talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Playoff Round

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

APOEL, Liverpool, Sporting, Qarabag and CSKA Moscow all through to the group stage.

Copenhagen the biggest surprise out of all those knocked out tonight.

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Matip really hasnt put a foot wrong in ages.

Positions the wrong word, departments I suppose is better. Need a partner for Matip (although he's not as good as been made out either) as well as both fullbacks and a keeper. 

Just now, HK85 said:

Positions the wrong word, departments I suppose is better. Need a partner for Matip (although he's not as good as been made out either) as well as both fullbacks and a keeper. 

To be fair, both fullbacks were backups tonight. I don't have a problem with either Clyne or Robertson and TAA looks a good player, although he's still young. A new CB is an absolute must, though. You could put both goals down to Lovren tonight and it'll be inexcusable if we don't get an upgrade by the end of the window.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I'll agree there I think he has moments where he's terrible at being in the right position or just taking the tough decision to clear the ball but I can't fault him alone because as you said he needs a partner and while Lovren will come good at some point in the season hes not consistent enough. But getting back into the Champions League might turn some of our targets towards us, who knows.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

To be fair, both fullbacks were backups tonight. I don't have a problem with either Clyne or Robertson and TAA looks a good player, although he's still young. A new CB is an absolute must, though. You could put both goals down to Lovren tonight and it'll be inexcusable if we don't get an upgrade by the end of the window.

TAA does look really good on the front foot so far. Gets caught out a bit going back which is why Clyne will obviously come back in but he's still young and that positional sense will come. 

Archived