talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Proposals To Close Transfer Window Before Season Starts

• Administrator

I'm in favour of this. Fantasy Football is hard enough without the transfer window fucking up a well financially balanced team. I can see why clubs would want away with it. To be fair, England doesn't exactly export its best players in their droves. It may have even resolved the Coutinho saga sooner. We will never know. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Batard said:

I'm in favour of this. Fantasy Football is hard enough without the transfer window fucking up a well financially balanced team. I can see why clubs would want away with it. To be fair, England doesn't exactly export its best players in their droves. It may have even resolved the Coutinho saga sooner. We will never know. 

I agree with the sentiment, but it would only really work if other European clubs had the same window. For instance, while we may care whether or not we can get a replacement in time for Coutinho if we're to sell him to Barcelona... Barcelona couldn't really care less what we do after they get the player. If the window is closed for English clubs to make new signings, but other clubs can still sign from English clubs - we're still sort of in the same position. Coutinho wants to go, FSG wants to make money, Barcelona aren't stopped from making bids that can entice FSG to agree.

The transfer for European clubs should be the same throughout Europe imo. A shorter window for just one country will create a lot of problems, especially with things like international tournaments that generally slow down transfer activity as well. It could lead to some years having English clubs having little time for adequate preparation.

Archived