• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA Nations League

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Not in the slightest. It’s a two-way battle, Holland are dog shit. 

2, 3 or 4 are much harder groups. 

I know xD. Germany vs Netherlands has the rivalry though. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

SkySports have no idea how this tournament works

is it just me that finds the format quite simple and not at all that hard to understand :/ 

49 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not in the slightest. It’s a two-way battle, Holland are dog shit. 

2, 3 or 4 are much harder groups. 

We havent even got a coach at the moment!   but the prospects coming through are some of the best youth about in Europe. 

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Only thing I'm not sure about is the qualifying for the Euro's and World Cup. Does that still work in pretty much the same way then?

This is linked to it, somehow. I’m not sure exactly how but a team from each Nations League qualifies for the Euros (Not Sure on the WC)

Still surprised Italy qualified for the League A in this new 'League'.

Still seems odd to be that the 4 League Champions get automatically qualified into the Euros, as (to me), it's like saying the winners of Leagues One and Two both get a Europa Spot, but I guess that's how they get countries excited for this.

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Still surprised Italy qualified for the League A in this new 'League'.

Still seems odd to be that the 4 League Champions get automatically qualified into the Euros, as (to me), it's like saying the winners of Leagues One and Two both get a Europa Spot, but I guess that's how they get countries excited for this.

It’s so small countries have something to play for rather than just promotion, it would have made this concept pointless for them. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s so small countries have something to play for rather than just promotion, it would have made this concept pointless for them. 

..And that's what I gathered, just seems odd that it's more of an achievement to win League D and come in second in League A.

Well a few Group of Deaths in League A. Group 1 for instance will see the Dutch relegated, with either France or Germany winning it.

Italy gets a great draw with Poland and Portugal. It wouldn't surprise me to see Italy win this group actually.

One problem is if you are in a harder group you can get relegated where as a team in an easier group might not. Do the lower groups have a play of?

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One problem is if you are in a harder group you can get relegated where as a team in an easier group might not. Do the lower groups have a play of?

The lower groups have a playoff to decide who wins an automatic qualification place for Euro2020.

One place available per section.

• The topic was pinned

Archived