The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 15-16th August

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Storts said:

Are they allowed to when Champions League games are on?

Why wouldn't they be? Liverpool are the only English club playing, it's only the qualifiers and Sky Sports don't even have the rights to the European games.

I thought that there was a rule that you couldn't show live Football that wasn't a Champions League game? Sky haven't had the Champions League for a couple of years now and when there's games on alongside Championship games, the Championship games aren't shown live, you just get highlights of the goals on Sky Sports News. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I thought that there was a rule that you couldn't show live Football that wasn't a Champions League game? Sky haven't had the Champions League for a couple of years now and when there's games on alongside Championship games, the Championship games aren't shown live, you just get highlights of the goals on Sky Sports News. 

Yeah - that's what I thought as well. Pretty sure that is the case

Be good to get three points under our belts but the game will be more than just 3 points, there will be an announcement on the changes to Lionel Road in the programme and by all accounts the changes aren't positive otherwise the club wouldn't release them on a Tuesday night.

It sounds like Smith is going to change the team up or at least the formation, Harlee to come back into the defence most likely. Sawyers, Watkins and Maupay have all played roles from the bench so I anticipate they will start too. Maxim Colin hasn't started yet and I'm not sure how Dalsgaard performed but there were a few negative reviews about him so it wouldn't surprise me to see Colin come back into the squad.

Sergi Canos is also due to come back from injury so may make the bench!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

What the fuck that's absolute bollocks and I can't begin to understand why they think it's necessary.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What the fuck that's absolute bollocks and I can't begin to understand why they think it's necessary.

No idea why it's the case, I'd hardly imagine a game between Villa and Sunderland in November would pull too many neutrals away from Champions League games of say Real Madrid v Dortmund. 

UEFA's fascist regime :ph34r:

How come the Spanish super cup final is on then?

There aren't even any english clubs in the Champions League on Wednesday night. Do they expect us to watch Hapoel Be'er Sheva v Maribor over Sheff Wed v Sunderland

• Subscriber

I saw the stats of the Reading Villa game at half time. If you removed the badges you'd think it was Real Madrid v Elche. £20 on Reading at half time at a hilariously generous 2/1. Villa are awful and Bruce won't see Haloween.

3 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Who would you get to replace him?

Someone who just wants to implement a fucking system. I don't care I really don't I just want someone to come in implement a style of play and as a club we reinforce that through transfers & youth for the next 10 years. I think promotion is off this year, we're in a relegation scrap if we hold onto this cunt much longer. I think we're down here a few years now, it's typical though. 

Just now, Dan said:

I saw the stats of the Reading Villa game at half time. If you removed the badges you'd think it was Real Madrid v Elche. £20 on Reading at half time at a hilariously generous 2/1. Villa are awful and Bruce won't see Haloween.

Bruce won't see 2 more mate. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived