs saying "kill Nazi's" etc. It's inevitable that when these two groups get together and start protesting and getting violent that it will escalate.

I'll mention it again, what's your thoughts on James Hodgkinson last month? You're so rabid with this it's hilarious, i've not not condemned the far right loon that's done this yet your like a dog with a bone because it's right on left but you have amnesia when it comes to just basically admitting what is painfully obvious to see. Both sides are behaving like cunts, the media's narrative isn't helping nor is the default attitude to labeling anybody that doesn't share my opinion as a bigot and the polarization is now resulting into violence from both sides which is escalating. It's all the right though if the left just keep on as they are nothing bads going to happen.  xD

This is either total bullshit, or total bullshit you're projecting onto me (for instance, the political point scoring attempts with the Venezuela crisis). Either way total bullshit.

18 minutes ago, Inverted said:

There's been a cultural element of this in the South that never really went away. 

The landowning class in the South used the ignorance and racism of the poor white majoirty in the South to try and found a slave empire in the Americas. 

They proceeded to cause the deadliest war in American history (mad considering the population was probably 1/6th what it was in 1941) and despite the totality of the Union victory, the North shied away from the task of properly rooting out Conferadacism. Instead of hanging every last member of the Confederate leadership for treason, Lincoln and his followers worried too much about stoking the Southerners' temper. 

His humanity was repaid with a bullet in the back of the head, and the White Southerners were allowed to construct their own legends about their history. Their delusions about their cause, about "state's rights" and about some mythical time when they enjoyed their "way of life" in peace, are still a massive issue today. 

If the North had put its foot down and made it clear that - be it a monster like Nathan Bedford Forest or a personally decent man like Robert Lee - they were all traitors fighting for an inhumane, poisonous cause, we wouldn't be stuck bickering over statues of these men and giving Nazis symbols to rally around. 

That's funny you should mention that. I've read some article over the last few days and the former seemed to reject his previous KKK and racial affiliations for God whereas Lee was more brutal than we have been lead to believe. I can't vouch for the authenticity of the articles but there is more than enough literature on that war to discover the truth.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is either total bullshit, or total bullshit you're projecting onto me (for instance, the political point scoring attempts with the Venezuela crisis). Either way total bullshit.

What the fuck does Venezuela have to do with this? It's not bullshit at all you're blatantly more upset by this being right on left rather than the opposite way round which you still refuse to acknowledge.  Acknowledging would admit that the left aren't blameless in this tradegy though so we'll just ignore it and keep mentioning the bogeyman that is the KKK. 

How are "the left" to blame for this? I know you like playing devils advocate but this is a stretch even for you, the statue being taken down doesn't excuse or give reason for this level of bigotry. A removal of a statue that signifies racism and slavery does not create the riot or give reason for the riot, the white supremacists hold onto a brutal and outdated ideology, that is their fault completely.

25 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

What the fuck does Venezuela have to do with this? It's not bullshit at all you're blatantly more upset by this being right on left rather than the opposite way round which you still refuse to acknowledge.  Acknowledging would admit that the left aren't blameless in this tradegy though so we'll just ignore it and keep mentioning the bogeyman that is the KKK. 

Yeah how many has the left killed in this instance? Lol. I'm outraged that Neo-Nazi violence isn't getting condemned by certain groups. This has nothing to do with CNN (which you've said I watch when I never do), or the nutjob shooting congressmen (which I believe I've said is a good reason to keep guns away from the mentally ill - something that not all states agree on, weirdly) - this is about a truly dispicable ideology being treated as legitimate and swept under the rug with whataboutism bullshit and false equivalency.

Antifa people going around looking for fights are stupid. But also people holding up a sign that says "FUCK OFF NAZIS" (an incredibly legitimate viewpoint) getting beaten by a large group of white supremacists are people that don't deserve to be beaten. Oh and their neo-Nazi ideology is disgusting.

If this was a pro-ISIS rally leading to massive violence and a state of emergency, I think we'd see more uniform condemnation of it. But worryingly we're seeing people brush off violence from neo-Nazis and who aren't concerned with now feeling like it's okay to be a Neo-Nazi.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah how many has the left killed in this instance? Lol. I'm outraged that Neo-Nazi violence isn't getting condemned by certain groups. This has nothing to do with CNN (which you've said I watch when I never do), or the nutjob shooting congressmen (which I believe I've said is a good reason to keep guns away from the mentally ill - something that not all states agree on, weirdly) - this is about a truly dispicable ideology being treated as legitimate and swept under the rug with whataboutism bullshit and false equivalency.

Antifa people going around looking for fights are stupid. But also people holding up a sign that says "FUCK OFF NAZIS" (an incredibly legitimate viewpoint) getting beaten by a large group of white supremacists are people that don't deserve to be beaten. Oh and their neo-Nazi ideology is disgusting.

If this was a pro-ISIS rally leading to massive violence and a state of emergency, I think we'd see more uniform condemnation of it. But worryingly we're seeing people brush off violence from neo-Nazis and who aren't concerned with now feeling like it's okay to be a Neo-Nazi.

Where has it not been condemned? The political right in the states has pretty much unanimously condemned this. 

Again what I'm saying is this hypocritical approach to the left & right violence is not going to work. It's took me 3-4 posts to get you to criticize the left wing nut (which you've tried to brush off as mental Illness) yet all the right are reprehensible if they don't condemn these Nazi cunts straightaway. Antifa as a horrible organisation just as bad as white supremacist groups, with their "it's our way or we'll beat you up" style. Until society acknowledges this you're going to continue radicalizing the far right by playing to the victim mentality they trade off. BLM are in part a black supremacist movement anyway, cut it anyway you want BLm are racist cunts to.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

How are "the left" to blame for this? I know you like playing devils advocate but this is a stretch even for you, the statue being taken down doesn't excuse or give reason for this level of bigotry. A removal of a statue that signifies racism and slavery does not create the riot or give reason for the riot, the white supremacists hold onto a brutal and outdated ideology, that is their fault completely.

No I quite agree we should tear down the Colosseum in Rome to as it's a monument to vile slavery. It's 2017 if you can't look objectively at the past without getting upset then I again I'd question your intelligence 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

That's funny you should mention that. I've read some article over the last few days and the former seemed to reject his previous KKK and racial affiliations for God whereas Lee was more brutal than we have been lead to believe. I can't vouch for the authenticity of the articles but there is more than enough literature on that war to discover the truth.

Might be true, I'm not too clued-in on the personalities of the Confederate leadership tbh, I was just aware of the mainstream opinion.

The point though, is that there's no point being equivocal about which Confederate leaders were more or less racist, which ones really didn't like slavery, and which ones didn't really believe in secession. None of them should have a statue in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Might be true, I'm not too clued-in on the personalities of the Confederate leadership tbh, I was just aware of the mainstream opinion.

The point though, is that there's no point being equivocal about which Confederate leaders were more or less racist, which ones really didn't like slavery, and which ones didn't really believe in secession. None of them should have a statue in the first place.

It's portrayed as a war against slavery but in reality it was also a trade war, the south's farming economy depended on slaves so emancipation was in my opinion far more an economic attack rather than a moral issue, Northern industrialization couldn't compete with the Souths low cost labour agricultural economy. Lincoln was against miscegenation and publicly expressed his believe that whites were superior to blacks, but as we all know the winner dictates histories perception. It's also worth noting that Lincoln was the birth of the republican party and detested in the south, it's curious how that's flipped over the years.

When antifa and their ilk went around for months glorifying political violence they showed they're not against it on principle. Their problem is merely who is doing the violence.

When you boast about 'punch a nazi' and 'killing nazis' and you also stretch the definition of 'nazi' to everyone who voted for Trump, you shouldn't be surprised if at one point it blows up in your face.

Hence, no sympathy for those cunts.

yet all the right are reprehensible if they don't condemn these Nazi cunts straightaway

Agreed :ph34r: 

The absence of immediate disgust is suspicious. Delayed or watered down condemnation is a token gesture to save face. Neutrality is the product of protecting the self from the crimes of associates.

Venezuela is a pretty apt thing to come up in this thread because Donald Trump's tweet is basically a copy and paste job of Corbyn's reaction to what was happening in Venezuela.

The twitterspheric pro-Trump UK right went bazurk when Corbyn disengenously went for the arrogant neutral bullshit response. Corbyn's socialist Twitter army happily fell on their swords for him over it in their self constructed fight against the "right".

Now switch Corbyn for Trump and left for right and you have the exact same thing going on. Disengenous deflection, neutrality and childish mum he hit me as well.

I wonder how many of these right v left warriors realise they are a mirror image of each other. 

It's portrayed as a war against slavery but in reality it was also a trade war, the south's farming economy depended on slaves so emancipation was in my opinion far more an economic attack rather than a moral issue, Northern industrialization couldn't compete with the Souths low cost labour agricultural economy. Lincoln was against miscegenation and publicly expressed his believe that whites were superior to blacks, but as we all know the winner dictates histories perception. It's also worth noting that Lincoln was the birth of the republican party and detested in the south, it's curious how that's flipped over the years.

If anything the mainstream portrayal is more nuanced than the reality, and has deliberately obscured the fact that slavery was the absolute #1 concern of the Confederacy.  The ideas around states' rights and the lagging industrialisation of the South are imo retrospective justifications.

The South's developmental stagnation was largely caused by the ruling class's guarding of slavery, which propped up the cotton industry and removed the drive for industrialisation. 

And when it comes to states' rights, one of the main grievances of the slave states was Northern states enacting anti-slavery laws, such as banning the transport of slaves into their territory, or refusing the return of escaped slaves.

Before the war began, it was the South trying to impose slavery on the rest of the Union as far as possible - not the other way around. They were very pro-Washington when it came to Federal law supporting slavery, and very anti-states' rights when it came to hindering slavery. South Carolina were quite explicit about it in their declaration of secession:

"But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. The State of New Jersey, at an early day, passed a law in conformity with her constitutional obligation; but the current of anti-slavery feeling has led her more recently to enact laws which render inoperative the remedies provided by her own law and by the laws of Congress. In the State of New York even the right of transit for a slave has been denied by her tribunals; and the States of Ohio and Iowa have refused to surrender to justice fugitives charged with murder, and with inciting servile insurrection in the State of Virginia. Thus the constituted compact has been deliberately broken and disregarded by the non-slaveholding States, and the consequence follows that South Carolina is released from her obligation".

And yeah Lincoln was by our standards a racist, but his views were definitely on the softer end of the spectrum. Not that it matters much any way, what matters is the impact of his actions. A racist that fought for the North did more good than a pleasant man who fought for the South. 

Where has it not been condemned? The political right in the states has pretty much unanimously condemned this. 

Again what I'm saying is this hypocritical approach to the left & right violence is not going to work. It's took me 3-4 posts to get you to criticize the left wing nut (which you've tried to brush off as mental Illness) yet all the right are reprehensible if they don't condemn these Nazi cunts straightaway. Antifa as a horrible organisation just as bad as white supremacist groups, with their "it's our way or we'll beat you up" style. Until society acknowledges this you're going to continue radicalizing the far right by playing to the victim mentality they trade off. BLM are in part a black supremacist movement anyway, cut it anyway you want BLm are racist cunts to.

No I quite agree we should tear down the Colosseum in Rome to as it's a monument to vile slavery. It's 2017 if you can't look objectively at the past without getting upset then I again I'd question your intelligence 

If you're really comparing the removal of a statue of a confederate general that's been up for less than 100 years, in a country that wrote the book on "modern" slavery, in what was a confederate state, where racism and bigotry is just as alive in America as it has been in decades from the public and the law and in an area of the country where quite clearly a man of his ethics and values and the ethics and values he fought for are still revered to demolishing a building that was built 2063 years ago, that stopped the use of gladiatorial fighting 1417 years ago, that is used today because A. it was an architectural feat and B. because it is a look into an ancient civilisation for all the rights and wrongs it committed and can't see why that's the weirdest fucking comparison in ever used on the internet then it's not my intelligence you should be questioning.

You're basically taking people who have grandmothers and grandfathers who were actual slaves and comparing them to an ancient civilisation that no one living can possibly have any emotional attachment to whatsoever. You're then wondering why they might feel uneasy living in an area that still promotes a man who would happily have their grandparents or great grandparents living in slavery, having them still live in slavery and having people around them support him and his ideology because people can go to Rome and enjoy themselves outside the Colosseum. And again, it is my intelligence that needs questioning...

14 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

As for the march, I've always said it, watch out for the fat, nerdy kids who like computer games and heavy metal in school, they've unable to fit in with society and this kind of thing is the result.

Most metal fans I know (of) are radically left if anything. Cross-pollination with the hardcore scene took care of that.

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Agreed :ph34r: 

The absence of immediate disgust is suspicious. Delayed or watered down condemnation is a token gesture to save face. Neutrality is the product of protecting the self from the crimes of associates.

Venezuela is a pretty apt thing to come up in this thread because Donald Trump's tweet is basically a copy and paste job of Corbyn's reaction to what was happening in Venezuela.

The twitterspheric pro-Trump UK right went bazurk when Corbyn disengenously went for the arrogant neutral bullshit response. Corbyn's socialist Twitter army happily fell on their swords for him over it in their self constructed fight against the "right".

Now switch Corbyn for Trump and left for right and you have the exact same thing going on. Disengenous deflection, neutrality and childish mum he hit me as well.

I wonder how many of these right v left warriors realise they are a mirror image of each other. 

I've just googled Trumps response and he's right, looking at the more detail that comes out from the ground it certainly seems you had violence on both sides and no police between the two with almost running battles before this idiot committed murder. I'd also suggest he's not massively condemning on detail because potential legal ramifications and he's more concerned with North Korea at present. Corbyn has no legal bearing on Venezuala where as the President has a direct legal bearing on incidents in the states. There's also a great attempt underway to attribute this to Trump and his supporters by the looks of it. I think the immediate absence of disgust is because as a right winger you get the smear from this, hence the drive to get people disavowing the nutter that's done this. Look at the comments flying my way in this thread because i'm arguing that this is more an escalation in the existing continuing violence by both fringe elements of the political spectrum. I'm accused of making excuses for it, there's no actual dialogue, it's the same old side with us or you're a Nazi shite, as if i'm guilty by association. It's been going on for months with blatant double standards by the media and society as a whole, both groups want locking up and disbanding. You've now got world leaders condemning this, where were they when it's hard left on right? 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

If you're really comparing the removal of a statue of a confederate general that's been up for less than 100 years, in a country that wrote the book on "modern" slavery, in what was a confederate state, where racism and bigotry is just as alive in America as it has been in decades from the public and the law and in an area of the country where quite clearly a man of his ethics and values and the ethics and values he fought for are still revered to demolishing a building that was built 2063 years ago, that stopped the use of gladiatorial fighting 1417 years ago, that is used today because A. it was an architectural feat and B. because it is a look into an ancient civilisation for all the rights and wrongs it committed and can't see why that's the weirdest fucking comparison in ever used on the internet then it's not my intelligence you should be questioning.

You're basically taking people who have grandmothers and grandfathers who were actual slaves and comparing them to an ancient civilisation that no one living can possibly have any emotional attachment to whatsoever. You're then wondering why they might feel uneasy living in an area that still promotes a man who would happily have their grandparents or great grandparents living in slavery, having them still live in slavery and having people around them support him and his ideology because people can go to Rome and enjoy themselves outside the Colosseum. And again, it is my intelligence that needs questioning...

Slavery ended what, 150-160 years ago in the states, if there's a grandparent or even a great grandparent that's alive from the time of slavery i'll give you £100, I think my moneys safe though as they'd have to be 160 years old. This is far more about a continuation of civil rights and the race baiting BLM sensing blood in the cultural self loathing the white race inflicts upon itself coupled with increasing social influence as population percentages increase. Check the deputy Major of Charlotteville's Twitter, Dr Wes Bellamy the new apple of the western media's eye this morning is nothing more than a white hating racist black bloke. I've no doubt white supremacists are thoroughly reprehensible bastards, but this current situation in America and pockets of Europe is far more complex that one set being the bad guys. It's racial tension in which laws are being made with social bias and the result is both sides feeling a sense of victim hood. My neighbour is Nigerian and she's a lovely lady but she told me about a year ago that her car (which had no tax on and was towed and eventually crushed) was taken by the "white racist system", can you not see the problems we've created here? This will go down like a lead ballon but I see nothing to suggest that when the white man is the minority in these countries we're not going to see another ethnic cleansing clusterfuck as we have in Zimbabwe & South Africa because we've done nothing to check anti white sentiment and almost actively encouraged black supremacist thinking. There's a conversation that needs to be had and a peaceful balance that needs to be struck, I don't see how we'll get to that point with the current reactionary response we have.

https://imgur.com/gallery/jadu4

That's Bellamy's tweets blokes a disgrace and shouldn't hold a civil service position, yet apparently he's being used to call out "trump for being a racist" xD.  Also this was uploaded December last year, it's evident a resident of Charlottesville has been onto this cunt for sometime.

24 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I've just googled Trumps response and he's right, looking at the more detail that comes out from the ground it certainly seems you had violence on both sides and no police between the two with almost running battles before this idiot committed murder. I'd also suggest he's not massively condemning on detail because potential legal ramifications and he's more concerned with North Korea at present. Corbyn has no legal bearing on Venezuala where as the President has a direct legal bearing on incidents in the states. There's also a great attempt underway to attribute this to Trump and his supporters by the looks of it. I think the immediate absence of disgust is because as a right winger you get the smear from this, hence the drive to get people disavowing the nutter that's done this. Look at the comments flying my way in this thread because i'm arguing that this is more an escalation in the existing continuing violence by both fringe elements of the political spectrum. I'm accused of making excuses for it, there's no actual dialogue, it's the same old side with us or you're a Nazi shite, as if i'm guilty by association. It's been going on for months with blatant double standards by the media and society as a whole, both groups want locking up and disbanding. You've now got world leaders condemning this, where were they when it's hard left on right? 

You can condemn both without it being neutral. I doubt there are legal ramifications of how you weight it. 

Don't forget Trump has form on failing to properly condem Nazi's and the KKK from his election campaign.

As someone sent around twitter, to quote JFK

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of moral crisis preserve their neutrality"

Archived