talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Proposals To Close Transfer Window Before Season Starts

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit idea. It will mean that our window will shut and then cunts like Barcelona will snatch the bestplayers with our clubs having no possibility of replacing them. 

If they are going to shut the window before the season starts it should be across the board. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Shit idea. It will mean that our window will shut and then cunts like Barcelona will snatch the bestplayers with our clubs having no possibility of replacing them. 

If they are going to shut the window before the season starts it should be across the board. 

This. I said this in @ScoRoss's thread. It would have to be for Europe as a whole or at least the top 5 or 6 leagues. I also read that there has to be a unanimous decision from Premier League clubs to make it happen which I find unlikely. 

Cannot see this happening tbh, if the window shuts at say 5pm on the Friday and the Premier League starts at 12.15pm on the Saturday, it suggests that a number of players signed on Deadline Day would not get the chance to train with their new teams, reducing the likelihood that they'll start a game the following day, which would ruin some of the vomit-inducing hype you get from Sky Sports. 

Ultimately, it's not a bad idea though there are issues like International tournaments in the Summer that reduces time teams have to sign players, especially those involved in said International tournaments. 

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This. I said this in @ScoRoss's thread. It would have to be for Europe as a whole or at least the top 5 or 6 leagues. I also read that there has to be a unanimous decision from Premier League clubs to make it happen which I find unlikely. 

Well they've got our board's vote to permanently close the transfer window :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Only if it's all across Europe would I support this. Fuck having everybody pick apart our league.

Pick apart OUR league mate?

Do you know the percentage of Premier League players that are from outside these borders?

Double standards maybe. 

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Do you know the percentage of Premier League players that are from outside these borders?

Double standards maybe. 

You've misunderstood again mate. What he's saying is that IF these proposals go through then clubs across Europe will be able to delve into the English market and purchase players leaving us no way of replacing those players. 

Its what this thread is about. 

If the market is open to all of Europe then it's fair game, if we are restricted from buying players however whilst the rest of Europe aren't, then obviously it's not.   

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

FSG would be made up

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

45 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You've misunderstood again mate. What he's saying is that IF these proposals go through then clubs across Europe will be able to delve into the English market and purchase players leaving us no way of replacing those players. 

Its what this thread is about. 

If the market is open to all of Europe then it's fair game, if we are restricted from buying players however whilst the rest of Europe aren't, then obviously it's not.   

I'm all for the windows closing uniformly in our confederation which is Europe. But the market is a free trade one where everyone can pick off from everyone. There are no credible reasons why all the European leagues can't come to an agreement. 

What I don't think is that any league is seeing the Premier League as a fishing pond. 

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'm all for the windows closing uniformly in our confederation which is Europe. But the market is a free trade one where everyone can pick off from everyone. There are no credible reasons why all the European leagues can't come to an agreement. 

What I don't think is that any league is seeing the Premier League as a fishing pond. 

Nobody has said it is mate, just that it would put us at a considerable disadvantage if these proposals were to go through. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Double standards maybe. 

When was the last time the Premier League attracted a world class star? Schevchenko? 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

When was the last time the Premier League attracted a world class star? Schevchenko? 

Agüero wasn't when he arrived at Man City and I don't know if he's touched that level while in Manchester. Maybe that's another debate...

Gianfranco Zola was when he came to Chelsea in my view and Bergkmap may have been when he arrived but if not, he definitely turned into that. Same as Henry and maybe Eric Cantona. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Agüero wasn't when he arrived at Man City and I don't know if he's touched that level while in Manchester. Maybe that's another debate...

Gianfranco Zola was when he came to Chelsea in my view and Bergkmap may have been when he arrived but if not, he definitely turned into that. Same as Henry and maybe Eric Cantona. 

We make world class players and then flog them on :ph34r:

If English teams can not add players after the season starts, but can still sell players to teams in other countries, it would put English clubs at a disadvantage in European competitions.  If this requires unanimous consent, it won't pass, but if 14 votes are enough it has a chance, because I imagine the clubs not playing in Europe could be for it.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Make it August 1st across the whole of Europe I reckon.

• Subscriber

If they implement this with the caveat that the end of the transfer window also shuts down the ability to sell post the close date then it actually doesn't make a difference what they do because no one will even bother trying to sign players from any other country. 

Archived