• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 15-16th August

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Get King Nige in. I'm serious to be honest, he suffers none of the kind of cunts who have dragged you lot down for so long.

Given how the Aston Villa players once reacted to Roy Keane and how Nigel Pearson reacted at Derby County I imagine Armageddon would be prettier.

• Subscriber
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

Given how the Aston Villa players once reacted to Roy Keane and how Nigel Pearson reacted at Derby County I imagine Armageddon would be prettier.

Pearson would've sorted Derby in time. He was crap there in his brief spell but he's never been a short term fix. We'd never be where we are or have done what we have done without him.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Get King Nige in. I'm serious to be honest, he suffers none of the kind of cunts who have dragged you lot down for so long.

I'd have him tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given the wages he's been allowed to spend on players I'll be amazed if Tony Xia pulls the plug so early in to the season.

Nah we have to go up because FFP fucks us next year, it's now or never he'll chop quickly hopefully 

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Most have gone now, it's a good squad, just no game plan 

Just now, Dan said:

Pearson would've sorted Derby in time. He was crap there in his brief spell but he's never been a short term fix. We'd never be where we are or have done what we have done without him.

From what's been said about his behavior at Derby County there was no coming back. I know you rightfully love the guy but let it go. He's made himself very difficult to employ given his previous conduct.

• Subscriber
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

From what's been said about his behavior at Derby County there was no coming back. I know you rightfully love the guy but let it go. He's made himself very difficult to employ given his previous conduct.

Which was?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I would have thought Bruce failing would end this "proven experience at this level" crap approach and people can get back to appointing someone suitable for the team and the vision not the division.

That as well as Wolves starting excellently.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Which was?

From what I remember he done a rather uncomfortable press conference after they lost to Blackburn where he criticized his players. It seemed more demoralizing than motivating. It then all blew up at training and the talk was this press conference led to players telling the chairman (who has a short temper himself) they didnt want to play for him any more. This led to a row on the training ground where Pearson had to be restrained. After that he was quite quickly suspended pending an investigation.

Our second 0-0 on the trot but have to say, this was a 'good' 0-0. Two really good competitive sides, creating some decent chances in front of a good atmosphere tonight. 

Point was fair. Fulham started brilliantly, had the better of te first gal whilst we had the second. Lots of if's and but's to look back on but I'm reasonably happy. 

If you don't score, you at least make sure you don't concede and that's what we're doing. We will play worse games and win, play better and lose. We performed well tonight, and can take positives into the sky game with sunderland saturday tea time.

I'd be more worried if my team only made 26 passes and sat back... ;)

19 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

"We didn't deserve to lose" apparently 

Pressure on him will be immense if this carries on. Be careful what you wish for though. David Moyes is out there ready and waiting...

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

From what I remember he done a rather uncomfortable press conference after they lost to Blackburn where he criticized his players. It seemed more demoralizing than motivating. It then all blew up at training and the talk was this press conference led to players telling the chairman (who has a short temper himself) they didnt want to play for him any more. This led to a row on the training ground where Pearson had to be restrained. After that he was quite quickly suspended pending an investigation.

Doesn't help himself but he'd have at least gotten rid of the troublemakers in time. Bad fit although it sounds like similar could happen at Villa. We had a situation where there were a few who needed weeding out but not everyone.

Derby's owner is a clown anyway. He's proven that on many occasions.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived