talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA Nations League

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably in the minority here but I'm actually half interested in this, based on the assumption that everyone takes it seriously and it's a competitive competition.

It will be a nice distraction from the monotonous and mundane routine of the qualification process England find themselves in at present. This will, hopefully, see a better standard of opponent for England than Lithuania, San Marino and Estonia and hopefully will see competitive matches too.

I'll make an effort to go to a game at Wembley if this is competitive, taken fairly seriously and England get good opponents, which looking at the above, is a distinct possibility. Would be a fan of Germany, England and Netherlands in a group. 

Just now, ScoRoss said:

And then get to play Luxembourg in the tournament, as well as the qualifiers. 

Cool. Not really bothered, I’d choose not to go to the qualifier and I probably won’t be doing a tournament any time soon but having an opportunity to watch France, Spain, Germany, Italy etc at Wembley in a (semi) serious competitive game is good enough for me. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Danny said:

I'm looking forward to this, international football is the pinnacle of football but playing the likes of Albania and Moldova every weekend is not.

Pretty much this. 

This doesn’t replace qualifiers but will actually give England some competitive games rather than beating San Marino and Estonia on what feels like a loop every year to qualify for tournaments. 

On 07/12/2017 at 21:34, Kitchen Sales said:

It does look more interesting than those tedious friendlies and qualifiers.

So's watching watching paint dry while having a rusty knife shoved up your ass

On 21/09/2017 at 01:24, Dan said:

Maybe when they do it'll give us a wake up call. Then again we lost to a country the size of Leicester at a tournament and nothing's changed so what's it matter.

I think that's debatable. We have a great youth setup just need to get them through the system

On 12/10/2017 at 13:06, Kitchen Sales said:

This gives a place in the Euro's to one of the teams in each pot.

It gives Luxembourg's golden generation a genuine chance to qualify :8_laughing:

They could finish bottom of their qualifying group with a goal difference of minus 100 and still qualify for the Euro's if they can top a group containing Liechtenstein, San Marino and Malta then smash Andorra and Luxembourg in the playoffs 

That is one of the major critisms of it. A team could deliberately get relegated to get an easier qualifiying route. I think it might be interesting though personally. Seems uefa want to make international football more interesting

Drawn this week.

I’m still not altogether sure how this works and what the ramifications of winning/losing are but I do know that it needs to be taken fairly seriously as it effects the seedings for qualification for European Championships and World Cups. 

I’m going to make an effort to go to these, depending on who England get. Personally, I’d be a fan of Belgium and Croatia in a group with England. 

• Administrator

League D

Group 1
Andorra
Kazakhstan
Latvia
Georgia

Group 2:
San Marino
Moldova
Luxembourg
Belarus

Group 3
Kosovo
Malta
Faroe Islands
Azerbaijan

Group 4
Gibraltar
Liechtenstein
Armenia
Macedonia

• Administrator

League C

Group 1
Albania
Israel
Scotland

Group 2
Greece
Finland
Estonia
Hungary

Group 3
Cyprus
Bulgaria
Norway
Slovenia

Group 4
Serbia
Montenegro
Lithuania
Romania

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Wtf is this weather clash thing about? You can't be drawn with a country that has the same climate? Is this real xDxDxD

just heard the guy on SSN talk about that. wtf indeed. I don't understand why weather plays a part as if that would make a difference in a national tournament?!

• The topic was pinned

Archived