talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jese Rodriguez Signs Year Long Loan at Stoke City From PSG

The 24-year-old forward has arrived on a season-long loan from Paris St Germain and been immediately impressed with the rest of the changing room.

He has two Champions League titles on his CV from his time at Real Madrid and, having turned down a loan move to Fiorentina, is confident his new side can reach new heights.

image: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276370/binaries/DHVhN_FWAAAP7Et.jpg

DHVhN_FWAAAP7Et.jpg

I mean I'm all for the guy coming to stoke, he's a quality player. Proved it time and time again, but that's no the problem. The problem is we've sold about 4 of our starting XI last year along with Joselu for a total of roughly 38-40 mil (not including the Imbula loan for a 15 mil return). And the only actually player we splashed cash for was Martins Indi???? This is just putting a bandage on a gaping stab wound. What are we doing with the other 30 mil??? We may yet survive this season now but the fact that arguably two of our best players are just loans with no options at the end for a deal is discouraging. I understand Zouma because he signed a 6 year contract with Chelsea, but PSG are trying to get rid of this guy why not get a option for permanent at the end??? My trust for Sparky is quickly dwindling, along with the management, feels like a Newcastle collapse (no offense to any supporters)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jese is a player I highly rated when I found him in the U20 World Cup. I thought it was he who would make it big and not Morata. That injury really killed his career. I think he will show something at Stoke though, not exactly the player I was expecting 4 years ago, but hey. I think he'll do well.

12 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Jese is a player I highly rated when I found him in the U20 World Cup. I thought it was he who would make it big and not Morata. That injury really killed his career. I think he will show something at Stoke though, not exactly the player I was expecting 4 years ago, but hey. I think he'll do well.

Of course you did...

(Maybe just bad phrasing on your behalf)

• The title was changed to Jese Rodriguez Signs Year Long Loan at Stoke City From PSG
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I mean I'm all for the guy coming to stoke, he's a quality player. Proved it time and time again, but that's no the problem. The problem is we've sold about 4 of our starting XI last year along with Joselu for a total of roughly 38-40 mil (not including the Imbula loan for a 15 mil return). And the only actually player we splashed cash for was Martins Indi???? This is just putting a bandage on a gaping stab wound. What are we doing with the other 30 mil??? We may yet survive this season now but the fact that arguably two of our best players are just loans with no options at the end for a deal is discouraging. I understand Zouma because he signed a 6 year contract with Chelsea, but PSG are trying to get rid of this guy why not get a option for permanent at the end??? My trust for Sparky is quickly dwindling, along with the management, feels like a Newcastle collapse (no offense to any supporters)

I must say I'm a bit bemused at how little has been spent. Your net spend is something like -£30mil, in a year where we're all getting loads from TV anyway. Have Stoke been over-spending beforehand?

Interesting signing but I don't think it really changes much in the grand scheme. Still think they're destined to struggle.

37 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Stoke are holding the money back because they're not quite sure if they want to throw it all in with Hughes or not.

This is exactly it though, if they don't have the confidence in him then move on? Why set up Stoke to be in a relegation battle especially with how much money is at stake with the television numbers.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

I must say I'm a bit bemused at how little has been spent. Your net spend is something like -£30mil, in a year where we're all getting loads from TV anyway. Have Stoke been over-spending beforehand?

Interesting signing but I don't think it really changes much in the grand scheme. Still think they're destined to struggle.

Like I said before I won't be shocked if we go down. Stoke haven't been over spending whatsoever, we've wasted money on Berahino and Imbula in the past, but we've almost made back they money on Imbula and every other player we've bought so far. I know we filled in the corners of the stadium but outside that??? Where is that money????

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

This is exactly it though, if they don't have the confidence in him then move on? Why set up Stoke to be in a relegation battle especially with how much money is at stake with the television numbers.

Like I said before I won't be shocked if we go down. Stoke haven't been over spending whatsoever, we've wasted money on Berahino and Imbula in the past, but we've almost made back they money on Imbula and every other player we've bought so far. I know we filled in the corners of the stadium but outside that??? Where is that money????

I've got money on Stoke to be relegated this year. Thought you were diabolical last year for the most part, probably the easiest win we've had at home two years running and you couldn't even beat us when we were right at our worst, despite being 2-0 up against ten men with 15 to go. It's the signs of a poor side.

1 minute ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

It defies logic but that is common for football owners xD

Peter Coates strikes me as the kind of guy who will also take a while to accept the new transfer value of decent players

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've got money on Stoke to be relegated this year. Thought you were diabolical last year for the most part, probably the easiest win we've had at home two years running and you couldn't even beat us when we were right at our worst, despite being 2-0 up against ten men with 15 to go. It's the signs of a poor side.

I'll start worrying when Allardyce comes in or Pulis comes back to save us.

22 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It defies logic but that is common for football owners xD

Peter Coates strikes me as the kind of guy who will also take a while to accept the new transfer value of decent players

I don't think he will either and it doesn't help that the biggest player has been a flop in Imbula. However the 12 mil a piece they payed for Shaqiri, Crouch, Joe Allen have been worth it so I don't see the issue in at least spending that much for a player.

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Jesé is very talented but he's off his head and thinks too much of himself.  Although it will be interesting to see him play here in England.

It's worked well enough with Shaqiri who is similar, also with Bojan and Arnie so I have hope. 

4 hours ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

With the unpredictable nature of transfer fee inflation I think loans with an option to buy are going to become a thing of the past. If Jesé hits 15 goals his value will more than likely treble.

20 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

With the unpredictable nature of transfer fee inflation I think loans with an option to buy are going to become a thing of the past. If Jesé hits 15 goals his value will more than likely treble.

Then if they thought he was  good enough for a loan they should have just fully committed to the guy and bought him simple as that. They've brought in over 30 mil, and the club adamantly stated they will reinvest it but haven't. If it's because they don't have confidence in Sparky than pull the plug so we don't have to face relegation battle which is likely for this season. If we get smacked around by Arsenal that's going to say something but we'll see.

• Administrator

At a time when Premier League clubs have access to more money than ever before, the owners at Stoke and Newcastle (especially) just look like they're taking their cut from the boom era. Mike Ashley isn't fooling anyone. Nor are Stoke. They've got money to spend but aren't. To be fair; Hughes is an awful manager and I would fancy Stoke to get relegated this year. 

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Jess is a decent enough signing for Stoke in my book although I do agree that they haven't got enough to stay up this season, they've been nothing short of diabolical in places.

After that Arsenal win I think if they defense can stay healthy between Zouma, Shawcross and Martins Indi we'll survive, not thrive but survive.

Archived